+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Another CEO stated a major title from a popular franchise would be this fiscal year which, for 2k, ends in September.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since all I ever played was BL1/2/PS... was has Gearbox been up too lately that has been “bad”.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Not lately, but Duke Nukem Forever was the last really bad thing I can remember from them.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Pre Sequel was primarily made by 2K Australia with assistance from Gearbox.

Duke Nukem came before Borderlands 2 funny enough. The only game Gearbox has done since The Pre-Sequel is Battleborn. Everything else they've done has been ports and remasters, but that also seems to be the majority of their work. Not counting Borderlands, the only games they've done is Battleborn, DNF, Aliens: Colonial Marines which was a travesty, and co-developed an Aliens 3ds game.

That said I've loved every iteration of Borderlands and I love playing them with friends so I will trust them.

EDIT: Oh guess they did Brother in Arms and Half-Life 1 additional games as well.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Homeworld Remaster and Deserts of Kharak were both good. They outsourced the development on both of them, but they were solid games.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

moon jumping aside, the pre sequel and the claptrap dlc was the best story telling in all three games

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    moon jumping aside, the pre sequel and the claptrap dlc was the best story telling in all three games
    I was just going to say, I don't get all the hate from Pre sequal. Some mechanics could have been better, but aside from that it was a real gem of a game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Spoiler: show

Discover the co-op shooter-looter that started it all, crammed with additional content and enhancements! Equip bazillions of guns as one of four trigger-happy mercenaries, each with unique RPG skills. Take on the lawless, desolate planet of Pandora in pursuit of a powerful alien technology: The Vault. With brand new weapons, substantial visual upgrades, quality of life improvements, all four add-on packs, and more, Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition is the brand new definitive version of the award-winning 2009 first-person shooter / role-playing game hybrid, available now for the first time on current generation consoles.

What’s New

• Quality of Life Improvements: Significant updates to the game’s supporting systems allow for a smoother overall experience. For example:

- A Borderlands 2-style mini-map, which you can toggle on and off, has been added to complement the original compass.
    - Substantial improvements to the inventory system—such as allowing you to “lock” weapons or mark them as “ junk ”—simplify item management.
    - Items like ammo, money, and health now auto-pick up from the ground.

• Rewards Ready: With the addition of the SHiFT player rewards program, you can now use Golden Keys to unlock special in-game items and rewards. Returning SHiFT users who’ve played Borderlands 2 or The Pre-Sequel on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or PC will receive 75 free Golden Keys, as well as two randomly selected all-new weapons, for their first newly-created Vault Hunter.

• Added Firepower: A new set of six named, custom-skinned Legendary weapons make the base game’s arsenal even deeper. Beat bosses or gather Golden Keys for a chance to collect ‘em all.

• Badder Boss Battles: In direct response to fan feedback, the campaign ’s final boss encounter has been adjusted to be more engaging, challenging, and rewarding.

• Cosmetic Customization: For the first time, you will be able to customize your Vault Hunter beyond simply selecting a color scheme. Each of the four available characters has five brand new cosmetic heads unlocked and equippable right from the start of the game.

• Now Available on Modern Consoles: Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition makes the original Borderlands readily available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 for the first time, in addition to providing a newly enhanced and visually remastered version for PC players .

Free to Existing Owners on PC: If you already own the original Borderlands on Steam, you’ll be able to upgrade to Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition absolutely free.

Key Features

• Bazillions of Guns: Rocket-launching shotguns, enemy-torching revolvers, SMGs that fire lightning rounds, and tons more procedurally generated firearms.

• RPG Progression: Slay your foes, gain experience points, and build out extensive skill trees unique to each of the four Vault Hunters.

• Co-op Frenzy: Tear through the opposition as a crew of up to four, with four-player split-screen available on consoles and online co-op available across all platforms.

• Rich Universe: Uncover the rewarding mysteries, memorable inhabitants, and deep lore of Pandora—and the Borderlands narrative universe.

• Intense Vehicular Combat: Get behind the wheel and engage in frenetic vehicle-to-vehicle combat.

• Radical Art Style: Traditional rendering techniques combined with hand-drawn textures give Borderlands its iconic style.

Included Content

• Borderlands [Base Game]: The original shooter-looter in all its visually remastered glory.

• The Zombie Island of Doctor Ned [DLC]: Enter the corporate-owned small town known as Jakobs Cove and put an end to the rumors of the walking “undead.” New are as, new missions, new enemies, oh my!

• Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot [DLC]: Celebrate the grand opening of Marcus Bank by taking on hundreds of foes in the only competitive arena around where you come back famous… or not at all.

• The Secret Armory of General Knoxx [DLC]: Want more of the Borderlands story and more loot than you could possibly figure out what to do with? Add new guns, missions, vehicles and more!

• Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution [DLC]: This destructive adventure invites you to battle a vicious new threat: a massive uprising of your former friends, the Claptraps.

auto grabbing money/ammo in my borderlands 1? oh hell yes

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Allegedly releasing September 13th according to deleted post (and coming to Epic Games Store): https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1112767604072964104

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh man if it ends up as an EGS exclusive people are gonna be fucking mad.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Eh I'll wait til I hear from the devs themselves.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Eh I'll wait til I hear from the devs themselves.
    Pitchford tweeted about how he "can't wait to support the Epic store" and some other stuff along those lines. Could be people reading into it but I think that Wario twitter post is April Fools.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Why do people hate the Epic Games Store?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Because it's different from Steam. I'm guessing it also has something to do with the modding community on Steam.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It offers none of the features Steam does (reviews, forums, workshop, community shit, controller config, etc), is owned by Tencent, spyware, and has been getting games pulled off of Steam via exlcusive deals.

The exclusive deals is probably what bugs people the most, like how Metro Exodus was removed from sale the day before release. People are a fan of having everything condensed into a single launcher. It's understandable for stuff like EA games being exclusive to Origin, but when Epic is just buying random games up with no warning it's gonna bother people.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Why do people hate the Epic Games Store?
    They have jack shit for features

Parses a Steam file it shouldn't be to get information on your friend list

Can charge more for a game based on currency used

Have managed to have devs pull games off Steam to use their store (New Metro was up on Steam for preorder for awhile before getting pulled. Some other games promised to on Steam via crowdfunding and then backed out and went to Epic)

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Have managed to have devs pull games off Steam to use their store (New Metro was up on Steam for preorder for awhile before getting pulled. Some other games promised to on Steam via crowdfunding and then backed out and went to Epic)
    Technically, how is that Epic's fault and not the Dev's?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast