• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 219 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

We don't do maybe here sir. Getterdone!!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    We don't do maybe here sir. Getterdone!!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    I really do hope the card isn't cooked from the previous cooler leaking but we'll see. It's killing me not to be able to play anything at good settings right now. I've just been playing Bloodborne, which is fun, but I've already beaten it and all but 1 boss in the DLC and my pc backlog is huge currently.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have arrived.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I have arrived.
    NO SIR.

The correct phrase is

"I have returned."

http://foe.blogia.com/upload/20071212033319-dragoon.jpg

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

and now it begins.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That's on dual monitors.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh shit the Precision readouts weren't there.

40C 60-70FPS Ultra-High settings.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

1080p I'm assuming? If so, you'll be set for most games unless they are poorly optimized. Looks sharp!

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah. 1080p. It's a really big difference. I was ~40-50FPS on Med/Low settings before swapping.

I am not gonna play ME:A til this weekend and I'm trying to decide on what to play now.

Fallout 4?
    Witcher 3?
    DayZ?

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fallout 4 is pretty fucking epic.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Witcher 3.

Note tho that even with your shiny new GPU you'll prolly wanna turn off Hairworks, that shit can still drop me under 60 on a 1070.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Fuck it, bought ME:A

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I bought both Crysis 3 and Just Cause 3 back when I got my 1070. Never turned back! I'm still looking for those high end graphical games that won't break the bank.

Back on topic though, what's the next buy for you Zet or anyone else lurking about?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

SO THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN MISSING

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHAT AN IDIOT I AM

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

P C M A S T E R R A C E

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a release date for the custom PCB 1080 Ti's yet?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I've seen "around easter" bandied around, but no idea if that's gossip or factual.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Back on topic though, what's the next buy for you Zet or anyone else lurking about?
    Lurking!

I've been basically using re-furb and upgrading my PC since 2009. I thought it might be time to get a fully new build in the next couple months. I think the fact that I'm not necessarily looking to buy immediately might change things a bit and I don't know enough about this shit anymore.

I'm basically looking to get my computer pre-built. I've built my own PCs since XI's release, but I always get frustrated because something goes wrong and maybe it starts doing funny shit a year or so down the line. I just don't want to deal with it anymore unless it's going to save me a huge amount of money.

Right now I'm looking at three different configurations from Cyperpower. They're basically identical other than the MoBo and CPU; actually I just realized the 7700k has standard RAM rather than HyperX or Ripjaws which would add $50 or so. I'm looking to use it for gaming (duh), but also possibly streaming in the future. I'm not planning on trying to make a living by streaming, but thought it could be a fun option should I choose to do so. The three different configurations are:

1) Ryzen 7 1800x with EVGA GTX 1070 Superclock - $1835
    2) i7-6800k with EVGA GTX 1070 Superclock - $2089
    3) i7-7700k with EVGA GTX 1070 Superclock - $1666 ($1720 or so with HyperX or Ripjaws)

I know for strictly gaming, the 7700k is the way to go. You're not going to be using all the cores if you're strictly gaming, which means I could save $200 on the 7700k rig. My questions would be if the 7700k is sufficient for gaming and streaming from a single PC. I've read mixed reviews about if the 7700k is better than having the extra cores from the 1800X or 6800k. Some people say you're not going to notice the difference, others say that they run everything on a single PC and they will get dropped frames while streaming with the 7700k.

My other question would be if it's worth going into the Ryzen 7 CPUs at this point, or if the hype around them is off-base and they need to be reworked over the next few months to really start to shine.

Finally, I also have the option to use my current PC as a second streaming PC I'm sure. The requirements for a separate streaming PC are not that high since you won't be dedicating any resources to the game and everything will go to capture and encoding. My current PC is the one I got from Ark a little over a year ago.

Core i7 2600K (Sandy Bridge) CPU with stock heatsink, never overclocked
    Gigabyte H77N-WIFI mini-ITX motherboard
    16GB (8GB x 2) Corsair PC-10700 DDR3 memory, P/N CMX16GX3M2A1333C9
    Sapphire R9 380 - I think?

Which I would assume would be able to more than handle some encoding and streaming should I choose to do that down the line. I just don't have room for multiple PCs at this time, so it'd probably sit on the sidelines for a bit. Wife and I have been looking to buy a house, but every house we put an offer in on has either had multiple offers or goes to auction instead of accepting an offer. That's a subject for another thread, but it's really frustrating to offer asking or above asking and then the listing agent comes back with "the bank is putting it to auction, you can make an offer on there." Anyway, streaming in general probably wouldn't happen until after we move. Using a second PC would require a $200 or so capture card, but the capture card could also be used for console streaming so there's that.

Or if you guys have some completely different suggestions I'm open to that as well. I'm going to need to get at least 1 new monitor. My wife was trying to change the color on my monitor and changed the display input from HDMI to DVI and now the button is broken or some shit as well. Not the biggest loss, got it in 2009.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You said you don't want to build your PC unless it's gonna save you a ton of money. Is saving at least $500 enough to justify building it yourself?

I spent $1300 on a Ryzen build, the cpu, 1070, and nvme ssd were the most expensive parts and I still came in way under that prebuild rig.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Lurking!

I've been basically using re-furb and upgrading my PC since 2009. I thought it might be time to get a fully new build in the next couple months. I think the fact that I'm not necessarily looking to buy immediately might change things a bit and I don't know enough about this shit anymore.

I'm basically looking to get my computer pre-built. I've built my own PCs since XI's release, but I always get frustrated because something goes wrong and maybe it starts doing funny shit a year or so down the line. I just don't want to deal with it anymore unless it's going to save me a huge amount of money.

Right now I'm looking at three different configurations from Cyperpower. They're basically identical other than the MoBo and CPU; actually I just realized the 7700k has standard RAM rather than HyperX or Ripjaws which would add $50 or so. I'm looking to use it for gaming (duh), but also possibly streaming in the future. I'm not planning on trying to make a living by streaming, but thought it could be a fun option should I choose to do so. The three different configurations are:

1) Ryzen 7 1800x with EVGA GTX 1070 Superclock - $1835
    2) i7-6800k with EVGA GTX 1070 Superclock - $2089
    3) i7-7700k with EVGA GTX 1070 Superclock - $1666 ($1720 or so with HyperX or Ripjaws)

I know for strictly gaming, the 7700k is the way to go. You're not going to be using all the cores if you're strictly gaming, which means I could save $200 on the 7700k rig. My questions would be if the 7700k is sufficient for gaming and streaming from a single PC. I've read mixed reviews about if the 7700k is better than having the extra cores from the 1800X or 6800k. Some people say you're not going to notice the difference, others say that they run everything on a single PC and they will get dropped frames while streaming with the 7700k.

My other question would be if it's worth going into the Ryzen 7 CPUs at this point, or if the hype around them is off-base and they need to be reworked over the next few months to really start to shine.

Finally, I also have the option to use my current PC as a second streaming PC I'm sure. The requirements for a separate streaming PC are not that high since you won't be dedicating any resources to the game and everything will go to capture and encoding. My current PC is the one I got from Ark a little over a year ago.

Core i7 2600K (Sandy Bridge) CPU with stock heatsink, never overclocked
    Gigabyte H77N-WIFI mini-ITX motherboard
    16GB (8GB x 2) Corsair PC-10700 DDR3 memory, P/N CMX16GX3M2A1333C9
    Sapphire R9 380 - I think?

Which I would assume would be able to more than handle some encoding and streaming should I choose to do that down the line. I just don't have room for multiple PCs at this time, so it'd probably sit on the sidelines for a bit. Wife and I have been looking to buy a house, but every house we put an offer in on has either had multiple offers or goes to auction instead of accepting an offer. That's a subject for another thread, but it's really frustrating to offer asking or above asking and then the listing agent comes back with "the bank is putting it to auction, you can make an offer on there." Anyway, streaming in general probably wouldn't happen until after we move. Using a second PC would require a $200 or so capture card, but the capture card could also be used for console streaming so there's that.

Or if you guys have some completely different suggestions I'm open to that as well. I'm going to need to get at least 1 new monitor. My wife was trying to change the color on my monitor and changed the display input from HDMI to DVI and now the button is broken or some shit as well. Not the biggest loss, got it in 2009.
    That last build is a pretty good deal unless I'm missing something.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag