Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    we stan Punisher and Preacher so give it a go we shall

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just finished the third ep. Holy fuck is this season delivering so far.

I am actually glad it’s doing the one ep a week model. I hate how I can’t look up stuff on a show until I’ve seen all the episodes in case I run into spoilers.

I wouldn’t want ever single show to be this way, but it’s enjoyable to have some shows where you can talk to people as it progresses. And this is a show that needs a sharing of “What in the actual fuck just happened” after almost every one.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd more prefer if it was 2-3 episodes a week instead of trying to milk it for two months in the off-chance they catch people with a subscription renewal during that period who would otherwise stop the service.

That third episode though...

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I'm glad that most of the trailers (that I can recall) seem to be pretty much exclusive to these three though

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I feel this will be better for the wife and I watching it together. We really only watch TV together 1-2 nights a week because the rest I'm playing video games while she reads.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The weekly release is both to keep people subscribed and to keep people talking about it.

All the content producers are looking for the next big piece of TV monoculture to replace Game of Thrones, and weekly release is part of that playbook

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Someone green light the Stormlight Archive. That will be the next GoT.

It's not finished yet but unlike GRRM, Brandon Sanderson pumps out books like a madman.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I feel this will be better for the wife and I watching it together. We really only watch TV together 1-2 nights a week because the rest I'm playing video games while she reads.
    I got the wife interested in watching the show so it'll take us a month or so to get through season 1, so by the time I catch back up season 2 should be done. With a baby and me working 2nd shift, we only get weekend nights to watch stuff.

And as far as Stormlight TV show, it would still catch up pretty quickly, even if it takes 5 years or so before it initially gets put up on the screen. Each book could be 2-3 seasons if the showrunners are completely true to the book, but I'm not sure how good that would make for TV. And the more Sanderson gets into this series, I get the feeling the longer it will take to get a new book out. Definitely not as long as Martin or Rothfuss, but I could easily see it taking 3-4 years between books occasionally.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post

And as far as Stormlight TV show, it would still catch up pretty quickly, even if it takes 5 years or so before it initially gets put up on the screen. Each book could be 2-3 seasons if the showrunners are completely true to the book, but I'm not sure how good that would make for TV. And the more Sanderson gets into this series, I get the feeling the longer it will take to get a new book out. Definitely not as long as Martin or Rothfuss, but I could easily see it taking 3-4 years between books occasionally.
    Nah. Arc 1 of Stormlight is only 5 books. Book 4 comes out this Nov and book 5 is slated for 2022. If they started filming right this second the show would only really be taking off right before Book 5 is out.

Arc 2 is another 5 books but it's not going to be a direct continuation of the current narrative. It'll further the story in the same world but will revolve around a new set of characters. Could totally see 5 seasons of Stormlight finishing out the first story. Couple years of break and yet another 5 seasons. That wouldn't finish until 2034~. He'll be done by all the books by then.

Ridill
    BG Level

Oh. Didn't know he was Mistborning the story.

BG Level

my father was a bipolar. one night when i was ten, he tried to smother me with a Hello Kitty duvet *awkward shoulder pat*

SOLD

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Oh. Didn't know he was Mistborning the story.
    Yeah it seems to be that way. I think we will wrap up with the current story with book 5. I'm hype as fuck.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I imagine a decent amount of people subbed to prime just to watch this, assuming it would be released all at once like nearly everything else on amazon, including season 1 of this show.

Did they communicate it would be a weekly release in trailers and whatnot? If not, I can kind of understand the reaction.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

it's been known since at least June
    https://tvline.com/2020/06/26/the-bo...e-date-amazon/
    This fall is about to get a little super: Season 2 of Amazon Prime Video’s gritty superhero satire The Boys will premiere Friday, Sept. 4 with three episodes, it was announced during a virtual reunion panel hosted by upcoming guest star Patton Oswalt. A new installment will then debut every Friday until the season finale on Oct. 9.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It was known at least like 2 weeks out, that's when I first saw mention of it. Edit : beaten by qal

Also, there are people who subscribe to Prime for just a single show?

Ridill
    BG Level

I subscribe to Prime soley for the free shipping. The rest is bonus.

BG Level

same

also from the review scores i've seen there's a lot of anti-SJW sentiment driving the review bombing, it's not just the release schedule

also i may have binge watched the whole shebang in 3 days

Spoiler: show

Homelander #1 evil laboratory rapist murderer mutation with textbook attachment disorder

the acting can be uneven and the Deep's B-plot is p bad and drags forever but darn good show, darn good. laughs and ultraviolence but also rather clever if on the nose in what it says about capitalism and corporate personhood and anything up to and including sexual assault being co-opted by the machine for the bottom line. good character moments throughout for a show that sells so hard to the hits and tits crowd, Noir learning how he was created and sobbing to himself with his gilded statue in the fore-shot was mwah.

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    same

also from the review scores i've seen there's a lot of anti-SJW sentiment driving the review bombing, it's not just the release schedule

also i may have binge watched the whole shebang in 3 days

Spoiler: show

Homelander #1 evil laboratory rapist murderer mutation with textbook attachment disorder

the acting can be uneven and the Deep's B-plot is p bad and drags forever but darn good show, darn good. laughs and ultraviolence but also rather clever if on the nose in what it says about capitalism and corporate personhood and anything up to and including sexual assault being co-opted by the machine for the bottom line. good character moments throughout for a show that sells so hard to the hits and tits crowd, Noir learning how he was created and sobbing to himself with his gilded statue in the fore-shot was mwah.
    I haven’t watched S2E1 yet, but wasn’t the tone of the first series very SJW friendly? Kinda lost why they’re still on board with the show and they just now realized.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe they're butthurt about Stormfront?

Can never tell with these people sometimes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag