Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Wasn't into any Netflix Marvel or really anything non main movie line at all. Using One from Metallica alone sold me, but fuck that was a great trailer gonna make the wife watch too.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Loved the movie way back when, never read the comics (or any comic for that matter). Trailer has me hype

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Even if you havent seen anything else, I would recommend watching DD2 just cus half that season is basically the punisher kicking ass.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since a few haven't watched it, there's a few collections of clips and scenes that'll help give you an idea of what they were willing to have him do in DD. I'm personally a fan of the grittier side that they show. Spoilers of course, and I'd still recommend watching the entirety of the series instead of just the clips.

Spoiler: show

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So hyped for this.

Using one for the trailer was awesome, i loved the little touch they added though and used the gun sounds in place of the percussion track(for at least the beginning of the trailer).

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sort of confused
    didn't they establish his family was killed in the cross fire of the DA's drug bust gone wrong, so what's this subplot about his family now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Sort of confused
    didn't they establish his family was killed in the cross fire of the DA's drug bust gone wrong, so what's this subplot about his family now?

I don't really remember myself but from reading the MCU wiki it seems when Frank is getting ready to murder the guy responsible for his family deaths he hints they were killed as a result of Frank not joining his drug trade and the crossfire story was a cover.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Should be noted they announced the date at the end: November 17, 2017.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post

Should be noted they announced the date at the end: November 17, 2017.
    I see the weirdly hot blond moley chick from daredevil is in it too. Sweet

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I see the weirdly hot blond moley chick from daredevil is in it too. Sweet
    weirdly hot moley chick he says.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0dBdQhQ

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I don't get the point of the early reviews. They never see the whole series, and Netflix has this strong tendency to start slow and finish strong.

Half the reviews are people looking to score political points, and half of what's left don't understand comics and so are ill-suited to to judge a translation (though it can definitely be argued that that's a failure to reach a broader audience).

Anywho, starting now.

dunno luke cage started ok and ended terribly. iron fist was a shit show all the way through and i couldnt make myself finish the defenders :/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    dunno luke cage started ok and ended terribly. iron fist was a shit show all the way through and i couldnt make myself finish the defenders :/
    I'll agree that Luke Cage was strongest in the middle, and went to left field to finish. And Iron Fist was... off. Like the whole time through I felt its skeleton was strong, but they fleshed it out so horribly. Defenders I enjoyed more than Luke Cage. But Daredevil didn't pick up until several episodes in, and just kept amping up. Same with Jessica Jones. I'd say the same for the first couple seasons of House of Cards, and for Marco Polo. Stranger Things started fast, slowed down, and then amped up to a slow, steady boil in season 1. Season 2 amped up (minus the weird Chicago episode that should have been either removed or 1-2 episodes earlier).

They spend a lot of time setting up the side characters and establishing the metaplot (part of why Luke Cage failed so hard in the end, I think, was that they spent the first half setting something great off, then aborted it and shifted gears without warning. I think they were trying for a plot twist, but it was just a plot train derailment).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

4 episodes in. It is better than IF, but it doesn't feel compelling the way DD and JJ did.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    4 episodes in. It is better than IF, but it doesn't feel compelling the way DD and JJ did.
    Really? It's grabbed me hard. 7 episodes in. It's at least on par with Daredevil for me, and so far, I think, better. Early on, I felt that a huge strength of the show was how much Castle got to be both the hero and the villain. Then the intro to episode 8 happened, and I feel like I need a shower.

all i can say is sgt jay landsman is lookin SVELTE nowadays, he must have lost 200 pounds since he was on the wire

Aside from the first 95% of the first episode being somewhat irrelevant, and the last episode having some "Ok, wtf..." moments, I'd say it's a pretty solid showing. Everything in-between far surpassed my expectations. Tough call between this and DD s1 for my #1 spot.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Really enjoying this, but the voice of DHS woman's mother.. it's just like ahhh! Then I figured it out, she is the VA of Lakshmi-2 in Destiny 2 and Admiral Shala'Raan vas Tonbay in the Mass Effect series.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Isn't that the U.N. Secretary from The Expanse?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast