+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Yeah can't find any pictures either. Apparently the diamond chest edition is $250. Comes with -

Super Deluxe Edition of the game (including season pass)
    Diamond Loot Chest Replica -- features a functional retractable lid so you can store your real-world loot
    Ten Borderlands 3 three-inch character figurines -- the whole crew is here, including the four new Vault Hunters, the Calypso Twins, and more of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe
    Sanctuary 3 snap model with stand included
    Four Vault Key keychains
    Cloth galaxy map of the Borderlands
    Five character art lithographs -- character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins
    Borderlands 3 steelbook case

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The plurality of people using epics platform, I heard a journalist say upwards of 60%, are people who have never installed a game publishing platform like steam before. That's brand new customers, not just poaching from another platform like steam. It makes complete sense for companies to jump on the epic bandwagon if they make it easier to generate revenue, which they do.

All the bitching I've read on BG about epics launcher just solidifies to me that I have entered into the NIMBY and Back in my day areas of adulthood.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    CE sold out via 2K store. Hearing Gamestop is the only other place to get it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Good. I remember when I played with a friend once on a new character with him. Jackass kept grabbing and selling whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    Apparently that graphic is a bit outdated. This is the best I could find.

https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap

They're aiming for May for cloudsaves but man, that doesn't inspire any more confidence in their system.
    And this is why I criticize them for rushing it out. I mean yeah if this was the early 2010s I could understand the current state. But you'd expect some of these features to be included already and not on a roadmap.

They also mentioned they'll allow publishers to disable reviews too if they want to.

The big one that got me is they don't even have a shopping cart, and isn't planned for six months. What kind of digital shopping serivice doesn't have a cart? Apparently it's a huge joke in their community too. It's just more fodder that lends to me apprehension of trusting them with more sensitive info if they can't even get the basics down for months.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BL1 GOTY enhancement still hasn't rolled out for Steam, but you can now force a download - copy & paste into your browser steam://install/729040

It's 12.8GB

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah that's a weird one lol. I get the feeling they really wanted this out sooner rather than later cause a lot of titles they could capitalize on were scheduled for release before all these bells and whistles would be ready. They are more profitable than steam as a publisher so I can see that justifying putting up with things like we are now in exchange for the same if not a larger audience for their product.

Idk, I'm struggling to come up with a care for what's going on at epic and I cant find one.

BG Level

BL1 GOTY seems to lock up and crash a lot for me. Anyone else having issues?

EDIT: 5 attempts later and managed to register at the New U station. Then closed the game and got another error. Oof.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Yeah that's a weird one lol. I get the feeling they really wanted this out sooner rather than later cause a lot of titles they could capitalize on were scheduled for release before all these bells and whistles would be ready. They are more profitable than steam as a publisher so I can see that justifying putting up with things like we are now in exchange for the same if not a larger audience for their product.

Idk, I'm struggling to come up with a care for what's going on at epic and I cant find one.

This is what irks me the most about EGS. I don't care about them offering competition for Steam, I do care a little about them buying out devs but whatever if it ends up leading to better games and better services then so be it. But holy fuck the lack of fucks given in putting even basic features into their app (shopping cart, cloud saves, a simple rating system that isn't controlled by the devs/publishers themselves) is irritating. Steam will probably have a much broader feature set for a long time and that's whatever, but just basic stuff... hopefully they meat their May deadlines on some of it. Not exactly asking for the sun, moon, and stars here.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't even know about the lack of offline mode, that's a 100% deal breaker for me since work can leave me without personal internet access for weeks at a time.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Lack of offline mode is pretty wtf.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I may have missed it but was anyone doing a fresh BL1 or BL2 run? If so, I'm down.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

from https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...hNBe2yK6bMMF8M
    Regardless of your respective levels or mission progress, you and your friends can play together online or on the couch, and not only will each of you deal a meaningful amount of damage, you’ll also receive your own discrete loot stream. No more loot ninjas! Of course, if you prefer to play with classic Borderlands 2 co-op rules—where loot is shared—you can choose to do so.
    makes me think they're implementing some form of scaling which I have mixed feelings about

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    from https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...hNBe2yK6bMMF8M

makes me think they're implementing some form of scaling which I have mixed feelings about
    It's level-sync.

In Div 2, for example, if you're level 30 and you play co-op with someone under leveled, they're bumped to 29.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

hopefully a bit more forgiving, Div 2 scaling could be a bit rough sometimes on the underlevelled, at least in my experience

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    hopefully a bit more forgiving, Div 2 scaling could be a bit rough sometimes on the underlevelled, at least in my experience
    It's a "feature" that supposedly has been patched. The game gave a major hit to anyone using green gear as those don't exist in the later levels.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    It's level-sync.

In Div 2, for example, if you're level 30 and you play co-op with someone under leveled, they're bumped to 29.
    Please be true. There have been plenty of times I wanted to play with a friend but we had a 20+ level gap between us.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

EGS exclusivity is only 6 months and not a year.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Only because Borderlands has WAY more pull than Metro and Division.
    And "It's not AS bad" doesn't fly in this case, because there's no reason for it to BE bad in the first place.

If publishers want the better revenue split and Unreal discount on Epic, fine.
    They can sell the game on Epic AND Steam, and focus their advertising on urging players to buy at the Epic store.
    They could realign the consumer price so they get the same price per game as before, but pass the saving to consumers, making the Epic store a natural competitor to Steam.

There are plenty of ways this could be done in an above board manner.
    But instead of playing fair, Epic decided to do this with wall hacks and aimbots.

Not to mention while doing this they're spending months just to add or fix very basic tools to their system. To a point where people talk about getting false login emails almost daily. I don't like their scummy practices for sure but I also want to know my account isnt going to be hijacked. Or be able to play the games I paid for if my internet drops for a period.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast