+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tablet Advice (iPad)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tablet Advice (iPad)

Hi all:

I have some credit (around $315) at Costco and noticed that they have the following:

iPad Air 2 (64 GB; $479)
    iPad Pro 9.7 in (128 GB; $729ish)

I have an iPad 2 currently that's going to be donated to some older relatives in the family.

I'm not quite sure if I should go with the Air 2 or the Pro. Pro seems like overkill for what I do on my tablet (mostly light browsing, some mobile games, or carrying it with me in lieu of the laptop when I'm traveling to read through work documents and such). However, I'm aware that the Air 2's been out a bit.

The iPad 2 lasted me quite a bit until it got wonky with the updates, but that's fixed.

Any thoughts? With the credit, I'm not paying that much out of pocket for the Air 2, but if the Pro's solid enough I'm willing to consider it. I've read up on all the specs and such online, but was wondering if anyone here had thoughts.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Air 2 is perfectly sufficient. No signs of Apple retiring it yet.

Pro is indeed good as it has all the bits of its larger brother but it also represents Apple's new iPad range going further. I'd buy it because it's newer and it has bigger storage options and I believe it has a superior camera than its big bro; not that it really matters here but just in case.

Both will do to your needs, but it's a factor if you want shinier tech, newer tech and such. Plus wallet.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

We have a 128gb Air 2 and zero issues with it. We did have an accident where the power button didn't work properly, and even though it was technically physical damage, they replaced it under warranty for us.