Sylph
    Blog Entries

Hiding in my hole!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Gonna ask here for the quick and dirty. Haven't played XI in three years or so. Here is what I'm wondering:

Can I get shit done by myself?
    Can I dual box?
    Windower+Spellcast supported?
    Can I be extremely casual but still get the good stuff?
    Does Beastmaster truly work?
    Quick and dirty answers!

Yup.
    Yup.
    Yup.
    Yup.
    Mostly.

Long answers!

With the low-ish pop we focus on making sure you have content to solo. Getting to 75 is a breeze anyway, especially with the boosted exp rate and Fields of Valor books.
    We have a relaxed registration process where we have you register a main character and two mules. Only the main gets access to the Dynamis duplication, and all three get access to the Points & Rewards program. But you can have as many as you want, and you're welcome to try it out without registering.
    Windower is no problem, we actually recommend it. I don't know spellcast personally - most of our members use gearswap and we share our luas.
    The Points system along with the dyna dupe really help support the casual thing. It's how I play too!
    Beastmaster has a couple of issues, but we've fixed a bunch of them ourselves that DSP hasn't, too.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxion View Post
    Quick and dirty answers!

Yup.
    Yup.
    Yup.
    Yup.
    Mostly.

Long answers!

With the low-ish pop we focus on making sure you have content to solo. Getting to 75 is a breeze anyway, especially with the boosted exp rate and Fields of Valor books.
    We have a relaxed registration process where we have you register a main character and two mules. Only the main gets access to the Dynamis duplication, and all three get access to the Points & Rewards program. But you can have as many as you want, and you're welcome to try it out without registering.
    Windower is no problem, we actually recommend it. I don't know spellcast personally - most of our members use gearswap and we share our luas.
    The Points system along with the dyna dupe really help support the casual thing. It's how I play too!
    Beastmaster has a couple of issues, but we've fixed a bunch of them ourselves that DSP hasn't, too.
    Thank you for the reply. Iirc you can download XI from SE's page still right? http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...stall_win.html ?? Or is that strictly the client? I haven't even thought about playing XI in so long I forgot how anything works.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thank you for the reply. Iirc you can download XI from SE's page still right? http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...stall_win.html ?? Or is that strictly the client? I haven't even thought about playing XI in so long I forgot how anything works.
    Yeah, you basically just need that, Windower, and a shortcut with our login address in it. Here's our full install guide: http://fenix-xi.wikia.com/wiki/Installation_Guide

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxion View Post
    Yeah, you basically just need that, Windower, and a shortcut with our login address in it. Here's our full install guide: http://fenix-xi.wikia.com/wiki/Installation_Guide
    Downloading. If you, or anyone else has a basic spellcast script they could send me that would be awesome. I'm also assuming all gear works properly? Such as DW, DA, Haste, etc?

I didn't notice anything not working when it comes to gear, really. Though the 75 cap does limit what sort of special gear is available. Basically CoP era with maybe some ToAU drops littered here and there.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Downloading. If you, or anyone else has a basic spellcast script they could send me that would be awesome. I'm also assuming all gear works properly? Such as DW, DA, Haste, etc?
    I'd definitely pop on our Discord and see what people may have!

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I haven't played on this server since before it split, but even back then I don't remember any issues with gear not working, or anything like that. If you can dual-box fairly competently, then you will not have any trouble completing whatever content you want to do. I dominated Behe/Adaman/Aspid for 2-3 months, farmed a lot in Sky, and pushed into T4 ZNM simply by dual-boxing while on the server. Due to the points system on the server, this meant I was able to deck myself out in basically whatever gear I wanted. I was also able to duo RDM/BLM farm dynamis for currency. Of course, it was more fun when more people were on (I'm in Korea, so dual-boxing was a necessity of time zones, not a fault of the server), but I never felt hindered when playing on this server.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

How is stuff dual boxable like CoP and ZM's? Is the content just easier?

Stuff like nation dragons and lich fight are capped. Easier or harder tends to depend on how fleshed out NM/BC AIs are. For basic leveling, you'll probably not notice a difference. Crafting is simply easier by virtue of the AH being cheaply stocked and some custom NPCs with key skillup ingredients.

Basically, if you're expecting your first 75 to take you a year+, among other oldschool traits, it ain't happening here.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Stuff like nation dragons and lich fight are capped. Easier or harder tends to depend on how fleshed out NM/BC AIs are. For basic leveling, you'll probably not notice a difference. Crafting is simply easier by virtue of the AH being cheaply stocked and some custom NPCs with key skillup ingredients.

Basically, if you're expecting your first 75 to take you a year+, among other oldschool traits, it ain't happening here.
    That's what I'm talking about. I'm trying to have fun casually, not dedicate my life to FFXI ala 2006. The only reason I am thinking about doing this is because I have extremely fond memories from 5 years ago leveling Bst on private servers while jamming out to Daft Punk.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    How is stuff dual boxable like CoP and ZM's? Is the content just easier?
    CoP requires some help, but ZMs are very easy. I remember doing ZMs back in retail and having nightmares trying to get groups for things like the tonberry BC. In reality, anyone on BG given a WAR and WHM duo today will clear it in one or two attempts. Arc Angels at the end is the only part that needed more people.

Hey guys, Wadski here, Developer for Fenix-Server. Just wanted to clear up some questions here and announce a new event we are running.

Basically 1-2 people can take on any questline on our server. I did ZM solo as BLM for bcnm fights, and melee/nin for non bcnm NM's. CoP could do solo for the most part but anything after tenzen will require another person. Promitha you can duo with no problems. Also we have custom drop NM's that add in the Toau gear (salvage) And wotg gear as well. (i.e. nocturnus helm/body, vahalla's helm/body and zilant/strigoi ring etc) Also we have a custom @rewards that allows you to purchase some of the gear for points that you obtain from killing the point mob of the week, or HNM.

That being said we are also running a week long event for exp rings! The ring is located on Capricious Cassie in Fei'Yin. It drops 9 rings at a 100% Drop rate and the respawn time is 12 hours.

Come check us out! Have fun, good luck and work together!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New event starting soon!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hey Fenixers!

Here at Fenix, we still consider ourselves a relatively "new" private server, but we're growing up, and times are changing! We have an amazing development team now, some great GMs, and our CMs are rockin' their world too. We're on the DSP server list now, and we feel like we've grown exponentially (because we have!). We have a policies, procedures, rules, regulations. We’re big kids now!

So what comes next? We feel it's now time for a much-needed shift. As a new server, we focused on getting players in, getting our name out there, and providing a fast experience for people to re-live nostalgia quickly without the grind. But as we grow into this established, professional server, it is time for a move we've always looked forward to since the server started.

In the coming months, you're going to see us pursue a vision of permanence, of long-term. The Fenix experience is going to morph into something that will hold your attention for months, or even years, rather than weeks or days. Most of us have played this game for 10 or more years, and while that is almost too much (what can we say? we're fans), we want to emulate the special place in our hearts that FFXI has for us, with Fenix.

While the details are still in the works, we just wanted to give you a heads up to expect some exciting shifts. We’re working hard on implementation, and will keep you updated every step of the way when new content is rolling out. We’re so glad you’re on this journey with us. Thanks for reading, and making Fenix your home.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hey guys! We're making some changes to our server transfer application on Friday!

The app now: 3 75s, 5 37s, 15 rare/ex items, 2 relics, 1 main craft and 2 sub crafts.

The app starting Friday March 10th: 1 75, 3 37s, 1 relic, 2 capped combat/magic skills (3 if you’ve liked this page!) and your choice of: 10 rare/ex items, OR 5 rare/ex items and nation mission rank progress from your chosen character!

As always, proof of some sort must be presented that you had these items on a previous server. We’re also going to change the name, since it’s not a true “transfer”. We’re thinking something like “Character Boost”, but that may change.

If you haven’t done a transfer yet and want the current one, be sure to submit it before Friday! It will change at some point during the day. All current apps will continue to process as they are unless otherwise requested or already partially done. PM us if you have any questions!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There will be short maintenance this Saturday morning, around 9amPST/NoonEST to change the location of our physical server. It could be up to an hour long. I'll let you know when we start and end!

That's the boring part, now for some exciting news: when we're back up, the brand new, long-awaited, super-awesome MYTHIC QUESTLINE will be revealed and implemented! Big thanks to Wadski for laying the groundwork on this awesome new content!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Sent you a message. This sounds very interesting!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's the last day for the Economy promotion 250k gil boost for new players! Register now to lock in your gil!

http://support.fenix-xi.com/portal - type in an email, then click the Registration link that appears at the top and fill in the form to register!

Edit: JUST KIDDING! We've decided to continue this promotion forever. You still need to register to get it though!