FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Grats! We have almost the same system now I think lol
    Roughly, i kinda wish my case (NZXT H700) had a different front like a mesh front and mesh top or a modded version of it to provide more airflow. It’s a great case either way. Just have a 5800X and 3080, so happy with it. And CL14 ram

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lol. SAM was marketed as this big AMD GPU feature, but when the motherboard manufacturers started working on it, it has no locks or anything in place. So it'll be launching with support for nvidia cards as well. Already confirmed working on almost every ryzen chip that exists as well as rtx 30 series nvidia cards. Time to leverage that 24gb of ram in my 3090

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Will this be happening via a firmware/bios update to access the SAM? Or is it hardware related? I just had a bios update on my mobo earlier this week which i applied.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It will be part of a future BIOS for your motherboard. Each manufacturer will release at a different time because they each have to implement it separately.

I am VERY curious to see the results of SAM with 30 series cards. The GDDR6X that nvidia used has much more potential than the regular stuff that AMD opted for. This may also make pcie 4.0 relevant. Also potentially makes my 3090 purchase less of an opulent hail Mary and more of an actual performance gain depending on the game.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It will be part of a future BIOS for your motherboard. Each manufacturer will release at a different time because they each have to implement it separately.

I am VERY curious to see the results of SAM with 30 series cards. The GDDR6X that nvidia used has much more potential than the regular stuff that AMD opted for. This may also make pcie 4.0 relevant. Also potentially makes my 3090 purchase less of an opulent hail Mary and more of an actual performance gain depending on the game.
    Hearing this is making me a lot more excited that i have a 5800X cpu and 3080.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

marginally relevant but i'm thinking of grabbing a labtop for schooling as i'll be travelling more often in the near future. spruced up Chromebooks the best get for the price? don't require any gaming performance but maybe light retro, basically need something with web access, word documents, and a decent keyboard.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Would Chromebooks have compatible emulators?

My last upgrade or 2 tbh would be a slightly upgraded psu as i’m running a 7 year old 750W psu, thinking of going to another 750W or 850W to run cleaner power if possible, small thing, and a pci-e gen4 nvme and reinstall windows once again. Would that be just greedy at this point? I am running a 1tb nvme pci-e gen3

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Chromebook would be fine. for school but practically useless for emulation. You could preorder one of these to get both but it will take (in my experience) a couple months to get to you. Love mine tho. Great for turning your phone into basically a tablet and can be used as a 2nd monitor for other laptops. You can also look into this. Handles a lot of emulation well and since it's windows you know it has everything you need for school.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    Would Chromebooks have compatible emulators?

My last upgrade or 2 tbh would be a slightly upgraded psu as i’m running a 7 year old 750W psu, thinking of going to another 750W or 850W to run cleaner power if possible, small thing, and a pci-e gen4 nvme and reinstall windows once again. Would that be just greedy at this point? I am running a 1tb nvme pci-e gen3

In terms of the psu, I grabbed a be quiet dark power pro 850w and can easily recommend it. THey're sending me a free 12pin cable to clean up that stupid adapter too.

BG Level

dang NexDock is kinda dope looking and my S20 Ultra does smoke any imaginable laptop around that price point. will dive into it further good looking out Proth.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My heart skipped a beat when i went to check my order status and it wasn’t showing anymore under “preparing” in the newegg app but it got moved to “Shipped” lol

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There’s a newegg restock alert in the discord for those still looking to nab a CPU.

All Zen3s are going back in stock at 8PM EST (10 min from this post). Good luck!

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

And it’s down for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still can't buy any.

got the 5800x drop on best buy just now!

only missing the 3080 now...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Congrats on the 5800x. I've found it to be a pretty tempermental chip but I'm attributing most of it to immature BIOS.

BG Level

at this point i may just say fuck it to the 3080 and grab the 3080ti in (presumably) February. doubled vram is tempting.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I said fuck it to the 3080 awhile go since 3090 restocks daily, but I still can't get one lmao. To be fair, there are a few brands I won't purchase from, so that eliminates me from a lot of these drops.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The journey is over, installed my 5800X last night, no issues at all, immediately ran DOCP on the ram, got the 3600 CL14 with ease, put some MX-4 thermal compound for it since it’s what i have at the time. I couldn’t be happier, keeping the cpu stock for now, don’t plan on OCing it since it has a really good boost clock. I want to keep the rgb to a minimum, but it keeps creeping up on me, i don’t know if i should just switch out the fans now for extra rgb oomph.

Last upgrade will be a pci-e gen4 nvme, maybe switch out the 1TB hdd i have in there for a sata ssd.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Upgrading to a 5900X (mostly cause my 5800X seems to be badly binned), seizing the moment I guess.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Upgrading to a 5900X (mostly cause my 5800X seems to be badly binned), seizing the moment I guess.
    How can you tell on bad bins?

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag