Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Crafter's gamble Vs monthly Ambuscade updates

So, with guaranteed ambuscade new gear every update, how can any large crafter feel safe? How can any buyer feel safe now, spending 100M+ on Voodoo etc gears. Hopefully they keep most Abj stuff situational long term. SE just love playing with those strings.

Crafting is always a gamble, as all crafters know. The more you gamble, the more you can make, or loose!

Monthly updates do effect sales, people stop buying expensive merchandise close to an update, and the AH becomes sluggish. I have often invested massive amount of time and gil into a crafting project and nail bite while waiting for update dats on this forum. I had a near miss today when I saw the new Sulevia's Plate. +1, but this time, it doesn't touch my current investment

SE can destroy the sales of any item in an Ambuscade update, if they feel like it, I'm going to be a bit more vigilant.

Win or loose I love crafting, happy doing my bit keeping the troops geared.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

By the content of the .DAT mine, Ambuscade appears to be bridge gear (like Skirmish stuff). Matsui's note regarding the content being "truly accessible for all" implies that SE intends to keep Ambuscade that way.

When they release an event called Tartarus or something which has Delve bosses and Xol's inside together and is content level 150, then you should worry.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    When they release an event called Tartarus or something which has Delve bosses and Xol's inside together and is content level 150, then you should worry.
    Do we know if they are still doing this? ...or was it for-sure cancelled? I was excited when I saw the concept art.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not sure I understand the question... we've been having more or less monthly updates with new gear for like 2 years now....