Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oravis Altago
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Played this a little in jp and started on the global release. It's okay. Music is pure nostalgia. Tons of glitches though, even in the JP version... like no victory music playing after a battle or even sound effects not working correctly.

I want to love this game lol But if feels very low budget. I'll probably keep playing it for the nostalgia for now.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, I DL'd this game to try it out and got to the first free 11 pull they give you. Got some 6* sword called Clameid Soluis(or something like that) that it looks like I can't even equip until I'm level 50, lol. Any recommendations on which characters are best to stat out first?

I think it's a great sword and not a small sword, which is what the valkyrie uses as her main weapon.

Either way, no fucking clue about what's good or not, myself. I'm just going to shoot for an average party since early gifts and such certainly make the earlier stages a cakewalk.

After playing a few days, I'd probably suggest the following for anyone picking this up:

1) Push story content initially and work your way to unlock the dude with the red beard. He has a rune passive trait that reduces the cost of searching in stages relative to its level. This can easily be a savings of 30% stamina or more in higher cost stages. He also has to be in a combat party slot for it to work. Additionally, search every spot in every stage.
    2) Gold gains are miserable outside of Friday dailies. Thus, due to tight inventory restrictions, I would advise against going on upgrade/limit break/evolve sprees on weapons without access to those dungeons. Fortunately, they're pretty easy.
    3) I'd suggest bumping weapon/orb inventories up to 100 with gems. Don't need to do it all at once, but eventually you'll want to. Just vendor 1* weapons.
    4) Upgrade costs seem to scale on things relative to both its rank and current level. Trying to upgrade an item near max will be more costly than just starting on it. As such, it's probably better off using lesser fodder first before dumping big hammers or higher star sacrifices. You may get some overflow with a great success, but it could also save you 20k+ gold.
    5) Auto is fairly decent at juggling and combo building, but I'd generally suggest building the gauge to level 4 before riding it out the rest of the stage if it's not faceroll. The premium auto is really nice for gauge building, but it's also premium, so ffff.
    6) In some of the side stories there are apparently unique orbs for the respective character that, when equipped by them, will help unlock something in a later stage. Problem is, these are not pointed out by the game in any way, are not auto-locked on acquisition, and could be easily foddered away in orb upgrading if you're not paying attention. According to reddit, their icons are usually a little different, like a jewel standing upright instead of laying diagonally. Don't think I've come across them yet, myself, but fair warning.
    7) Don't transfer Einherjar with your good gear on, you'll lose access to it for an hour.
    8) The Rank point return on dailies and such is pretty shit, so you may want to prioritize story mode and the like to rank up, anyway. Energy also doesn't overflow, so try to be as close to 0 as possible when ranking up.
    9) Event characters like Liu seem to have unique weapons and limit breaking items. If you can't farm them all, it's probably better to wait for a rerun or them being added some other way unless you're willing to whale refills.
    10) Please fully equip your Favorite (or friend) unit. Way too many people seem to forget orbs or realize that they function independently of party equip settings.
    11) The EXP curve is real. I'd suggest using beads to get Lenneth to 40, equipping her well, and largely just cycling people in to level up to 25 or beyond in stages if you limit break them. You will need to run some LB stages eventually.
    12) A lot of early game mobs seem to resist ice, so it might be a good idea to swap the mermaid girl out as soon as you get someone else.
    13) I've seen no way to set an attack skill (tap attack) order for characters, or a way to freely practice juggling if you switch things up. Auto will likely do a better short of overkill farming.
    14) If you do the Rufus/Alicia banner and pull their weapon, you have to sacrifice it in the Artifact item menu. Other original characters seem to be unlocked this way, too. So, RIP 6* gear. Might be better off holding past a couple initial pulls to gear your Lenneth, too.
    15) Don't feel compelled to push the third challenge grid. They're literally longer term goals and stuff like the Hard Valkyrie stage they want you to do isn't easy for beginners.
    16) Along with rotating dailies, there's a generic set of quests that are solely for giving gems for first clear. Do 'em daily, though the third tier will probably be out of reach. Not sure if they truly refresh or just unique to the day.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finally got a Greatsword user to go with that Clameid Slouis, I got at the beginning. So far, Stat wise, it's even stronger than the dark-element greatsword on the dark banner, (elemental affinity aside). It's actually doing really well too. it's ability is a really strong AoE move. I completed Liu's Strengthning quest with a party of 30's and a level 88 friend. it really wasn't that bad. Kurt's 3 AoE moves from Clameid Soluis were enough to wipe out the trash on the boss fight. Allowing me to focus down the boss with mostly attacks. I'll probabl try to farm out Liu's event before it dissapears in 4 days since I can. It's also good EXP for my lower level characters. I used some EXP beads on my Kurt and he is now LVL 44.

Yeah, I borrowed an Arngrim before with that skill and it was pretty decent. Unfortunately, so many other weapon skills in the game seem to be hot garbage with Cures probably being next best due to how party HP works.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, I had a second copy of a 6* First Battle Sword lying around since I was only using 1 sword user. Decided to play around with the party composition a bit. I took out my LVL 33 Jeanne who had a LVL 30 5* bow equipped, and put in a LVL. 1 Liu and equipped the LVL 30 6* First Battle Sword, and my Party Might went UP by over 2,000 lol. So, either 6* weapons are retardedly more powerful than 5* weapons, or event characters are naturally more powerful than story characters. Or maybe a mix of the two.

EDIT: I might add, that Liu actually gets 4 attacks, also. Which probably accounts for some it. None of the other characters I've gotten so far have been able to attack 4x.

I think presently she's the only one who comes with the ability by default. There are some Orbs with a "Plus One" attribute that may activate some of the time and give an extra turn.

Meanwhile, day 3 of Nachi farming: Her T2 LB books are a fucking lie and I have way more PvP keys then I'll ever fucking need.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Every single run I've on Liu's T2 has netted me 1 book per run....EXCEPT the last run I just did like 10 minutes ago. I got 2 Tier 2 books and nearly shat myself, lol.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, so I got Liu her second Limit break, and saw the requirements for the 3rd one are something called "Swordfighter's Memory III" I have yet to see this drop from Liu's event, is this item from outside the event?

That's just the generic T3 LB item, so you're pretty much done with her event unless you want to evolve her sword. Compared to Nachi's, the drop rate on LB books is a dream. I'm probably averaging 1 every 4 runs and you need 20.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just completed all my SQ's for Nachi's event. So far as my first wins went, rewards were as follows:

SQ1 - 1 Nachi T1 book
    SQ2 - 2 Nachi T1 books
    SQ3 - 1 Nachi T2 book
    SQ4 - 2 Nachi T2 books
    SQ5 - No LB books, but I did get a new bow for Nachi, a ton of bow upgrade materials, and some kind of Rainbow prism orb that is labeled specifically for fusing the bow I got from the SQ5, not sure exactly what it's used for since it didn't even show up on the list of materials when I went to level up the bow. So, I guess I'll find out later.

Going off my drops from my first wins I guess I'll try farming SQ2 for my first LB, than SQ4 for my second LB, and SQ5 to power up her new bow, and see how my luck holds up.

Yeah, 2 and 4 are best for the respective LB tiers. The rainbow material is for evolving the bow to 6*, but unlike the Liu event, there don't seem to be any 5* dupe drops so you'll have to do it with the universal LB items (which is to say, don't).

Anyway, in Ranvauld's story stages, stages 2 and 3 have a stupid mechanic where one island can't be accessed due to the total level of your party/support, which basically means you have to run the stages twice with an even and odd number while being sure someone doesn't level on the way to the trigger island. While gimmicks like this don't bug me in normal games, locking the shit behind stamina systems is dumb since it pretty much mandates outside research to figure out why you can't get to certain things despite otherwise playing the game normally.

Feel like this event is a tad overtuned on the 15000 might and up stages. Either that or the bonus characters are just innately weaker than others I'd been using despite a few gear differences. But yeah, have had to blow cures from Lenneth's sword, 2 from the bow I have on Jeanne, and a support I've picked with cure on, too. Weakest is Sennah at 31, with everyone else 38+ and my Lenneth mid-50s.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I tried the new event, 15k wasn't that bad, I think it was more the fact that the boss hit's 3x each turn. But was easy to heal through. The 20k boss wooped my ass, I burned 200 gems reviving through it. I don't think I'm gonna bother even trying the 25k right now. I saw the notice that popped up this morning, apparently this event goes all the way to 35k might, lol.

Yeah, I didn't even try the 25k, either.

Main problem was the poison and if it stuck to multiple people, your HP would plummet fast. Of course, people not hitting Lenneth was a factor, but it's not like I'm sitting on level 30+ T4 orbs for anyone else atm. Not sure I'm a fan of debuffs being this potent when our skill selection is so limited by the system (or worse if you don't have a weapon with the removal effect). Hopefully things like that aren't the ultimate gimmick to make content hard.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So, quick Q, if I want to unlock Arngrim or the Valkyrie, I have their 6* weapons... I have to sacrificing their 6* to unlock them? Like lose the item?

That kind of system might legit make me put this game down :/.

Edit: apparently the 6* weapons have pretty trash stats and are only useful, really, for transmuting or whatever to unlock the hero. Slightly less salty now.

Not a fan of this grind event. Basically a single-player Granblue guild war in terms of sheer autism required. Didn't play for about 16 hours and dropped 500 ranks, only to not really be climbing back up at all despite using a few hundred energy.