• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 220 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Ugh, I have a 4k and I'm kinda mad because I miss the extra screen space. I use 2 monitors at work, and I tried hooking up my second 1080p monitor at home and Windows 10 acts super weird with mixed resolution (4k + 1080p) setups. I'm kinda mad that I didn't go for ultra wide.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Ugh, I have a 4k and I'm kinda mad because I miss the extra screen space. I use 2 monitors at work, and I tried hooking up my second 1080p monitor at home and Windows 10 acts super weird with mixed resolution (4k + 1080p) setups. I'm kinda mad that I didn't go for ultra wide.
    What's the issue with the second monitor? I have a similar setup but do not have issues. I'm currently using an AMD gpu. Will be using Nvidia next week.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

My issues usually occer when I'm playing a game like Mass Effect or Street Fighter on my 4k monitor.

I'll try to tab over to Spotify or something, and the game's resolution will change itself to wide screen. I'll have to minimize the game completely, and then reopen it and the resolution fixes itself. I never seen that happen in Win7 and I upgraded maybe 3 weeks ago. Also, if I have a program in full screen mode on my 2nd monitor, and then open a game on my main monitor, windows will just minimize whatever was on my 2nd monitor. Also, sometimes it will pull the full screen program back to my main monitor and leave the window open behind whatever game I just launched. So then I have do double back, minimize the game I just launched, drag the open window back to my 2nd monitor, then reopen my game (now with a weird resolution) and then minimize the game and reopen it at the proper resolution.

I'm not sure what causes this to happen, and I've been too lazy to search for a solution since my gaming time has been limited the past few weeks after I made the jump to Win10.

Sorry, I had to edit my post 45 times to get the wording correct. It's definitely weird though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I had similar happen in Fallout 4 and there was another game but I can't recall it. I think it may be issues with certain games? Or could be a settings issue within W10. Not sure if it matters, but I use DP to mini DP (gpu end, only has mini dp and dvi) for my 4k and HDMI to DVI for my second monitor (TV, which is the HDMI end).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Been toying around with the idea of a new build for myself, as I haven't built myself a machine since the original i7s came out (when it was triple channel ram): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/d2CTRG
    I preordered the vid card on amazon, and already own an evo 850 250gb ssd and a benq monitor already.

Most likely looking to purchase the cpu, mobo, ssd(M.2), hdd, OS from microcenter. PS, RAM from amazon. Unsure of what to do for cooling / case / additional case fans, although I really love the way the corsair 570x looks (would need to get an exhaust fan, and most builds im seeing are using the corsair 110 or nzxt kraken for cooling and exhaust out the top of the case)

Any recommendations? Mobo/cooling were definitely the biggest annoyances for me to pick - as I have astro a40s (need spdif jack) and would like bluetooth for mouse/controllers, etc.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

https://hardwaresfera.com/la-amd-veg...ti-compubench/

Rumor mill running heavy with AMD's Vega beating the 1080 and shadowing the 1080 TI. If true, it's going to come down to price.

After all of the reviews, benchmarks, etc I personally will be moving to Ryzen R5 1600 when I decide to move away from DDR3. A slight loss in single core performance for massive gains everywhere else will be worth it.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

AMD the last few years has pretty consistently fallen well under expectations in terms of raw performance numbers.

While they have maintained a good position in terms of price/performance ratio, I find myself entirely incapable of expecting them to release a legit performance monster.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

What about Ryzen though? 4 core CPU's cheaper than I5's while performing well, 6 cores extremely competitively priced, and 8 cores pretty well handling Intel's offerings regarding work loads. Nothing to be excited for?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless I missed a memo doesn't it still have issues with gaming performance?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Just skimming /r/amd there aren't necessarily issues, just around 10% slower performance in gaming. If strictly gaming and not on a budget then I'd too say go Intel. But if wanting to do more than I'd probably roll Ryzen. I'm going to try my hand at streaming and uploading to youtube. That is why I plan to go Ryzen once I move up.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Just skimming /r/amd there aren't necessarily issues, just around 10% slower performance in gaming. If strictly gaming and not on a budget then I'd too say go Intel. But if wanting to do more than I'd probably roll Ryzen. I'm going to try my hand at streaming and uploading to youtube. That is why I plan to go Ryzen once I move up.
    A lot of people are buying 1080s and 1080ti's for a 1-5% increase in performance, some people are buying 70's and 80's for 1080p. A 10% hit is massive. Amd continues to be a joke unless doing a budget build.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    A lot of people are buying 1080s and 1080ti's for a 1-5% increase in performance, some people are buying 70's and 80's for 1080p. A 10% hit is massive. Amd continues to be a joke unless doing a budget build.
    I do not discredit what you or Krandizzle post, but it's so hard to determine who's bullshitting online (ie: reddit) vs. someone on a dedicated board posting what they have found out. This is why I want to buy a Ryzen CPU for myself. Luckily I have a Micro Center semi near me so the cost isn't terrible and I can always get my money back in (semi)full via resale.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

To compound, I'm currently running an I5-4690K at 4.3 (Corsair H80i GT) with 16GB DDR3 2133 CAS 11 and a EVGA GTX 980 TI Classified. If someone on this board with a Ryzen CPU and similar stats could run some benches against me I think that would be awesome. Then we here could know what's what.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I do not discredit what you or Krandizzle post, but it's so hard to determine who's bullshitting online (ie: reddit) vs. someone on a dedicated board posting what they have found out. This is why I want to buy a Ryzen CPU for myself. Luckily I have a Micro Center semi near me so the cost isn't terrible and I can always get my money back in (semi)full via resale.
    I can not argue against its use for non gaming since realistically that's where you'd want to cut costs anyway, you aren't going after that minor performance increase for a high cost. But this is what's always been expected with them, and I wouldn't trust anything they are saying about competing with the 1080 line until I see it. It will have to have some tradeoff such as heat or something. The 10 series is just incredible and even amds best just seems so unlikely with how good the 10 series turned out.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Yeah if heat is like the 290/390 offerings they can forget it. Unless converting their cards to AIO via Kraken G10 then it's Nvidia all the way. I've used a RX 480 4GB and while at it's price it's much better than a 1060 3GB, they gotta do better for their high end offerings.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

AMD Stock down like 20% today.

EDIT:

The last 2 days.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wasn't it up though, like 322% or something, since Ryzen was released?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanna View Post
    Wasn't it up though, like 322% or something, since Ryzen was released?
    No. They gained a bit but have lost more than that (25% overall) since.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

They're releasing new i7s soon right? Think the 7700k will go down more when they're released? Had to out my build on hold after spending $1000 on new tires, so I may wait to see what happens if they are releasing a new one soon.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

x299 is supposed to see the "show" at the end of may with general availability at the end of june if my memory of the rumor mill is accurate.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag