+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Saw it yesterday, it was pretty good. I await the sequel.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

beautifully animated, excellent fights, very true to the source material stylistically, gore toned down significantly though.

very melodramatic, hammy bullshit drama melodrama over the top. very true to the source material also. whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on you.

still a solid watch. they really needed to cut out 45 minutes or make it 45 minutes longer.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Domestic box office over the long weekend is 42mil against a 170mil budget. It was number one, but didn't have any competition, and doesn't have any directly until Captain Marvel (though HTTYD3 is gonna take the spot when it comes out.)
    If people keep going "Hey, it's worth seeing", it might have legs and hit budget, but it's gonna be difficult. Spiderverse is better, and had half the budget.

Though, it's worldwide box office is decent so far, and it hasn't opened in Japan or China yet. It might be able to pull a Maze Runner and get a sequel on the international box office. (Though Maze Runner had an even smaller budget than Spiderverse.)

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I can see this doing well in China where the real money is made.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I thought it was great. I remember watching the original in high school.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just saw the movie, didn't enjoy it very much. Beautiful visuals. Action scenes were hard to follow. Love story shouldn't have existed. Lotta bad acting imo. If you went into with low expectations then you'll probably tolerate it. Went in for robots fighting and got a convoluted mess that didn't do anything to get me to care about any of the characters including the main character.

I'm a pretty tolerant dude and I wanted to walk out.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Alita: Battle Angel (February 14, 2019)

Just got out of it. As others have said, visuals were gorgeous but god damn the story and script were all over the place. Then you have the characters who were happy, pissed, and confused all the time and I’m not exactly sure they knew why. Best character was probably the doggo Hunter.

And man, my homeboy Christoph Waltz broke my heart. Dude completely phoned it in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Saw it last night. It was a hot mess. I liked Alita even though she was kind of dry as a character, and surprisingly the eyes didn't bother me after about 10 min into the film, but holy damn that went on waay too long and really said nothing. None of the characters really hit home (except I'm going to agree with Xno, dog hunter was amazing. Should've fleshed his character out more) and I don't even remember anyone's name in the film.

Cut the love interest completely out, expand on the father/daughter relationship a bit more, and tighten up a few scenes and it would be decent.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

2nd weekend pull of $12m, a 58% drop. Upside is china opened to $65m, though downside is Japan was only $3m. Looking highly likely any trilogy hopes are crushed at this point. a 58% drop is rough.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Saw this during my flight to Baltimore. Picking it up ASAP to help make a sequel happen

Rented it on Youtube today. I liked it quite a bit but yeah the love interest should've been left out and instead they should've focused on father/daughter relationship. I thought Alita was charming and didn't mind the CGI eyes. I didn't like the rollerball shit at all. I'd go and see a sequel if they make one.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I had no idea this was going to be a sports movie lol, wtf

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Just saw it, first off what the eff at the cast, you're gonna put Christof Waltz, Mahershala Ali, and Edward Norton in the same movie and never have them interact with one another?

Anyway it was kind of frustrating. I really liked it but I wanted to LOVE it and it never crossed that threshold for me because every time I got sucked in by some element I wanted to see more of, the story moved on trying to fit all of its plot into 2 hours. It has convinced me to seek out the manga and read that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was on board for like the first hour and thought this is actually pretty great and than it kind of just fizzled out

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Just saw it, first off what the eff at the cast, you're gonna put Christof Waltz, Mahershala Ali, and Edward Norton in the same movie and never have them interact with one another?

Anyway it was kind of frustrating. I really liked it but I wanted to LOVE it and it never crossed that threshold for me because every time I got sucked in by some element I wanted to see more of, the story moved on trying to fit all of its plot into 2 hours. It has convinced me to seek out the manga and read that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I think it could've likely done a better job at fitting in it's plot and more of those interesting things... if it didn't spend half the movie trying to develop the whole I fell for the first boy I met thing

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Man I want a sequel so bad but no one is going to go see this again.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

As much as I'd love to see this on the big screen since I missed the chance I'm iffyy given the COVID situation in South Dakota.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Man I want a sequel so bad but no one is going to go see this again.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Especially during a pandemic lol