Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Yeah I don't. Like, I think the only mage out of all of those I have is Yuna, and then I have Terra, but none of the others are even leveled at all outside of their free eggs tossed on em. I've been leveling some FFXII chars (Ashe, Bosch and Balthier) with the weekend orbfest.

Ahh, sounds like you shouldn't be worry about ultimate at this point. Still need to focus on leveling more characters and hones

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    Ahh, sounds like you shouldn't be worry about ultimate at this point. Still need to focus on leveling more characters and hones
    Yeah, only way I think I"ll beat an ult is if I get lucky and have characters/strats enough to do it to rush them down (ala Rufus/Hojo and then the Tactics one) or spend a bit of mythril to buff myself when I die. That's how i powered through Rufus, spent like 5 extra mythril for the Phoenix bonus :<

I just wish I could get lucky and get a really good SB besides Agrias.. gosh if I'd gotten Tyro's wall. Unf. I still try my best with the Ultimates, though. Sometimes I can get lucky. I just think the ones that involve like.. 2-3 strong adds along with it make it tough.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Cid fight is super queer for someone without Lifesiphons... run out of healing/banishing strikes before I can finish him off.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Mastered u+ with full RS party

Spoiler: show

Very fortunate this is a realm that had both a capable TR and a capable SC user, plus between penelo's boostga medica and basch's shield SB, I was able to dish out pretty high damage with everyone. I did forget to level Vaan high enough to get the 5th hit on TR, so he only had 4 hits. I probably should have switched out Balthier for Ashe to spam dispel, as Basch was forced to spam banishing strike for most of the fight with little opportunity to get saint cross in.

Ignored rooks, just focused everything on cid with banishing strike as needed to dispel protect and regen.

EDIT: U mastered as well with full RS team

Spoiler: show

Egged Vaan but didn't verify his SPD with RS at 73 was high enough, and was short of a 5 hit TR by 1 point. Turns out he needed to go to 75 for that extra point of SPD.

Similar deal as the U+, ignored the adds aside from locking the top one down with confuse shell as that one spams water spout more than the others. Definitely the harder of the two fights given my resources.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Beat both the Ultimate fights today. I was expecting to struggle with these because my XII synergy is pretty crap, but I ended up getting full medals on both.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5