Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...0p_LED_Monitor

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...22_LED_Monitor

http://www.microcenter.com/search/se...=&Ntx=&Ntk=all

All these are VESA mountable and 21-24 inches. I can get to that microcenter in about 20 minutes from my crib so I can run out there and grab shit.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I'm going to go sit outside that store after work and ask everyone if they're Zetanio.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You won't see me. I'm like a ghost.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Shit.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just look for someone who looks like Zets avatar. Checkmate.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Help me out here folks.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wear a black cap and t-shirt, he'll never spot you.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wearing hats is for nerds.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I thought it was decided? If you're looking to just do Excel and Bloombergs software, just get one of the ones you posted. I have two Dell monitors for my work PC and have had zero issues with them. They're old E2011H.

For gaming, no crazy refresh rate, $400 is a lot to work with.
    This Dell is only 60hz refresh rate, but it's 24" and only 120
    This one from AOC is a 25" IPS 60Hz refresh rate and is 1440 fr 279
    This one's from Acer 24" with 144Hz refresh rate for 199
    If you want to use up all that extra budget, this is an Acer Predator 24" with 144Hz and G-Sync for your Nvidia card at $400

Out of those, I think the Acer 24" for 199 is probably the best deal. I got an ASUS one that's similar on sale for $205; usually goes for $280. Seems like $200 is a good deal, but I don;t know much about monitors.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

my parents finally have my old bedroom mostly emptied out, so GF and I are looking to start building up our game room. i'll be building her a PC to match mine, so I already have a list of all the components (which will be a lot cheaper this time around) I want. at this point the things we want are mostly cosmetic: case, keyboard, mouse, etc. my keyboard is getting up there in years and I wouldn't mind an upgrade, so my question is...

what is a quality full-sized keyboard with backlighting and programmable LEDs that comes in both black and white, in the range of ~$100 (but maybe over if quality is superb)? Likewise, quality mouse with programmable buttons which comes in black or white, similar budget. Comparable to the g400, perhaps. Been pretty pleased with my g400, but might not work with the aesthetic we want. Emphasis should be on quality, with budget being a secondary concern. I'm willing to pay a reasonable premium for something that will work well for 5+ years. If I have to replace it every year or two, I'm not saving any money.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    my parents finally have my old bedroom mostly emptied out, so GF and I are looking to start building up our game room. i'll be building her a PC to match mine, so I already have a list of all the components (which will be a lot cheaper this time around) I want. at this point the things we want are mostly cosmetic: case, keyboard, mouse, etc. my keyboard is getting up there in years and I wouldn't mind an upgrade, so my question is...

what is a quality full-sized keyboard with backlighting and programmable LEDs that comes in both black and white, in the range of ~$100 (but maybe over if quality is superb)? Likewise, quality mouse with programmable buttons which comes in black or white, similar budget. Comparable to the g400, perhaps. Been pretty pleased with my g400, but might not work with the aesthetic we want. Emphasis should be on quality, with budget being a secondary concern. I'm willing to pay a reasonable premium for something that will work well for 5+ years. If I have to replace it every year or two, I'm not saving any money.
    I absolutely love my G.Skill Ripjaw 780KM with Cherry MX Reds. I just have the red LED so I can't speak to the software quality of setting RBG lighting. I also recently bought a budget mechanical made by Bestek for $18 with blacks (unsure of which type). I bought it for work and really liked it but I needed the 10 key so I ended up buying Velocifire VM01 104 Key with Outemu Browns for $30 when it was on sale. I really enjoy it for what it is and the cost. Much better than membrane.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post

The chinese mech boards are good. They use proper mech keys, massively cheaper than overpriced "gaming" edition western mech boards.
    I have a filco mech board from pre- the cherry patent on mech keys expiring and my chinese magicforce 65% board is the same quality as my expensive filco.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Wearing hats is for nerds.
    You watch your mouth!

If you can be patient for them to come back into stock, Monoprice has open box Acer 21.5" LED 1080p for $50 each.

Acer 21.5" IPS 1080P $100 each shipped.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Pretty much gonna go ryzen , just trying to decide between 1600 vs 1700. 50% price difference for 33% more cores.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Pretty much gonna go ryzen , just trying to decide between 1600 vs 1700. 50% price difference for 33% more cores.
    What size/brand board you looking at? I'm still undecided, but I'm going mATX. I need mb, ram, and gpu and then I'm set. Maybe some new fans too.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm keeping my current case ( nzxt h440 ) and most components - going mobo+ram+cpu ( 1600 and 1700 both include a cooler ).

Mobo:
    GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming - it has 8 usb ports on the back, vs the 6 on a lot of others. Plus it has agesa 1.0.0.6 already

Ram: G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX 16 GB

CL14 + 3200mhz. A bit pricier but most of the other stuff is CL16. I guess this is overpaying a bit but should be good for next gen as well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    I'm keeping my current case ( nzxt h440 ) and most components - going mobo+ram+cpu ( 1600 and 1700 both include a cooler ).

Mobo:
    GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3 - it has 8 usb ports on the back, vs the 6 on a lot of others. Plus it has agesa 1.0.0.6 already

Ram: G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX 16 GB

CL14 + 3200mhz. A bit pricier but most of the other stuff is CL16. I guess this is overpaying a bit but should be good for next gen as well.
    I was looking at the Gigabyte Gaming 3 mATX. One less fan header, no rear optical audio port, but two more SATA ports and the rear USB drives. The MSI B350M Mortar Arctic has two less SATA ports but onboard optical audio port, four fan headers, and I really like the USB 3.0 header layout. Ram I haven't even really looked at since I'm unsure of what MB I'm going to get.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm gonna grab two of the cheap AOC's.

Gonna blow the rest of the budget on a good gaming screen. Anything ~400 bucks for a decent 2K 27"?

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag