+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Krandor did a better job explaining it TBH.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Epic is buying 1 year exclusive windows. It's Xbox/PS4 all over again. Using their thick Tencent wallet to grow the platform rather than organic growth like Valve. At least Ubisoft and EA made their own launchers for their own products to get around the market fees.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Blizzard and Activision did it too with BO4 being on Battle.net, but at least most people already have a Battle.net account.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That's their own game, just like with EA and all their 1st party titles.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

More like it's Activision using the launcher of a company it merged with to move a franchise from Steam to save some cash.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I’ll be honest, i could not care any fucking less about the epic game store molehill controversies. Idc what PC platform it comes on it’s not forcing me to buy a new PC. Anyone who wants to join the outrage can but I didn’t care when the other games did it and I don’t care now.

None of Steams “feature” mean jack shit to me anyway I never use steam for ANYTHING but launching a game and playing it. No friends, chatting, nothing. Only exception i suppose is occasionally browsing the MV Maker workshop.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Steam's controller configuration is fucking awesome.

The rest is nothing special, but when you compare it to the other launchers that offer absolutely nothing (as bad as Steam reviews are, it's better then a system with nothing like EGS or the Switch), you realize it's actually useful.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can confirm, steam's controller config utility is incredible and there really isn't anything remotely as powerful or useful of its kind available elsewhere.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I’ve never used a controller on PC and probably won’t start soon, especially for a FPS... but I can understand how people could find it useful

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/statu...34134085337088

Pitchford alludes to this not being an April Fools joke and to direct inquiries towards 2K. 2K's Private Division recently announced their exclusivity deal with Epic which saw The Outer Worlds, and others, become a 1-year exclusive to the platform. It's not without reason to think that this might be the same for other 2K published titles.

BG Level

Welp...

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'll still play it but I don't have to be happy about this bullshittery

BG Level

Well if that turns out to be the case... yay for having BL1 Remastered later this month. That and bought all TPS DLC since it was on sale.

Hell, I haven't touched the Big Game Hunt/Tina's DnD DLCs on BL2 either.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The Tiny Tina DLC is the best part of Borderlands 2 go play it right now

BG Level

I intend to. Right now I'm doing UVHM and getting through the main story. Then focusing on DLCs.

The Handsome Collection is massively on sale on steam right now as well. Ended up getting a huge chunk of skins and some of the holiday ones I didn't have all for $5. Saved $32 apparently lol.

I will still get BL3 day 1. I have always had massive fun with friends playing BL games. That said I'm not looking forward to having to have another launcher running when playing. It was annoying enough when I still played Overwatch or playing Southpark/Child of Light. It's not so much "Steam forever everyone else sucks!!" It just encourages every company to have it's own launcher at cost to the consumer. Like how every company wants it's own streaming service now. I don't want to have to have a dozen different launchers running or need to boot an extra thing every time I want to play a different game. Just kind of feels like a step backwards I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    I don't want to have to have a dozen different launchers running or need to boot an extra thing every time I want to play a different game. Just kind of feels like a step backwards I guess.
    Its a cost cutting measure that's being picked up likely due to how much money you can save when you run it in house compared to letting steam eat a chunk of your own pie. Honestly I won't care too much because I auto-log into these programs and disable auto start up/uninstall when I'm done (This is what I already do to Origin honestly).

I also have an epic account from UT and Fortnite so it doesn't hurt me to install and uninstall it when I want to play a game on it.

I'm more bothered by the data sniffing they do on steam to be honest.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

These decisions are 100% cost cutting for developers. Steam/Sony/most platforms take as much as 30% of the price of each game sold, so it's no surprise they want to get around that and either go in-house or take a 1 year deal for reduced fees.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Which is fine, but if they actually want the platform to have long term viability they need to give an actual reason for people to use it. EA and Ubisoft (who still offer their games on other platforms) publish enough games that their platforms can bring people to their storefronts solely for their own exclusives.

Other then Fortnite (which obviously is a pretty big deal), Epic offers nothing to the consumer and is having to rely on buying exclusivity to get people to use their product. And even with the bankroll of Tencent that can't be a sustainable strategy if some of the numbers that have come out about those deals are to be believed. If a game is gonna be available on Steam and other storefronts at the same time, I'd imagine everyone would buy it on Steam if the prices matched up because of the extra services on hand (controller support, one click away from forums for tech issues, guides, cloud saves, achievements, more reliable servers for online play, etc)

I mean shit, as far as I can tell EGS doesn't even have simple features like being able to search by genre or wishlists.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I'll wait for a GotY edition on Steam I suppose. Will take about a year then I can mash on through everything without interruption.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast