+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fenix Server - rising from the ashes!

Fenix has merged into FFEra! See you there!

Existing Fenix players, use our help desk to apply to be transferred: http://support.fenix-xi.com/portal

http://ffera.com/login.php

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Pretty cool server so far. Close to retail and no crashes.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

How many people are online?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Last time I was on there was 15 people online

Seems like this server and another parted ways and this one is fairly new.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

This server split from the old Exodus server, which I played on for about 5 months. There's a thread for that server in this section somewhere. The main reason I stopped playing was that the GM staff at the time was all over the place with their ideas about how the server should be run. Some rules would exist for awhile, then suddenly change because a different GM was on. Point values of fights would change drastically with no warning or attempt to discuss it first with the players. Basically, it was no fun being on a server with inconsistent rules.

Fenix is being run by one group of the old GMs. I have personally continued to play on the other server which split off from Exodus. I don't want to hijack another server's thread, but if anyone is interested, they can PM me for log in details for the server that I'm on.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    Last time I was on there was 15 people online

Seems like this server and another parted ways and this one is fairly new.
    Yep, thanks for replying. We've gained about 5-10 members just in this past week, as we've launched a heavy recruitment and ad campaign. There's tons of perks to joining a server in its recruitment stages, I'd recommend it! But I understand if you're looking for more people as well. Though we do still run events. Doesn't take much with our Server Transfer process, and you're not starting at level 1.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    This server split from the old Exodus server, which I played on for about 5 months. There's a thread for that server in this section somewhere. The main reason I stopped playing was that the GM staff at the time was all over the place with their ideas about how the server should be run. Some rules would exist for awhile, then suddenly change because a different GM was on. Point values of fights would change drastically with no warning or attempt to discuss it first with the players. Basically, it was no fun being on a server with inconsistent rules.

Fenix is being run by one group of the old GMs. I have personally continued to play on the other server which split off from Exodus. I don't want to hijack another server's thread, but if anyone is interested, they can PM me for log in details for the server that I'm on.
    I definitely agree with your history of Exodus. What you've detailed is precisely what I was working to stop behind the scenes, but was constantly vetoed and overridden. Fenix has a vastly different outlook with me at the helm. We'd love to see you again if you'd ever like to come swing by Viq. I think you'll like what you see!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

One awesome point to the server is that, as long as you have access to your ffxiah, you can link your char and import job levels and a handful of gear with it.

Definitely beats starting over. Also, no crashes in over a week.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My character is currently on Lakshmi and was wondering if I could use that character's screenshot + ffxiah's equip history from Garuda? Both are the same character.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    My character is currently on Lakshmi and was wondering if I could use that character's screenshot + ffxiah's equip history from Garuda? Both are the same character.
    As long as you have access to the ffxiah account you are good to go

Ross flux a PM if you have any questions

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Patriarch View Post
    As long as you have access to the ffxiah account you are good to go

Ross flux a PM if you have any questions
    Yup! What he said! Here's the application link if needed: http://fenix.guildwork.com/recruitment

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'll definitely give this a try when retail is free for a week

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    I'll definitely give this a try when retail is free for a week
    Aww, you must missed it. 5/23 was the last day of a 10-day one. D: Feel free to start up anyway, we can use an FFXIAH or sometimes just regular screenshots! You can always delay a transfer until later as well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Some pretty sweet custom content coming

Also, need some more people to join! I need to finish cop lol

Might consider popping in if I could guarantee character levels. However, with the LSC seemingly shut down for FFXIAH viewing, I don't have a way to verify them at the moment. Any possible alternatives?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Might consider popping in if I could guarantee character levels. However, with the LSC seemingly shut down for FFXIAH viewing, I don't have a way to verify them at the moment. Any possible alternatives?
    We can also use screenshots. Does your FFXIAH show nothing at all? It usually at least has something on there. If not, we will definitely work with you. We're not super strict about the proof. If you want to join us, we don't see any reason to hold you back!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We just gave THF natural Dual Wield at 75, and buffed Tachi: Kaiten! Check it out here, along with our other cool WS changes: http://fenix-xi.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_Abilities

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I have some updates for everyone!

- Exp rate is now 3.5x.
    - We have a website in beta that shows online members, auction house stock, and our custom modded item stats:https://status.fenix-xi.com/
    - We are actively working on a completely new storyline dungeon. Here's some teaser videos. We hope to have a alpha test server opened up to the public for this by the end of the month!
    - Also in the works: the mythic quest! We're closer than ever to making this happen, and we're very excited to roll it out.
    - During our platform upgrade, we dealt with some pretty horrific lag issues. We have located the problem and corrected it! No more lag! It complements our almost non-existent crashes.
    - We have brought on two new Community Managers (CMs) - Wadski and Volkov! They're working tirelessly to report bugs and submit fixes, along with keeping the player base happy and events running!
    - Our head admin Lagian has submitted way too many fixes to list. We have things working on Fenix that not a lot of servers have fixed! Our server stability since relaunch has massively improved, and our help desk ticket system is almost bored! Most of our fixes are listed here. Game-breaking issues are a thing of the past!
    - We've done further tweaking to weapon skills that some players were unhappy with, and we've received some great feedback.
    - Claustrum got a couple more buffs. You can see them on our website.
    - Force spawned HNMs now function.
    - Dynamis has had a huge overhaul and is running as smooth as butter. We continue to work to make it even better. (Almost done automating the Ancient Currency duplication process!)

Fenix is a well-oiled machine these days - all we're missing is you! Come join the fun!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Also have several more big ticket items coming in the future, so you should definitely hop on board!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Gonna ask here for the quick and dirty. Haven't played XI in three years or so. Here is what I'm wondering:

Can I get shit done by myself?
    Can I dual box?
    Windower+Spellcast supported?
    Can I be extremely casual but still get the good stuff?
    Does Beastmaster truly work?