Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Check the settings in the nvidia app. Unless something is getting way out of sync you shouldn't get any tearing..

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juben Sudorana
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Slacking on my part, Azull. I forgot I need to go in and change settings within FFXIV. Not sure why I thought it did it automatically. After a lil messing around it works only time I think I get a screen tear which it is so quick on MSQ when the group is getting hit by the enemy Airship and screen jumps up and down while Cid is running. It is like a quick second so it may just be my eyes.

Got the pg27uq and loving it and a dell D2715Q thinking of getting the PG35VQ get rid of the 2715q for more real estate even then think it is over kill to keep both plus love the 4k goodness with pg27uq. Curious if the 2080 TI can handle both the rog monitors won't be gaming on both at the same time

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Does BG have a mechanical keyboard thread? I recently got into the hobby and it's kind of amazing lol

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Does BG have a mechanical keyboard thread? I recently got into the hobby and it's kind of amazing lol
    Ask welt, he was swearing by one that had like 8 keys and cost $400

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Stick to r/mk my friend! Rip your wallet.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Mechanicalkeyboards.com is based out of Nashville and we go all the time. They have tons of good deals in their storefront that aren't available on their website.

This is the one I'm using ATM:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop..._detail&p=4097

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Mechanicalkeyboards.com is based out of Nashville and we go all the time. They have tons of good deals in their storefront that aren't available on their website.

This is the one I'm using ATM:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop..._detail&p=4097
    Hey topre is my next buy I just gotta get over no numpad.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone have a link to a good website that does decent write ups on new hardware coming out. By new hardware I mean more like new technologies, not so much why x motherboard is better than y motherboard.

Something that would have had a write up on when NVME drives came out, their architecture, or Annapurna networking cards, etc.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Going from cherry > Topre is the same leap as going from your average keys > cherry. Just expensive to do so.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Going from cherry > Topre is the same leap as going from your average keys > cherry. Just expensive to do so.
    Yeah I'm on reds with orings on a filco full size majestouch ninja.

I don't know whether to go regular or silent.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I've had PC problems for a while, the specifics don't really matter because at this point I may as well buy/build a new one.
    Whether that actually happens or not, depends on how the next few months pan out. I may not be in position where the purchase is a responsible thing to do.

But that doesn't stop me from putting together a parts list!
    I need advice on 2 things.
    1) The current computer would get moved to living room media center duty, as such it would need a Blu-Ray drive shoved into it. What's good, reliable, and low priced?

2) I'd need to get a new case, and unfortunately the market has moved away from my preferences, so I need help picking one.
    Currently, I'm running a Corsair 200R. I have 2 complaints with it.

a)The top grate is ginormous and really just serves to let dust to settle all over the interior of the case. A top fan is okay, but a case that's known to keep dust out is a plus.
    b)The side grates that the front fan pulls air in from are basically impossible to dust and clean. Easier accesses in this area is a plus.

Other factors
    Needs a front drive bay because I still run a CD/DVD drive.
    Transparent side window: no thanks
    Glowy neon lights and fans: fuck no

As for the significant parts that would go into the case and could effect things:
    Mobo: MSI X570-A PRO
    Heatsink: Hyper 212 Black
    GPU: Not locked down, probably a 5600XT, depends on what AMD announces later in the year.
    PSU: Also not locked down, but I favor modular models, probably in 650W, probably Corsair.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I haven't been here in a minute or two. But way back I was gonna buy a PC, ended up not doing that or building one at the time. Fast forward to the present and I've built my first PC! My cable management isn't the greatest, but I'll fix that once I get around to buying some of those nice sleeves.

This is what I built: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6xLPq3
    Wasn't thrilled with the case when I started building. Unless I'm missing something, I can't remove the PSU sleeve which would have made some things a bit easier to do. The PCI ports have these metal things that you have to break off that I didn't realize you had to break off until I was almost done building it. Managed to get them out without scratching up the motherboard at least.

Other than that, loving it. I'll probably replace the fans with something better depending on the temps I see it hit. Ran the FFXIV benchmark before I realized you had to change your RAM speed to actually get 3600mhz and got a score of like 14,800. After fixing it I hit 17,600 so that was neat.

Spoiler: show

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Been out of the loop for like a decade on PCs, so looking for some suggestions for a gaming build.

Budget is $3k. Gaming and video editing will be the two primary uses.

Obviously I'd love to be able to max out games, but not sure that's possible with that budget from what I'm seeing so far.

Building shouldn't be a problem as I have lots of experience prior.

Halp.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you're not in a huge rush to get it done, try waiting a few months. New AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs should be out before the end of the year, which would obviously have a ripple effect in both top end hardware and prices on previous gen stuff.

You could totally max stuff out if you're playing at 1080/1440p with that budget tho

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the only way you can't build a perfect machine at $3k is if you somehow INSIST on getting an Nvidia Titan RTX at the bonkers $2,500.

The next step down is the Nvidia 2080 TI at $1,200, or Radeon VII at $700.
    On the CPU side, the i9-10900K is $500, and AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT at $750.

(There's also AMD's threadripper CPUs, but you're paying $1k+ for only a few percent increase. Also it uses a special socket not compatible with other CPUs, so you'd be locked in.)

EDIT: Here's where best to start looking at parts and prices https://www.logicalincrements.com/

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So once the new GPU/CPUs are out would it be a good time to upgrade? Currently I have a MSI GetForce GTX 1070 for my GPU and a i5-6600 Intel Core i5 for my CPU.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Still need to see what benchmarks look like, but probably.

Early rumors have the Nvidia 3k line only being roughly a 20-30% performance bump over the comparable 2k models in basic performance, but with vastly improved ray tracing capabilities. Getting access to DLSS is going to be the major gain for people on older hardware though.

For AMD's Zen 3, don't think people entirely know what to expect yet, but it's still gonna be on 7nm so not an overly substantial gain over their current line.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Once the new GPUs come out it will be DDR5 that people are telling you to wait for lol.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Yeah, the only way you can't build a perfect machine at $3k is if you somehow INSIST on getting an Nvidia Titan RTX at the bonkers $2,500.

The next step down is the Nvidia 2080 TI at $1,200, or Radeon VII at $700.
    On the CPU side, the i9-10900K is $500, and AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT at $750.

(There's also AMD's threadripper CPUs, but you're paying $1k+ for only a few percent increase. Also it uses a special socket not compatible with other CPUs, so you'd be locked in.)

EDIT: Here's where best to start looking at parts and prices https://www.logicalincrements.com/
    Super helpful, ty!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Still need to see what benchmarks look like, but probably.

Early rumors have the Nvidia 3k line only being roughly a 20-30% performance bump over the comparable 2k models in basic performance, but with vastly improved ray tracing capabilities. Getting access to DLSS is going to be the major gain for people on older hardware though.

For AMD's Zen 3, don't think people entirely know what to expect yet, but it's still gonna be on 7nm so not an overly substantial gain over their current line.
    Thanks. So when some of the current top of the lines go down in price after release any suggestions on what to look for as an upgrade for a GPU/CPU?

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag