Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'm going to go on a wild limb and say the Sulevia set is the crafted stuff they added this time and as such probably not augmentable. I'm guessing it's only capes this time... and maybe this whole items change month to month is like each month we get a different slot lol.
    If they're doing capes do you think we'll get neck/ring/earring/belts augmentable too? That'd be insane.

Who would have thought one slot would have made me so excited.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Pet Regen+10 is going to be cool on the GEO cape.

I feel obligated to comment on this. Dancer got a substantial upgrade in every DD back department with those capes. The increased Samba duration means we can have 3 minute Haste Sambas with Saber Dance 1/5.

WAR now only has 21 seconds of Berserk downtime if they max Berserk merits.

Bard gets another 3 accuracy per Madrigal.

Edit: Noticed WSD and Crit damage in the third category

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I'm going to go on a wild limb and say the Sulevia set is the crafted stuff they added this time and as such probably not augmentable. I'm guessing it's only capes this time... and maybe this whole items change month to month is like each month we get a different slot lol.
    You're probably right, way to dash my dreams. Still, gonna love me some of those capes for my mains. >~>

DRG - STR+20, Acc/Atk+20, STP+10; best jump piece! And sexiest weaponskill piece.
    BLU - DEX+20, Acc/Atk+20, Crit Dmg or WSD+10; all the WS!
    SCH - INT+20, Macc/Matk+20, FC+10; debuff/FC piece? idk what to even do with this, man.
    RUN - STR+20, Acc/Atk+20, WSD+10; WS yet again.
    PUP - Pet: Acc/Racc/Atk/Ratk+20, Acc/Atk+20, Pet: Haste+10? Idk for that last slot, but good hybrid piece otherwise.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actually on second reading I can almost guarantee that armor set isn't for ambuscade augments

Quote Originally Posted by update notes
    Augments
    Job-specific equipment obtained with hallmarks can be augmented by trading them along with certain items to Gorpa-Masorpa.
    Doing other accessories would be pretty cool as mentioned above.... would almost explain the lack of say DT. And if those accessories base stats are as good as a lot of these are damn

Do ppl seriously think they're gonna let you max out that many things on a single cape

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well, at least we have awesome capes in our future? Though with them being limited-time, I feel bad for those who aren't around for this first month. Especially for PUP and SMN, pet: level+1 is pretty awesome in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by GilgameshBoshi View Post
    Do ppl seriously think they're gonna let you max out that many things on a single cape
    Dunno! Seen more broken things.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GilgameshBoshi View Post
    I bet they let you do one per category.

Looks like we're finally getting iLevel accessory-equivalents. Combatant's Torque vs. PCC is much less of an upgrade than any iLevel armor vs. it's non-iLevel equivalent. Perhaps they're going to even that out.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Up to 20 Abdhaljs thread or pinches of Abdhaljs dust, or 10 bottles of Abdhaljs sap, may be used.
    The OR part is what is worrying me. AND would imply you could do all three. OR implies that you can only pick one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    PUP - Pet: Acc/Racc/Atk/Ratk+20, Acc/Atk+20, Pet: Haste+10? Idk for that last slot, but good hybrid piece otherwise.
    Probably depends on what you do with it exactly but yeah something like that sounds good. All I know is my Karagoz Mantle +1 just got wrecked beyond belief lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

With Ohtas and that cape, the PUPTrain coming through

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No joke. Between Ohtas, Cape with Haste+10, and Hurch'lan sash you have capped pet Haste and a huge chunk of acc. Leaves all your other slots open for pure stat options, like Naga feet.

Unrelated: Backs aren't rare, only Ex. Means you can mix-and-match for different situations!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Unrelated: Backs aren't rare, only Ex. Means you can mix-and-match for different situations!
    Which may be related to the "can only obtain certain items a limited number of times" comment in the notes.

Well, at least we have awesome capes in our future? Though with them being limited-time, I feel bad for those who aren't around for this first month. Especially for PUP and SMN, pet: level+1 is pretty awesome in and of itself.
    Dunno! Seen more broken things.
    nirvana's +2 levels gives 57 acc, 74 attack. 10 to all stats.

this should mean 28 acc, 37 attack, 5 to all stats... and the additional 20 acc and attack (or matk) from augments.

This cape pretty handily trounces conveyance cape.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    nirvana's +2 levels gives 57 acc, 74 attack. 10 to all stats.

this should mean 28 acc, 37 attack, 5 to all stats... and the additional 20 acc and attack (or matk) from augments.

This cape pretty handily trounces conveyance cape.
    And Scintillating Cape.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It'll be 1 augment total, I promise. There's no way they'd let us get 20 INT, 20 Macc, 10 MAB on a single mage cape (or 20STR/10WSD on a melee cape,) that would be fucking insane

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    And Scintillating Cape.
    scintillating cape was never any good for anything but flaming crush due to the dual properties.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm so the Suleva set is ra/ex... guess maybe they aren't the new recipes. Maybe just furnishing recipes. But still sounds like they aren't augmentable. So maybe they rotating different ok sets of 119 gear from ambuscade? Like a new sparks standard?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

We already have capes with 4 augment slots, why would 3 augment slots be insane? As well, only one slot makes them a slight upgrade, if at all, for many situations. I think it's about time we move past capes that have been BiS for 3 years.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    It'll be 1 augment total, I promise. There's no way they'd let us get 20 INT, 20 Macc, 10 MAB on a single mage cape (or 20STR/10WSD on a melee cape,) that would be fucking insane
    Insane like a cape that allows a blm to get to -97.5% DT?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    scintillating cape was never any good for anything but flaming crush due to the dual properties.
    That really depends on the individual and their gear. Scintillating cape adds more damage to magic pacts than Conveyance depending on how much BP dmg+ you have from other sources. But doesn't really matter now that we potentially have a cape that gets +20m.acc/m.dmg in addition to whatever the +1 level benefits are.