Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any recommendations on cold weather gear? Like armored jacket and pants that can go over my normal clothes and maybe
    heated gloves?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I’ve always hated riding in the cold, it’s awful. =(

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wearing like 4 jackets so my body is fine but face, legs, hands are frozen

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

You're essentially looking for wind breaker gear for cold weather riding.

Balaclava for helmet. Just look at what snowmobile riders wear under their helmets.

For jacket and legs, I use my Icon PDX rain gear. Amazing at breaking the wind and I keep nice and warm with appropriate gear underneath.

Gloves I haven't been able to find anything decent. I've tried heavier leather gloves, rain riding gloves, even winter mitts with the riding gloves squeezed inside. Heated grips with hand guards and big gloves seems to be what I see a lot of riders use around here in the cooler months.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I tried 2 pairs of heated gloves and both had red hot wires poking through the palm in one hand so back to doubling up regular gloves

also I finally got to ride again after about a month feelsgood

anyone use a helmet gopro mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    I tried 2 pairs of heated gloves and both had red hot wires poking through the palm in one hand so back to doubling up regular gloves

also I finally got to ride again after about a month feelsgood

anyone use a helmet gopro mount?
    I have a pair of battery powered heated gloves which aren't as warm as the heated gloves that plug into your bike but it's way better than any winter gloves I've tried (my hands get cold easily)

Other part I just layers (non-perforated leather jacket and regular motorcycle jeans) are warm enough for 40s degree days, any lower just isn't fun to ride anymore (possible ice on the road and less traction on your tires)

As for gopro mount, which camera do you have?

Just took my bike out for a spin yesterday and today and get the fluids and battery charging

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have a hero 6, I've tried chest mount but the angle is too low imo. I feel like chinmount would be ideal but all the ones I've seen have straps that go through the face hole and the visor won't seal with that right?

Also naisu bike

My wife has gopro session and she place that on her helmet chin area without much issue, as for goprohero there's video on YouTube on showing how to mount on your helmet either on chin or on the side, link - https://youtu.be/5hS_mW4efH0
    but I think it's a little too bulky for my taste.

For myself Ive been using contour roam for daily commute (I don't do vlog, just for insurance claim purpose if anything happened)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

those stick on arms always sketch me out, just seems like it would peel off but my camera did come with some and I'm sure I have enough pieces in one of those gopro attachment kits I bought to do like the video so I may try it. thanks

On an unrelated note when I was getting gas after my ride today I pumped next to a dude with something that had to look like this just BLARING FREEBIRD as loud as possible, I dont know what happened in his life to get him to that point but I hope he gets help

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Press F to pay respects

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

First and last time I ever change oil, coolant, or brake fluid on a vehicle. I'm like 5 days in and I've only gotten the oil done so far kek

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Finally got this thing reassembled 2 weeks ago after constant nightmares and struggles, broke one the pinch/clamp bolts off inside the triple tree and tried for days in vain to drill it out. Ended up having to buy a new/used triple tree off ebay and had to swap my ignition over.

My first baik I got used was in such good condition from the seller I didnt expect so many issues with this one as far as rusty bolts and shit but it runs fine now, I still need to do the brake fluid

/blogpost

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My first baik I got used was in such good condition from the seller I didnt expect so many issues with this one as far as rusty bolts and shit but it runs fine now, I still need to do the brake fluid
    Easy enough to take care of. Most owners looking to sell would have swapped them out initially. That's just laziness on the prior owner's part.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Easy enough to take care of. Most owners looking to sell would have swapped them out initially. That's just laziness on the prior owner's part.
    yeah I really got caught up in "omg I've desperately been looking for a red supersport for months and here it is" and overlooked quite a few issues (bent handlebar, generally poor maintenance, fairing damage, etc) but I am definitely enjoying it now.

the dude I bought it from was a total retard though, he was one of those people that was like YOU KNOW IF YOU'RE GOING OVER 100 THE POLICE LEGALLY CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO YOU LOL and he had never signed the title over to his name or registered the bike >_>