BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Finally fired this up on Epic. Used Hardware Unboxed's recommendations for graphics settings to max frames. Benchmark had me averaging just under 100, but during game play the stutter is jarring. Like, I don't even care to play because it's so annoying. I tried running in DX 12, changing W10 settings, etc from what I could find for recommendations but nothing works. Oh well.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

An issue I have now that I didn't on release is when I get in a vehicle on multiplayers my frames drop hard. Its really annoying and makes no sense. I don't know why this game is optimized so badly.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's unreal engine, idk if there's a way to make an optimized game using unreal engine. I've certainly never seen one

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Now is kind of a bad time because the mayhem 2.0 update did some screwy shit to optimization. A lot of console players literally can't play the game or drop down to single digit FPS while in combat, and there are a lot of PC players reporting pretty significant drops in FPS as well.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Now is kind of a bad time because the mayhem 2.0 update did some screwy shit to optimization. A lot of console players literally can't play the game or drop down to single digit FPS while in combat, and there are a lot of PC players reporting pretty significant drops in FPS as well.
    Wow that's awful. I'll wait a few and try again.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#1aa19490746b
    Ask and you shall receive. I have written uh, many articles about my desire to finally see a fourth skill tree and action skill for Borderlands 3’s Vault Hunters, and now it appears that may not only be a reality, but it could be arriving sooner than I thought.

Full credit goes to dataminer u/DelusionPhantom whose work I found through a separate thread by u/chancehugs.

In short, all of these sound like they have the potential to be pretty neat, and really none of them were what I was expecting, though Amara’s does sort of remain a mystery with not enough info leaked yet.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Haven't played since the game came out, wtf did they do. Game is practically unplayable at ultrawide resolution now. Almost every menu clips and can't be properly interacted with. This was not a problem at launch.

They broke Field of View so they disabled it about a month ago. They also redid the whole Mayhem as Mayhem 2.0 which goes 1-10 which is woefully unbalanced. About a month ago is when they tried to balance it by having action skills, melee and pet damage scale to mayhem. It kind of worked but now Moze in Iron bear is massive OP not that I'm complaining about that. Also they claimed enemy damage doesn't scale to mayhem that's why shields don't have mayhem modifiers. Turns out they messed up *shocked pikachu* and enemies damage with certain guns DO scale to mayhem, so a lot of stuff at M10 can almost one shot you if you're not constant healing. Fix TBD. Right now the game is really wonky balanced. Some things OP, most things being nigh useless.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Guess I'll stay away until the time comes that all this gets fixed then. Not running my monitor at a non native resolution because they broke some ui elements and don't want to deal with all that other shit.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2...-announcement/
    Get ready to make all kinds of mayhem with Borderlands 3's new Season Pass 2, which will feature two more add-ons unlike anything we've done before. This new season will include the Designer's Cut and Director's Cut DLCs, which each offer new modes and ways to play. A copy of Borderlands 3 is required to play the content in Season Pass 2, which will be available for purchase on November 10 starting with the Designer's Cut. The second half of Season Pass 2, Director's Cut, is planned to release in Spring 2021; we'll have more details to share closer to launch.

In the Designer's Cut, launching on November 10 for all platforms, you’ll get an additional Skill Tree for each Vault Hunter and a brand-new game mode called Arms Race.

We're saving Director's Cut details for another day, but rest assured it will be bursting with next-level mayhem as Borderlands 3 continues its second year.
    ugh

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

havent touched this since i beat the campaign...never played any of the DLC.

Thats a lame move

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My friends and I are just about start the final dlc. Was an entertaining run but I'm out after this.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm okay with more DLC since BL4 will be a few years. Especially, knowing that BL3 will go to PS5.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Remember when they said they would not be adding any new vault hunters because they wanted to expand on the existing ones instead

That sure panned out. One extra skill tree over a year after launch (that you have to pay for anyway). Woohoo.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yeah I'm glad I didn't bother with this game once I cleared the story campaign, instantly nerfing flak and the other characters invalidating builds sure put a sour taste in my mouth.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Hardly anyone played the new characters (BL2 or Pre-Sequel) but I bet more people will dive in to test a tree with their already existing character far more than starting from scratch.

Fl4k was broken. Being able to use a Maggie that sends bullets around the map coupled with the stacked skill+mod that made it so you didn't have to reload for the entire duration of your skill (I could clear at the first wave of an arena before the announcer could finish speaking). You can still kinda do that on M10 stuff. I'm fine if the VHs are similar in damage and it's about the weapons being OP.

I don't know about you but Krieg and Gaige were my most used characters. Enjoyed Jack-Clone but admittedly never played Aurelia.

I think the DLC characters were some of the most fun and unique. I have little to no excitement for a fourth tree when the devs have shown to have no idea or care for balance. Every character plays almost the same with "use these top five guns which are vastly OP compared to anything else". Compared to BL2 Where would use different guns or gun types depending on the character, or Kriegs case melee everything while screaming. Melee isn't even a viable option in BL3 even if you invest everything in Amara's tree.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Melee isn't even a viable option in BL3 even if you invest everything in Amara's tree.
    I don't play Amara, but this should be past tense. Melee is a viable option in the current state of the game as far as I'm aware.

It's mediocre at best. It kind of works if you use melee guns but doesn't utilize have of what her tree is actually good at and doesn't even come close to just using OP guns. It's like an Ikea build put together with only ducktape. The viable builds have been very narrow for quite a long time due to inability to balance. It's big part of why my friends and I fell off the game.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

locking new skill trees behind a paywall just rubs me the wrong way. add in the fact that there's no new campaign stuff and I just don't see the value, unless Season Pass 2 is hella cheap. not to mention the fact that the game is still horrendously broken, I get terrible framerate issues all the time, and any time I try to join a friend's game there is a not insignificant chance that it hard crashes my whole xbox