+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

There is no reason they had to make the actress CGI. Another classic anime ruined. >.>

Edit: Not rated R. No thanks.

BG Level

Battle Angel Alita Manga Creator Reacts to Live-Action Film's Eyes, Scenery
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...cenery/.135345

I'm surprised he likes it.

New trailer. Eyes still look awful. Just makes me think back to Looper. Why do creators think this is a good idea? lol

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    this is creepy chan

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

it definitely looks like they did some more post production work on her eyes. it's still disconcerting but its less like a dick in a punchbowl.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

To me it looks like they are just putting out trailers to make her eyes a few pixies smaller each time so they don't admit a full rollback on it.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

That trailer was pretty awesome. Not gonna front. The eyes aren’t as fucking awkward looking as originally revealed now.

BG Level

yeah, she kills one dude by stabbing him in the throat with his own arm. i'm, um, probably going to watch this.

BG Level

I might give it a chance now. Along with the four other people that will be in the theater. >.>

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New International Trailer

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

God damn that looks amazing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

it does?

BG Level

Yep. And my opinion is the only one that matters.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

If only she didn't look like a creepy Bratz doll.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I see at least a full hour worth of shit I won't want to see judging from the trailer. Can't wait for the only good parts to be jammed into the last 25 minutes.

BG Level

So plot from what we can tell is: She was a cyborg warrior during earlier wars -> "died" and fell to earth -> recovered later on by scientist -> gets involved with some form of resistance (I assume something to do with cyborg rights or some inequality in the system) -> is part of a race / competition / battle that's mostly for sport, but in this case is a key move for the resistance, for which she's now a key player.

Ya'll can hate, but it looks beautiful, with some great action scenes, and has a top notch cast and director / producer.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

It looks like it’s going to deliver some dope ass action scenes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    It looks like it’s going to deliver some dope ass action scenes.
    With just as much cringe. I’m pumped for the action though.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    So plot from what we can tell is: She was a cyborg warrior during earlier wars -> "died" and fell to earth -> recovered later on by scientist -> gets involved with some form of resistance (I assume something to do with cyborg rights or some inequality in the system) -> is part of a race / competition / battle that's mostly for sport, but in this case is a key move for the resistance, for which she's now a key player.

Ya'll can hate, but it looks beautiful, with some great action scenes, and has a top notch cast and director / producer.
    If only there was some illustrated book that would let us know

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post

Alita is actually a Japanese Manga called Gunnm. It's one of the longest Magna's out there, started in 1990 and it's still going on today. There was also an Anime made in the early 90's. So there is lots of source material to look for. James Cameron decided to title it Alita: Battle Angel, because all his movies are with T’s or A’s.

Gunnm is such a weird and wonderful manga, it's very strange, but I like it a lot. It's important to me in ways that other more mainstream works aren't, even ones I absolutely love in a lot of ways. A lot of people were Ghost in the Shell fans, I never was - never got into it or watched much of it at all. But I was a fan of Battle Angel and got really into the manga later, and in the same way that those fans were looking forwards to a GotS film, I feel that way about the Alita film. I just hope I can enjoy it, I didn't hear a lot of good things about the GotS film (still haven't seen it myself).

Incidentally re. her eyes, yes, they're meant to be that big and creepy doll-like, it's not just 'because anime'. In the manga people comment on it as well. It's one aspect of her character, how she was initially moulded into being this ornament for the scientist who rebuilt her, something she eventually rebels against by becoming the bad-ass hunter-warrior that she is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast