• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 219 FirstFirst ... 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fwiw anyone thinking about getting a 12th gen Intel, this is the so far confirmed list of games that will not work on it because the DRM doesn't function on the new architecture.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...rocessors.html

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I love how Anthem is on there

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is less a PC build question and more a PC station question..

Anyone have suggestions for a good PC desk? Current one has a width of 40 and a depth of 23; keyboard tray, nice little built in drawer/storage compartment. Has space below where I can sit a tower, though the current one's so huge it sort of extends over it.

Would be nice to have one that has a keyboard tray at least. Also was debating doing an L-shaped set up, but would like to stay in the 48' range.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So, what do people use for a mousepad? My world of warcraft one has no grip for gaming and I'm constantly having to quickly slide it back into place when gaming

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    So, what do people use for a mousepad? My world of warcraft one has no grip for gaming and I'm constantly having to quickly slide it back into place when gaming

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I have a 3ft long pad, fits my keyboard and mouse has 18in of real estate, decently cheap on amazon.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am also a fan of giant mousepads that just cover the entire desk surface.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Agreed on getting a long pad that can fit your keyboard and mouse with some extra room. I use a Corsair MM300 Extended: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KL1L849

You can probably find cheaper. I grabbed it last year during the Black Friday sales.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yepp, I got a "deskmat" giant mousepad too. Love it.

I caught a sale on the Razer light up one but I always wanted one of those spacey looking ones off massdrop.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Does anyone have one of those desks that converts from sitting to standing? Or could recommend one?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Does anyone have one of those desks that converts from sitting to standing? Or could recommend one?
    Look for an IKEA BEKANT standing desk, think it’s the least expensive one i found, i have the standard BEKANT desk and it’s very sturdy. Wish my cable management was friendly to allow for me to use a standing desk.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

https://www.upliftdesk.com/uplift-v2...v2-commercial/

My work desk. Super sturdy. Easily supports a monitor arm-mounting system for 2-4 screens.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    https://www.primecables.ca/p-362358-...ck-primecables

Have this at home. I slapped my old ikea linnmon tabletop on it and it works fine. I'd probably go with a bekant top though, as theyre a lot more solid.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I have an older version of this thing. Def only cost me half of that

https://eurekaergonomic.com/e60/

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This seems like the best place to ask, but over the last few days my bluetooth connected xbox controller will stop function for like 20 seconds (awesome time for it to happen during mechanics in FFXIV) and I was wondering if it could just be my bluetooth dongle on my PC going bad. I've had the dongle for a few years which is why I think it might be the problem. I ordered a new one, but wondering if there isn't anything else I should be looking out for.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Something similar happening in Dynamis Windurst right about the death house, with my PS3 controller in wireless mode,

Is why I ALWAYS play wired.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Might be the dongle. I know my x-box controller on my new pc would disconnect in about that time frame until I connected the wifi antenna which I didn't realize also acted as a bit of a receiver for the bluetooth on the motherboard. May also want to see if there's any updated drivers for your bluetooth dongle.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    This seems like the best place to ask, but over the last few days my bluetooth connected xbox controller will stop function for like 20 seconds (awesome time for it to happen during mechanics in FFXIV) and I was wondering if it could just be my bluetooth dongle on my PC going bad. I've had the dongle for a few years which is why I think it might be the problem. I ordered a new one, but wondering if there isn't anything else I should be looking out for.
    This is a known bug currently happening with XIV and all bluetooth peripherals. Doesn't affect everyone but affects most. The only workaround I've seen is to go through Steam's controller API.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    This is a known bug currently happening with XIV and all bluetooth peripherals. Doesn't affect everyone but affects most. The only workaround I've seen is to go through Steam's controller API.
    See but its been fine until like a week ago, and then has got progressively worse, which to me indicates its not a software issue

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Unless the software ran a ninja update overnight

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    See but its been fine until like a week ago, and then has got progressively worse, which to me indicates its not a software issue
    Have you tried with any other games/apps?

-------------------------------

Unrelated, but my Arctis Pro Wireless cans ate shit so now I've got 4 sets of headphones to compare. Idk if anyone is looking for headphones right now but here's my opinion on what I've been trying.

$200 - Logitech G Pro X Wireless: Cheapest of the litter so didn't expect top marks, but hey. Sound is fine but I wouldn't listen to music with them. No dock or any sort of higher quality built in sound processing. Their build quality is superb and the wireless is good enough for a dongle. Mic is fine, extremely small bump up on this because nVidia Broadcast is built in to the Logitech software so you technically need one less background app download.

[s]$400[/s] $200 - Audeze Mobius: Sound is quite good for a gaming headset, a little better than the A50s to my ears. The built in sound processing is good enough and replaces the need for a dedicated DAC/AMP (which isn't saying much, they have practically no impedance). The 3D audio gimmick is cute but I don't see myself actually using it. The wire isn't really worth it for the level of audio improvement over the A50s honestly, but that's just for my ears. Build quality is great. Mic is fine.

$300 - Astro A50 Wireless: Top of the gaming headset heap. On par with or better than my broken Steelseries Pro Wireless set. The built in sound processing in the charging station works fine and the surround is adequate for what it is. Battery life is sufficient to last all day. They feel cheapo and quite frankly, for the price, there's a serious lack of metal pieces which makes me worry for their longevity. Mic is fine.

$450 - Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro + Qudelix 5k Bluetooth Amp + Blue Yeti Mic: Ok, yeah. Of course this is going to shit on any gaming branded crap in regards to audio quality, but there are some serious caveats. So yes, the sound is by far and away better than any of the others; 250ohm impedance and the need to be driven with an amp, brilliant soundstage if not exaggerated treble (but mostly fixable with EQ) and a great open back design; no surround, but that is fixable with software or with a soundcard/amp capable of adding it, but these fake surround implementations leave a lot to be desired anyway. The bluetooth amp can create a largely lossless "wireless" experience, if you consider wireless to mean untethered to your desk, but you still have a fucklong cable dangling from your dick attached to the amp in your pocket/on your belt/wherever you want to put it which, to me, is an inconvenience. The battery life in these bluetooth amps also tends to be fucking bad but that's only a consideration if you're leaving the desk often; for this one in particular, I can leave it plugged in without risk of damaging the battery which is nice when I'm sitting down. Build quality is fine. The headphones themselves are quite inexpensive so I didn't expect a marvel of engineering; I can see the cable eating shit eventually though and since it isn't detachable, replacement would require disassembly and soldering. Mic is shit because there isn't one. Options to remedy this include an Antlion modmic, which essentially turns it into a headset with extra steps, or a standalone microphone, which I opted for. I'm not here to grade the microphone, it is a Blue Yeti, they are proven to be great entry level audio kit.

So, the choice of which one I plan to keep may seem cut and dry then. For barely more money, that last choice blows the others away, right?

Well, I'm not so sure. Losing true wireless connectivity is a major consideration for me and, frankly, is kind of pushing me toward the A50s. Yes, the sound quality from the A50s is mediocre at best and they will never be as good for listening to music, but... not being tethered to anything, not having a cable occasionally get wrapped around my arm or get stuck under my chair wheels... it's a tough sell for my use case.

Maybe I'll decide to keep the 990 Pros and amp for music/phone use and then keep the A50s for my PC/Gaming. I dunno. I didn't really expect such difficulty going back to having a cord.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag