FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    While I do think the writing is terrible, I've been thinking about this and it's actually pretty genius. The story is so surface level and requires NO thought. That is for the CoD kids. People who just want to shoot things and can easily follow a basic A to B to C story. And there are some points that only matter to bigger fans. Then, we have all the ECHO/slabs to find that provides lore.
    So... Destiny

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    So... Destiny
    I should have put "coherent." While I do like Destiny's gameplay, they cannot tell a story. Some lore snippets are written well and some are not.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If it weren't for that one lore guy and his 4 hour destiny videos I'd be so fucking lost in d2's narrative

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hex Grenades, Firestorm Grenades, Crossroad, Flakker, and Lyuda got nerfed into oblivion today.

By the time Gearbox finishes "balancing" this game there is going to be nothing fun left.

But hey, Iron Bear got a 50% health buff

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

UVHM is gonna suck without all the fun items.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

they appear to have also nerfed the elemental boost on some of the artifacts for Amara, used to be over 180% boost to elemental damage, now it's capped at 90% boost, can still murder bosses on mayhem 3 with her, but I really need to find a Face-Puncher and swap to the melee build, since the melee damage boosts are still huge and stupid, and I haven't noticed many melee damage reductions from the mayhem buffs/ners as opposed to elemental and gun damage.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    UVHM is gonna suck without all the fun items.
    The whole game is gonna suck without all the fun items. Borderlands being balanced like a competitive shooter or some shit is absolutely ridiculous to me.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Obviously people are upset with the nerfs because making your character OP as fuck is most of the fun of grinding out very specific rolls, but do you guys think that you were able to become OP too quickly because of the initial drop rates plus the way some of these rolls played out?

How many hours did you put into BL2, as an example, before you were at the same level of OP-ness in BL3? It seemed like a day or two after BL3 was released people were already one-shotting Gravemind with a melee Amara build or melting him in seconds with Crit Fl4k and basically any Torgue shotgun.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It wasn't a matter of "becoming OP too quickly". There's no fucking challenging content to use the builds in lmao. Let's not pretend like ARPGs and looting games like this ever revolved around anything other than breaking your character in the most over the top way possible to farm faster. This isn't Call of Duty, I don't need to be told how to play my single player game where all I'm doing is shooting faceless NPCs for hours at a time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    they appear to have also nerfed the elemental boost on some of the artifacts for Amara, used to be over 180% boost to elemental damage, now it's capped at 90% boost, can still murder bosses on mayhem 3 with her, but I really need to find a Face-Puncher and swap to the melee build, since the melee damage boosts are still huge and stupid, and I haven't noticed many melee damage reductions from the mayhem buffs/ners as opposed to elemental and gun damage.
    Based on the patch notes, the item card said 183%, but was actually only giving you 113%. Then they dropped it to 90%.

Artifacts

It was reported that the Legendary artifact, Elemental Projector, had a bug resulting in the max value being displayed at 183% instead of the actual max value of 113%. Therefore, we addressed the discrepancy and reduced the max value to 90%.

Elemental Projector damage max roll reduced to 90%

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    Based on the patch notes, the item card said 183%, but was actually only giving you 113%. Then they dropped it to 90%.
    I actually did a double take when I read the patch notes here. They explained that there was a visual bug with how the item was displaying its stats.... so their fix to this was to nerf the item.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They actually still haven't touched the melee Amara build like... at all other then some of the minor "corrections" they've been doing to some items.

I get some of the nerfs, but they're just so overwhelmingly ham-fisted it's ridiculous. Like yeah, Hex grenades were clearly better then every other grenade in the game (broken pipe bomb notwithstanding), but reducing the damage by 70%? Jesus Christ. I'm sure in a few days they'll release another update saying that the 70% nerf was unintentional and was meant to be something like 20-30%, despite having clearly put it in the patch notes (like they did with the ammo regen nerfs of 3 seconds changed to 0.3 for Fl4k and Moze). And some of the nerfs are just downright silly, like Crossroads now consuming 3 ammo per shot instead of 4, in spite of the name clearly being tied into the number 4.

I saw someone on reddit make the joke how they'll be another hotfix on the horizon how Moze's Bottomless Mag skill tree was having the unintended mechanics of making people never need to reload, so they fixed the discrepancy,

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    It wasn't a matter of "becoming OP too quickly". There's no fucking challenging content to use the builds in lmao. Let's not pretend like ARPGs and looting games like this ever revolved around anything other than breaking your character in the most over the top way possible to farm faster. This isn't Call of Duty, I don't need to be told how to play my single player game where all I'm doing is shooting faceless NPCs for hours at a time.
    I agree that breaking the character and game are entirely the fun in BL, no argument here.

I think the question is about longevity when they start to add DLC. If everyone was OP on day 2, by day 120 what can they really do to challenge the player? Artificial difficulty by adding HP and damage to everything? Add Mayhem levels?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Raise the level cap and invalidate old gear, simple

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Like yeah, Hex grenades were clearly better then every other grenade in the game (broken pipe bomb notwithstanding), but reducing the damage by 70%? Jesus Christ. I'm sure in a few days they'll release another update saying that the 70% nerf was unintentional and was meant to be something like 20-30%, despite having clearly put it in the patch notes (like they did with the ammo regen nerfs of 3 seconds changed to 0.3 for Fl4k and Moze).
    Personally, I never used the hex grenade for its damage. It was moreso for its effect of triggering abilities while it was damaging enemies. So, I actually find the duration nerf more relevant.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Raise the level cap and invalidate old gear, simple
    How much would they have to raise the level cap for each DLC to make our gear useless, though? Considering how long you can use good legendaries you may be using the same gear for a while, unless you significantly increase damage on anything about level 50.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Obviously people are upset with the nerfs because making your character OP as fuck is most of the fun of grinding out very specific rolls, but do you guys think that you were able to become OP too quickly because of the initial drop rates plus the way some of these rolls played out?

How many hours did you put into BL2, as an example, before you were at the same level of OP-ness in BL3? It seemed like a day or two after BL3 was released people were already one-shotting Gravemind with a melee Amara build or melting him in seconds with Crit Fl4k and basically any Torgue shotgun.
    However long it took to get Bee Shield and Conference Call and no skills mattered. And we'll get 11 levels just like BL1 did once and BL2 did twice so BL3 might do three times for level 83 (I doubt it though).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    There's no fucking challenging content to use the builds in lmao.
    I disappointed to learn that there is no Crawmerax-like boss currently in the game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I disappointed to learn that there is no Crawmerax-like boss currently in the game.
    This is why. They wanna nerf builds so people can't drop the raid bosses in 2 seconds.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries