All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Looking for a 2k monitor in the 250-350 range. What are my best bets

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Best Buy has a really good deal for the next 12 or so hours on this 32" Samsung

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...?skuId=6532282

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

appreciated

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone know a wireless keyboard/mouse or extender that will go like 50 feet through walls?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Anyone got any recommendations for a laptop or some variant of a steam deck. Nothing fancy, 1080p 30-60fps is fine, just something I can take w/ me for when I'm working out of state. Fine with playing games in lower to mid settings, and if I stream on twitch at all (depends on how good the net is at the hotels/air b n b's), would probably just broadcast in 720p 30fps

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

It's not exactly what you asked but I started traveling with a Surface tablet and using Parsec to stream games from my home PC. The tradeoff in size & weight generally made it worthwhile.

Depending on what you want for size and price, there are some decently cheap Lenovo laptops with lower-end nvidia graphics. If price is no problem the Razer 14 is one I might look at as well. Far as I know the ROG Zephyrus line is generally considered to be quite good value.

Edit: my actual laptop is a Legion 5, same use case of occasional travel / low end gaming / inexpensive. No complaints.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

hmm how do you set that up with the PC? as I wouldn't actually be able to control my PC anyway from out of state and was looking at just anything under a grand; there are laptops that are better than my desktop at the 2+ grand range, but don't need to go that hard; just want something servicable (I'm gaming at home now with a 1080 not even the TI version; but i just got myself a 4070 that'll be here on Thursday; but the 1080 is what i've been running for the last 3 years now so yeah my bar isn't set that high

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

So with parsec that assumes you have an internet connection at both ends, but even hotel wifi or a hotspot works surprisingly well. Obviously it's not as good as native but like I said I like running things off my home PC while saving significant size and weight has worked well for me. Parsec basically runs on both machines, you are logged in as yourself in both, and they'll let you connect to each other much like any other remote control software but with a focus on low latency and controller support.

This might be something to jump on: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-...?skuId=6534469

I haven't researched laptops seriously in close to two years so I can't say with absolute authority it's a must-buy, but at $900 it may just be a contender for what you are wanting.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

oh the game pass is a nice kicker considering my next trip would literally be a month

and yeah i can't rely on the internet here if the power goes off once i'm screwed for a month till i return home (I don't trust anyone with my pc password lmao ppl could ruin me all my passwords, my financials, everything is on here)

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Knowing a budget would help but here are some ones I found in the $700 - 1000 range when I was looking two months ago

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen...D=0&mpid=10451

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-Le...9383&sharedid=

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-tu...?skuId=6535503

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

You actually hit my budget range on the head; i just don't know the mobile cards like i do the non mobiles. With that little of a difference should i just yolo on a 4070 mobile?

Just wasn't looking to spend x amount for something better than my desktop when i coulda just built a new desktop and got a budget laptop

but yeah up to 1k is my range, i can go higher if it's just so much absolutely worth it, but prefer not to; but honestly in this line of work, i'm only working 2 weeks out of the month, and still making triple what I did in fast food so; the thing will pay for itself

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag