Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That was FF Grandmasters, not the Nexon version of FFXI.

Thanks for the translation Kincard.
    Spoiler: show
    Now for the remainder of the FFXI devs to hopefully take a month off from content development to remove POL Viewer from the game once and for all.

Unlikely to happen given how it's rooted in the friends list/messaging system, as well as various error reports.

Fourth part added, I think that's all the written ones. They also had video interviews with Matsui and Tanaka, but my listening skills are pretty crummy so I don't think I'd be able to pick up on a lot of what they're saying. I'll try to look at them later and see if I hear anything interesting, I guess.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I think the mobile version is bombing. it got outsourced, and the quality of it must have been so bad that they couldnt show anything at all. i mean we are like over a year in and havent seen anything from the mobile version, like NOTHING. not even news
    So all rage at the time at the mobile and SE for 'selling out' was justified. It wasn't at all a case of they could *not* continue updates or 11 was no longer profitable

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Part 3 of the interview for music/sound added.

The circumstances which gave us Adoulin are still very unlikely to come again. I think we're moving back to an era like Voidwatch where there won't be any "real" new content. New battles and maybe a new monster model every now and again? That part where they said they're going to be able to put more variation on equipment sounds interesting.
    i thought so too, expecting total fluff like raptor mounts, but we'll see with ambuscade and with some comments they had about future upgrade paths for ultimate weapons, maybe new gear too. I agree that it will come in slower. Guess i'm coming from the point of view they're going revisionist on the "endgame" press conference

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viar View Post
    If I remember correctly they also said they're not increasing lv cap back at 75 era.

Ever since then I don't take anything they said seriously anymore.
    yeah but to call a press conference just to say exactly the opposite of what they're saying now and pretend they were 'misunderstood' is pretty fuckin incredible. It's not 'just' lying to the players at that point

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    They're just entirely different games. The atmosphere/setting may be similar, but the battle content, entire setup for endgame, etc. are extremely different. I just don't want to commit to a regular raiding schedule so the horizontal progression of FFXI fits much nicer and it's easier to keep up.
    V2 probably got more subs from WoW and new gamers than 11, and this is something they should've figured out, rather than try to shove players from 11 onto 14. It's their incompetence that never ceases to exasperate me

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Edit button exists lol... I too am kinda thinking something caused them to change their direction with XI. Not quite sure what but it happened.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You know what most of the people interviewed have in common?

Spoiler: show
    They were all OG Squaresoft folk.

Square's localizations were worse than Squareenix', but in every other regard they put out superior products.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Did they ever continue those tidbits of story you got from progressing through Records of Eminence? Like every 50-100 unique objectives gave you a new quest, the last of which seemed to tie into Monstrosity or something?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I wouldn't hold my breath for a "my bad" from a company as big as Squeenix. They expected one thing, and got another with the release of "Rhapsodies", and are now retooling their approach to their customer base. Of course they'd love for us all to jump on over to FFXIV, but if we won't and keep showing a baseline loyalty to a product, they're not going to be completely stupid- they're going to find the middle ground of keeping this ship floating whilst keeping us sated. Not completely full, mind you, but happy enough that we don't storm the castle.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hopefully these upcoming "fluff" updates also mean that "fluff" content like Monstrosity gets more love. They should have plenty of time for that now.

Also that Tanaka interview is potentially interesting, hadn't heard anything about or from him since he was canned

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Unlikely to happen given how it's rooted in the friends list/messaging system, as well as various error reports.
    That's why I said a month of just that w/ no content so they can make the game self-reliant. Actually curious to see what they learn they can pump out when not having to worry about memory/processing budgeting on the PS2 in the coming months.

In topic related news, it looks like Fujito will be taking over Ito's role as director later this year, not that anything would probably change as a result.
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...42/detail.html

I also wouldn't mind the Tanaka interview being translated at some point if someone is fluent enough for it. I never recovered from stockholm syndrome w/ golden-era XI.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Didn't realize more was added thanks Kincaird.

Man the last bit with Iwao and Ishii really got me though. Where they were talking about the little things to try and make the game memorable and more immersive and bring players together. Just brings me back to those days where you'd first notice those floating flowers or trying your hardest not to die to links and the friendships and rivalries etc. Just not the same.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Well that was a great read, thanks Kinard.

Right in the feels. Sometimes I forget exactly how much time I spent in this game.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Excellent read, indeed! Thanks for sharing this, Kincard!

As for the mobile game, it came out in back in October I believe.

Hard to believe this game's going on 15 years now. I still remember being like "OMG FINAL FANTASY ONLINE!" when it was first announced back in 2000.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

That's a pretty amazing series of interviews. Thanks for sharing!

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by darkepyon View Post
    As for the mobile game, it came out in back in October I believe.
    You're thinking Grandmasters, and its not the same game. like so

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    That was FF Grandmasters, not the Nexon version of FFXI.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Great read, reading the part about how the singer was so moved really did me in. Thanks for translating.

They finally fixed the beetle...after all this time...

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Thanks for this. Great read and loved that you kept all the Japanese-only content references heh

The way they say a next expansion is "difficult" seems like they don't want to close the door for good.. And I really want to return to FFXI some day..
    But at this point I'm only waiting for the mobile revival