+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 219 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 ... LastLast
    Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    Not set on any praticular Mfg.

I see this RX580 8GB for 180$ (200$ savings)

https://www.amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-13...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

good deal?
    980TI B-stock is $150 right now for EVGA Midweek

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you are still looking, the GTX 970 is $99 for EVGA midweek right now or the 1060 for $120 (if you have a FreeSync monitor and need a 1000-line for FreeSync support)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Any recommendations on a decently priced ($400-600) 1440p g-sync (or g-sync compatible) display? Found a few decent ones with some that include HDR8/10 but want to make sure I'm getting a good panel.

Top end of my budget, trying to avoid dropping this much but it's an amazing looking display

Similar story

More comfortable price point

As above

Cheapest I found, but ugly

The Curved and ultra wide ones are on the top of my list rn, but if anyone knows a better unit to pick up lmk.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That Dell is well liked if you are fine with TN panels vs. IPS. It goes on sale for cheaper than that (349 frequently, 329 less often) if you can be patient.

The 24" supposedly has less colorbanding issues than the 27" but it's revision dependent. Ordering from Dell ensures a later revision.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Was mostly down to that or the Samsung. The Dell doesn't have HDR right?

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Fuck G-Sync first and foremost. I'll be honest I didn't look at any links but if it isn't VA or IPS I wouldn't bother.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With Nvidia finally supporting freesync you don't need to bother with a specifically G-Sync display anymore

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    With Nvidia finally supporting freesync you don't need to bother with a specifically G-Sync display anymore
    Unless you have a 980Ti instead of a 1070 like me q.q

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Any recommendations on a decently priced ($400-600) 1440p g-sync (or g-sync compatible) display? Found a few decent ones with some that include HDR8/10 but want to make sure I'm getting a good panel.

Top end of my budget, trying to avoid dropping this much but it's an amazing looking display

Similar story

More comfortable price point

As above

Cheapest I found, but ugly

The Curved and ultra wide ones are on the top of my list rn, but if anyone knows a better unit to pick up lmk.
    I got an x34, fantastic monitor you'll be very happy with. Unless you stream.

Swift's are the best below ultrawide.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah I decided to spring for the x34. Just going to wait for black Friday to see if there's any deals then pull the trigger.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Dell just went on sale for $330 plus a 150 GC

https://old.reddit.com/r/buildapcsal..._332_plus_150/

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hi friends.

Thinking about speccing out a new PC this year. The current one I have is going on about 6 years old. The current one is a nice balance between having been strong enough to handle most games I throw at it at decent settings (I don't play FPS/Battlefield type games, so that's no biggie) and handling the things I do for work (anything from simple word processing to working with Adobe products when necessary and VERY light web dev stuff).

To record, relevant specs of the current one:

i5 4670K
    GTX 760
    8GB of RAM
    256 GB SSD (back when those were pricier)

I'm trying to keep the new one within a budget of 1500 (though I could go up to 2k, given how I might need to update some peripherals). Things I'm looking at:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    Video Card: RTX 2080 8 GB
    RAM: Probably Corsair brand? Gonna do 16 GB
    SSD: Samsung EVO; the newer laptop has that one in it.
    PSU: Probably a Corsair one; current one has it and thing's never failed.

Things I need extra help with
    -Case; the one I have now is ok and has mutliple fans, though one of 'ems out / makes an annoying noise periodically.
    -Motherboard -- this one I always get stuck on, but the current one has a Gigabyte one. ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus is one I've looked at.

Things I should probably update but am in no real rush for
    -Speakers (I'm using some very, very old ones, but they work.
    -Monitor (one for a dual monitor display, maybe. . though again, I don't really use it now)

Any help, as always, is appreciated! I'm thinking about holding out for Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales, but if that's not worth it and I should just go on ahead, please let me know.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For your use cases, I'd probably go with a 2070 Super, and use the money saved on a faster gen3 Ryzen. But that's just me. If you don't have a high refresh rate monitor, you should consider getting one, they rock (and not just for FPS games).

Old Merits
    BG Level

Got my new rig set up this weekend and it's running perfectly.

However, I do not have a GPU yet. I'm using an Asus Prime Z390-A, only consider Asus NVidia GPU's an option and would likely go for a 2070-whatever, something in the 500 - 600 EUR range. However, I recall reading somewhere here that someone was about to release/has released energy-efficient chipsets? Would like to keep electricity bills reasonably low. If not, any other recommendations that would likely last four to five years? Current display only supports Full HD (16:10), but I'd like to at least keep the possibility of upgrading to Ultra etc. open, even though I'll probably have to switch to 16:9.

Also, generally speaking, did GeForce jump from 1000 to 1600 and then to 2000? Last time I looked into GPU's was five years ago, this pattern is confusing me.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Petitssk View Post
    Got my new rig set up this weekend and it's running perfectly.

However, I do not have a GPU yet. I'm using an Asus Prime Z390-A, only consider Asus NVidia GPU's an option and would likely go for a 2070-whatever, something in the 500 - 600 EUR range. However, I recall reading somewhere here that someone was about to release/has released energy-efficient chipsets? Would like to keep electricity bills reasonably low. If not, any other recommendations that would likely last four to five years? Current display only supports Full HD (16:10), but I'd like to at least keep the possibility of upgrading to Ultra etc. open, even though I'll probably have to switch to 16:9.

Also, generally speaking, did GeForce jump from 1000 to 1600 and then to 2000? Last time I looked into GPU's was five years ago, this pattern is confusing me.
    Yeah so the 2000 line is the top of the mark with Ray tracing. The 1600 are new but without Ray tracing.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Still looking for case advice. I am leaning toward Lian Li O11D XL Rog. Anyone built with this or have opinions on it?

http://www.lian-li.com/pc-o11d-rog/

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Yeah so the 2000 line is the top of the mark with Ray tracing. The 1600 are new but without Ray tracing.

Alright, thank you! Eventually opted for an Asus GTX 2070S Advanced, was cheaper than the regular one for some reason. Should arrive by Friday, all that's left will be upgrading my display, but I'll probably postpone that until the end of the month.

Rule of thumb appears to be that displays either have great specs or do not look like crap, but rarely both; I doubt I'd even consider using half of the ones that have gaming anywhere in their description.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

I currently run two 24 IPS monitors for my gaming rig, but was thinking of desk space consolidation and going with one 32 incher. Anyone go from two to 1 monitor and feel like they can give me a pro and con?

I run FFXI 24.7, so the idea of something else open with FFXI is big, will I lose that with just one monitor? Will a 32 be big enough to just have them side by side?

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I run a 32" and often wish I still ran dual monitors while FFXI is running. I do miss that, and will work back toward getting a 2nd monitor because of it.

Playing other games on a 165hz 32" is absolutely amazing, though. Would never go back.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

My wife has access to a modified silent auction of tester products through her work. One of those items is an HP Omen 880-157c. It retails for $900, minimum offer is $360, can buy it outright for $585, but I can't see what other people offer. Was wondering what you guys thought about it.

i7-8700, 3.2 GHz, 6 cores
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti
    16 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
    256 GB SSD
    1 TB HDD (7200 RPM)
    500W PSU
    Standard OMEN case
    Windows 10 Home

I actually have a modular EVGA 650W (I think) PSU NIB and a closed system liquid cooler NIB (Hydro 100i maybe?) that I had bought a long while ago with the plan to buy parts over a long period of time and piece a PC together, but scrapped it when I sold my 1070 FTW at the height of the video card hikes. I'd have to dig them out of my closet to confirm.

Think it's worth it? My inclination is to go for it, maybe offer a little less than buy out, and replace the video card if I feel the need.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag