+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

the obvious solution is to play with me on ps4 bros

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Eh, epic launcher will eventually get there. Epics platform is way nicer to developers and social media "influencers" than steam is, and obviously the deals they're cutting are better than steams when you see these exclusive deals popping up.

More competition in the publishing department is a-ok with me. Maybe steam will get off their asses and make HL3 a steam exclusive to compete.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I’m likely gonna get this on both xbox and pc, but pc when a goty edition releases. I have a few local friends on xbox who want to lan this together.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Eh, epic launcher will eventually get there. Epics platform is way nicer to developers and social media "influencers" than steam is, and obviously the deals they're cutting are better than steams when you see these exclusive deals popping up.

More competition in the publishing department is a-ok with me. Maybe steam will get off their asses and make HL3 a steam exclusive to compete.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I think Epic could have done a better job if they gave a little more time to improve some things and add more features. As much as I bash Epic in it's current state I still want them to give Valve some pressure to get their shit together. I doubt we'll ever see HL3, Portal 3, or TF3, but I'd still at least like to see them improve functionality on Steam (The web browser overlay needs a major overhaul IMO) and do a better job filtering crap from their store and doing a better job with their guidelines for games.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well the Steam redesign is apparently finally coming.

As for your other points, Steam is like that because developers complained so much about the restrictions on getting their games on the store, so Valve just started letting everything in. Can't have it both ways unfortunately.

I'd love to see Epic actually provide a competent alternative, even tho I know eventually I'm gonna be forced to use it as long as they keep snatching up exclusives. Once I get thru the backlog of games I have atm I'm sure I'll be getting Metro Exodus from them, and Control looks quite cool and is another game they made exclusive to their store.

BG Level

Yeah I suppose that's fair. I just wish Valve had some kind of trust system or something in place where when you first start out you're a bit limited on what you can put on there until you earn a reputation. Though like any system that can be easily abused.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also let’s not forget steam sucked ass and nobody wanted to instal it when I believe the orange box or one of the half life’s forces you to install it to play. Steam got as much flak then as Epic is getting now. Times chsnge, I don’t like exclusivity deals but these launcher ones are some of the least intrusive and shitty ways, and as I stated before, “features” don’t appeal to me at all, I don’t use them. Epic needs to grow fast or fade into obscurity, Steam has been the only real launcher for a long time for most gamers, I can understand the aggression from epic early on, but I do agree they should have made their platform more complete first.

So, so summarize, I don’t like what epics doing to force growth, I just don’t give a shit a lot harder. If it gets steam to stop being a lazy bloated asset-flip shit hole even a little, or becomes a better steam, win win.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I forgot about the controller settings. Those are a good selling point, but even with that I couldn't care less what launcher it is really. I've had Steam since the alpha and have no attachment.

I can understand different launchers isn't that big a deal although annoying. The features I couldn't care less about as long as the basics are there. Can I play with friends with ease? I never used Blizzard features when I did Overwatch. Admittedly I would be rather upset if there was no controller support but that seems more a game issue than launcher. I hate Big Picture Mode on steam.

One of my bigger concerns is security. I keep hearing accounts of EGS having terrible security. To a point where people may get alerts a couple times a month of false logins. There are the rumors they're linked to selling data to China but just rumors and who doesn't sell data these days?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Really though for me, like many others, it really isn't about having a million launchers installed on my computer at once. If that was an issue I would've given up on gaming long ago since I've had bullshit like UPlay, Origin, and NCSoft launcher installed for fucking years. The real problem is how slimy and underhanded Tencent/Epic have been with their dealings. Forcibly buying out studios and titles to force themselves into a higher market share. Might be good business, doubt they'd be spending all these millions upon millions of dollars on exclusivity arrangements and outright "guaranteed sales" for studios if it wasn't, but I never said I liked how predatory business is as a whole anyway. It's basically adding yet another big player in the Sony/Microsoft(lol) timed exclusivity bukkake that is the gaming market and, while it probably won't negatively impact any of us, it's just so dirty and gross to me. But it is what it is. My data has already been sold by plenty of companies already so adding another one on that big pile of shit doesn't really change anything. I just hope the Epic store manages to compete with Steam's big sales so I have a reason to build an Epic Launcher library.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I kinda fear this is like a kickstarter that ends up unfulfilled. What if everyone moves away from Fortnite? Has Epic set themselves up enough to not rely on the income?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Leaked cover art & collector's edition with Gearbox seemingly confirming;

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1113237226823880704
    https://twitter.com/Borderlands/stat...52048869318656

Spoiler: show

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

edit: Beaten

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    edit: Beaten

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Leaked release date trailer - https://imgur.com/P1aMjru

Epic Store launch exclusive

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Joke's on us; there is no 13th month. JK, I know most of the world does day/month/year.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Epic Store launch exclusive
    Welp... see you guys in 2020

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The original shooter-looter returns, packing bazillions of guns and an all-new mayhem-fueled adventure. Blast your way through new worlds and enemies as one of four brand new Vault Hunters, each with deep skill trees, abilities, and customization. Play solo or join with friends to take on insane enemies, collect loads of loot and save your home from the most ruthless cult leaders in the galaxy.

Key Features:

A MAYHEM-FUELED THRILL RIDE
    Stop the fanatical Calypso Twins from uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy’s ultimate power. Only you, a thrill-seeking Vault Hunter, have the arsenal and allies to take them down.

YOUR VAULT HUNTER, YOUR PLAYSTYLE
    Become one of four extraordinary Vault Hunters, each with unique abilities, playstyles, deep skill trees, and tons of personalization options. All Vault Hunters are capable of awesome mayhem alone, but together they are unstoppable.

LOCK, LOAD, AND LOOT
    With bazillions of guns and gadgets, every fight is an opportunity to score new gear. Firearms with self-propelling bullet shields? Check. Rifles that spawn fire-spewing volcanoes? Obviously. Guns that grow legs and chase down enemies while hurling verbal insults? Yeah, got that too.

NEW BORDERLANDS
    Discover new worlds beyond Pandora, each featuring unique environments to explore and enemies to destroy. Tear through hostile deserts, battle your way across war-torn cityscapes, navigate deadly bayous, and more!

QUICK & SEAMLESS CO-OP ACTION
    Play with anyone at any time online or in split-screen co-op, regardless of your level or mission progress. Take down enemies and challenges as a team, but reap rewards that are yours alone – no one misses out on loot.
    Gameplay reveal coming May 1st, also, no Steam logo.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Epic Store Exclusive window is until April 2020. See you then guys

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast