BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Triple Attack Damage     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Triple Attack Damage

I was wondering if anybody knows how this stat works, I haven't been able to find any testing on it. I'm referring to items like Hetairoi Ring and Toutatis's Cape that have Triple Attack Damage +x on them.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also Chiner's Belt +1 seems to have a similar but possibly different stat.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Somebody on FFXIAH said the cape is a straight +20% damage to melee swings that triple attack, but doesn't seem to do anything on WS, tested with assassin's charge.

Link: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36...f/132/#3075940

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thanks. I made a post there, I'm guessing it is still applied to weaponskills but the way it's applied makes it much less significant (similar to SA/TA enhancing gloves)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's a percentage increase in the damage. If Raider's +2 set is taking as a precedent (which it may or may not be), the damage boost only applies to the second and third swings of the triple attack. Now that there's more available gear, perhaps it's testable.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It doesn't seem to be a valid precedent as the testing indicates it did proc on the first strike. My guess would be something like the following.

Original: WSD = floor(( Weapon Base Damage + fSTR + WSC ) × fTP)
    New: WSD = floor(( Weapon Base Damage + fSTR + WSC ) × fTP) + floor((Weapon Base Damage + fSTR) * TAD)

I don't have any data to support this though, just speculation based on what's in that other thread.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

DA damage does proc on the first swing and doesn't affect WS damage, if you prefer that reason.

Also, Kukuk's testing showed only the second and third hit were affected by Raider's set and Ihina's testing showed that WSD was not affected. I don't know why Ihina's Sneak Attack vs. level 0 damage would be affected by Assassin's charge, but I also don't know why he has a 1k damage range against level 0 monsters to begin with.

I bet it is +20% damage on the second and third hit of normal melee rounds.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well I suppose that could be true too (not enough data to rule out the possibility.) I might do some testing later tonight if I can manage to get around to it.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    DA damage does proc on the first swing and doesn't affect WS damage, if you prefer that reason.

Also, Kukuk's testing showed only the second and third hit were affected by Raider's set and Ihina's testing showed that WSD was not affected. I don't know why Ihina's Sneak Attack vs. level 0 damage would be affected by Assassin's charge, but I also don't know why he has a 1k damage range against level 0 monsters to begin with.

I bet it is +20% damage on the second and third hit of normal melee rounds.
    Went around hitting lvl 0 mobs for a bit, highest non crit I got was 494. Immediately after equipping the mantle I got 595. So yeah, it applies to the first hit (and seems to be applied to fSTR as well but I am not 100% sure.)

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

4 sneak attacks with chiner's belt +1/hetaroi ring/toutatis's cape

2982 (Triple Attack)
    3001 (Assassin's Charge)

Seems it also applies to SATA terms as well

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My skinflayer is D125. With 109+146 DEX and all of the triple attack damage stuff, Wasp Sting did

1361 (Assassin's Charge)
    1356 (Assassin's Charge)

With sneak attack

The max predicted is 1368, not sure how much with Sneak Attack. Based on this it doesn't look like it's applied on weaponskill hits in any way (even just to DMG + fSTR), might be good to test another weaponskill to verify.