1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
    I guess diadem is gonna stay dead. I can fish in peace
    We'll probably get info on that in Part 2, though the impression I got (and I couldn't tell you where from) was that they just be adding an entirely new instance to send the airships to (and I seem to remember them saying it would be called something other than The Diadem, with that name being specific to that instance), and Diadem itself will just remain as-is.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

whoever is running the SE twitter, many claps for you
    https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status...820608/photo/1

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

those weapons that are literally nothing but glow

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fil...Sword_Skin.jpg

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    So, it was guessable before, but with the 3.3 dungeon announcement, it's pretty obvious they're hardmode-ing the 2.x dungeons in order.
    So 3.4 will be Snowcloak, and 3.5 will be Keeper of the Lake.
    I think this is also the first time they've mentioned a 3.5.

I also suspect 3.5 will be going beneath the Agrius wreckage to the broken Seal of whatever Midgardsormr had been protecting that sparked the widespread Primal summoning; either way the return to the Keeper should be fucking badass and if it's not much upset

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I think this is also the first time they've mentioned a 3.5.

I also suspect 3.5 will be going beneath the Agrius wreckage to the broken Seal of whatever Midgardsormr had been protecting that sparked the widespread Primal summoning; either way the return to the Keeper should be fucking badass and if it's not much upset
    Now that they're done with the yo-kai stuff, they probably have enough resources to do something good, unless they have something else that's been sucking em up lol. Now that primals are regulated to "side story" content, it's probably going to be something you'll have to do for the inevitable new line of primals in 4.0.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    those weapons that are literally nothing but glow

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fil...Sword_Skin.jpg
    The community wants glowing shit, so cut time on making a texture just throw a null visual with tons of light sources on it and call it a day.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Now that they're done with the yo-kai stuff, they probably have enough resources to do something good
    It's amazing how even the most cynical of us keep falling into this trap literally every patch.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    It's amazing how even the most cynical of us keep falling into this trap literally every patch.
    Yep, there's that little hope they may actually wake up and realize something isn't right and this game needs more "middle" content that's lasting (and not just lasting because you can't do shit with it for a week lol)..but then again we'll probably find out they've been working on a pokemon cross-over for the last year because Ken Sugimori happens to be a fan of XIV and ran Ifrit story mode once.

I just really hope that Deep Dungeon weapon isn't a glorified glamour stick they're forcing us to clog our inventory with items over.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah. Someone asked me what I thought of the liveletter.

Same shit, different number. (XXIX). 24 man raid. New "experimental" faceroll content to suplement Hunts/Diadem as the way to get top end gear. New Primal. Bunch of glamour stuff.

I want to hope some of the new battle content is actually difficult, but at this point that hoping for it is a waste of energy.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Yeah. Someone asked me what I thought of the liveletter.

Same shit, different number. (XXIX). 24 man raid. New "experimental" faceroll content to suplement Hunts/Diadem as the way to get top end gear. New Primal. Bunch of glamour stuff.

I want to hope some of the new battle content is actually difficult, but at this point that hoping for it is a waste of energy.
    I wouldn't bother with difficulty beyond that of maybe your typical Extreme Primal. I'd rather they ensure that this shit is actually fun to do, or at least rewarding (and not in the widly ranging RNG secondaries way that Diadem was). It'd be nice if it remained relevant for longer than a two patch cycle, but that'll probably never change prior to 4.0.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mid-core content in XIV with the vertical progression feels like it'd have to be shit that doesn't obsolete the prior tier, but makes it easier to go through it and catch up to the current one. Have you farm base gear via tokens+rng in one content update, then upgrade it/customize it to something better in the next, and so forth, rather than flat out replacing it with each tier reset with no pre-req.

Expand further on it with an expansion pack and possibly reset the gear progression from there, or have some form of head-start system like we did with Anima. They need to stop wasting time blowing resources on one-off content when they can easily expand/recycle.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    I wouldn't bother with difficulty beyond that of maybe your typical Extreme Primal. I'd rather they ensure that this shit is actually fun to do, or at least rewarding (and not in the widly ranging RNG secondaries way that Diadem was). It'd be nice if it remained relevant for longer than a two patch cycle, but that'll probably never change prior to 4.0.
    Extreme Primal difficulty would be fine. That wouldn't be faceroll. Now ideally i'd rather have more savage level content too, but I think it would be healthier for the game to have that prioritised.

It just seems like SE are completely against having more than 2 current end game gearsets. Diadem in some respects was a nice change, but they were a step above anything else due to the aetherial stats - and it made Void Ark gear worthless.

Just make it so that whatever the equivalent to diadem drops 230 gear with a different set of stats to Midas/Lore/Void Ark. Make Void ark and this next set upgradable with upgrade items. Up the lore cap to 900.

Allows people to play other roles if they wish in farming raids/switch roles - meaning more people playing. Allows people to catch up if they've been away.

I will say that it is nice they are making more battle-system content.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Square has a huge oppertunity to do some wild experiments with Deep Dungeon. The community wants passive buffs to skills and traits and such from gear and its been asked several times in the past. Deep Dungeons would allow them to introduce unique sets that could be powerful outside of Deep Dungeon. While inside Deep Dungeon grant passive buffs such as Haste which would affect auto attack speeds, and TP regen tic rates. Refresh for increased MP regen tics and tic rates, Enmity+, Enmity-, weapon skill potency + and magic attack potency +, Restore Potency +, Cooldown Reduction %, Etc.

This would probably be the best controlled enviornment for them to test these kinds of buffs to see just what the community would focus on using per piece of gear, making adjustments to them in the controlled enviornment and then come 4.0 start to pepper them into gear pieces. Possibly making them available through new materias that only have a tier 1 or tier 2 level and can only be slapped in the 5th forbidden slot of melds(on crafted gear) and only allow 1 forbidden meld on raid/tome gear with a success rate equal to that of a 5th slot forbidden meld.

I know this oppertunity will probably be completly missed and it will just face roll after the first 10 minutes of the patch going live but the idea and concept idea behind something like that would pave the way for a much more diverse future of the game, or at least having better alternatives to what we have currently. It would be the best playground they could give the players while not having to waste the time and resources to perform the tests and balances behind the scenes before actually considering anything to be a real scenario option.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hope that the dungeon at least presents some kind of challenge in that, eventually, it really just becomes nigh impossible to win. But I fear that they will just linearly increase the HP of the mobs at the deeper parts to create the "endless" part.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    I know this oppertunity will probably be completly missed
    I really hope there's at least someone at SE that looks at the game the way many of us do. There's a million ways to make progression/character customization more entertaining/fun, but so far they've mostly chosen to repeat the same formula to float on the casual subscriptions.

They experimented with Diadem, and IMO it's mostly a failure. Shitty content because of when it was implemented, and now it's just gathering/maybe materia farm and the majority of it's setup is ignored. Deep Dungeon feels like chapter 2 of their experiments, and at least it SOUNDS promising.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

On a random note... maybe I should try going to one of these fate events... its actually not very far from where I live... >.>

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I really hope there's at least someone at SE that looks at the game the way many of us do. There's a million ways to make progression/character customization more entertaining/fun, but so far they've mostly chosen to repeat the same formula to float on the casual subscriptions.

They experimented with Diadem, and IMO it's mostly a failure. Shitty content because of when it was implemented, and now it's just gathering/maybe materia farm and the majority of it's setup is ignored. Deep Dungeon feels like chapter 2 of their experiments, and at least it SOUNDS promising.
    Now if only yoshida would go back on his "We have the ability to do "legacy" items but due to the risk of player exclusion we don't want to do it."

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Holy fucking hell that's gd ozma

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Never forget.