Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

They could have just made this an outside event like escha NMs or VW. It's not like it's dungeon content where you actually have to run around and stuff. There was no reason for this to be instanced in the first place.

Locking it to an arguably minimally used zone makes it easier for them to shift the content around, though.

What they should probably do is clone the entire Legion area and make a 3+ man version stationed in Selbina. Naturally, they should attempt to increase the pseudo-instances of the existing zone, as well. I can't really get behind a group bonus since a good group should probably be handling VDs with no problem, anyway, which is obviously better rewarding than soloing lesser stuff. Success or fail, I guess they could toss in a once a game day cooldown, but I see the need for that lessening the further into the month we get. Shit's just congested now because it's the "in" thing. Toss in an RoE objective that doubles the rewards of your first clear of the day and you cut down on potential congestion, too.

Still, kinda classic SE for content to wind up inaccessible one way or another.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DaFang View Post
    They could have just made this an outside event like escha NMs or VW. It's not like it's dungeon content where you actually have to run around and stuff. There was no reason for this to be instanced in the first place.
    exactly. They could have made numerous ??? pops all over the place so that there's 0 congestion. There's no need to get more complicated like the above post, but SE wants to turn a 2 day a month event into a full month to keep people subbed.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by steellord View Post
    exactly. They could have made numerous ??? pops all over the place so that there's 0 congestion. There's no need to get more complicated like the above post, but SE wants to turn a 2 day a month event into a full month to keep people subbed.
    Far as I know, adding the ability to go pop at ???s all over Vana'diel would entail adding/rotating the sets of mobs to all of those zones. Like arus2001 pointed out, if they put stuff in one instanced zone, it means they just have to edit that one zone. It minimizes the work they need to do, possibly serving to make it feasible to fit into monthly updates.

That said, what they could likely do for very little effort is make stuff like UNMs or HTBs/RoE for them give Hallmarks as well. If that were the only system, then it'd be cause for complaint, but as an alternative it'd be nice.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So even VE intense still has 3 mobs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Far as I know, adding the ability to go pop at ???s all over Vana'diel would entail adding/rotating the sets of mobs to all of those zones. Like arus2001 pointed out, if they put stuff in one instanced zone, it means they just have to edit that one zone. It minimizes the work they need to do, possibly serving to make it feasible to fit into monthly updates.

That said, what they could likely do for very little effort is make stuff like UNMs or HTBs/RoE for them give Hallmarks as well. If that were the only system, then it'd be cause for complaint, but as an alternative it'd be nice.
    they could just add ??? all over bhaflau or an abyssea or something, still one zone

they always prefer congestion as an artificial time waster. It happens every time new worthwhile content is added, not a coincidence, unless they're just that incompetent

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by steellord View Post
    they could just add ??? all over bhaflau or an abyssea or something, still one zone

they always prefer congestion as an artificial time waster. It happens every time new worthwhile content is added, not a coincidence, unless they're just that incompetent
    It'd still be packed, and still present a problem. For a lot of content, it's just an initial surge. Ambuscade...needs to work a -lot- better even with the crowding, long term. "Time waster" is not the issue, because they aren't going to retain subscriptions as it is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So in case there was any doubt the ra/ex meds do go into normal inventory. Can't think how awesome having a random clerics drink wherever I went would've been in the past but now meh

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It'd be super nice now too, if it wasn't limited to at most 1 per month per player.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So apparently I can get my meva so high it's cash

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    It'd still be packed, and still present a problem. For a lot of content, it's just an initial surge. Ambuscade...needs to work a -lot- better even with the crowding, long term. "Time waster" is not the issue, because they aren't going to retain subscriptions as it is.
    the 3 ??? in abyssea helped a ton at the time. Anyway, i'm not interested in their excuses and am not going to resub again until they figure this out. Have better things to do and i can tell it's the direction of future content

Abyssea also had a fuckton more NMs and sometimes alternative sources for KIs to help spread people out and minimize congestion. Yes, it still happened, but Ambuscade simply doesn't have that luxury. It's basically the line for adventurer fellows or the stronghold/shadowlord BCs all over again, including people more than willing to cut said line.

I don't really see the queue changing anything in the process. Search a zone, see 100 there, find out your 50th in line when people take 5-15m? Fuck that. Maybe it's about time they get on the true instancing wagon now that PS2 limitations no longer apply.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Has anyone tested if the blm cape counts towards the MBB cap?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Has anyone tested if the blm cape counts towards the MBB cap?
    Feinare and I tested this. Keeping MAB the same and INT capped for Tier 1 vs Ceizak Mandies, there was no difference in the MB damage capped w/o cape and capped + cape, so it would appear to count toward the standard gear cap.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Did anyone test if weapon skill damage + 10% is actually 10% or fTP +.1 like gorget/belt?

Campaign
    BG Level

I seem to recall someone testing it being a bonus to first hit only and not transferring to multiple hit WS which usually transfer FTP across all hits.
    I think it was a post from either Tachi or Byrth but I don't remember where I read it. FFXIAH maybe? Ambuscade Findings thread?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A little late, and I know the May update is out now, but the "Raptor Wrangler" title happened for me when I cleared 4 mins (3:55) on the Raptor run minigame. I don't know if it's tied to having server best time, but I also had that because I was doing it right after maintenance.