BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lolwutt View Post
    as well as the GTX 1080. Plenty of reports on FFXIAH to suggest that the 1070 is fine as well, so Nvidia's newest architecture are likely all ok.
    1070/1080 still have problems, but less pronounced. Windows does not seem to have to restart the GPU itself, rather just the driver software, which doesn't crash XI. You'll notice that every once in a while you'll get a 2-5 second hang where video cuts out but audio continues to play normally, I suspect that this is the graphics driver being restarted, or at the very least recovering from some sort of error.

I know whenever I do get errors with XI, they tend to be whole-PC-restart enforcing. Sometimes I hear a beep like the driver crashed/rebooting, but most of the time I just get visual hang and then a short amount of the audio data just repeating until I kill the system. Annoyingly, the windows event log never seems to catch these, only my manual power-down. So, I can't even really point to a potentially specific aspect of the card behavior.

Most frequently, however, it seems to be the direct result of too much combat graphics going off at once. So, if I'm doing something like WSing at the same time a mob attacks with BRD songs landing and maybe some white magic like a cure/buff, I'm flirting with disaster even if I have various graphics disabled in-game. It's annoying since it isn't 100% predictable, but I can't say I'm sold on it being a heat/power issue even though those certainly are risk factors the more you have going on.

Really, I think it's just more driver shit for me, and as noted, SE not keeping up on compatibility probably isn't doing us any favors.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    1070/1080 still have problems, but less pronounced. Windows does not seem to have to restart the GPU itself, rather just the driver software, which doesn't crash XI. You'll notice that every once in a while you'll get a 2-5 second hang where video cuts out but audio continues to play normally, I suspect that this is the graphics driver being restarted, or at the very least recovering from some sort of error.
    Haven't seen that yet with the 1080, after a week of having 12 characters logged in on it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Win10, i7 1070 here, and I can confirm this statement. No crashes, but it will freeze for 2-5 seconds, maybe every 30/45mins, not enough to be an issue so far.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I recently installed Windows 10 and was getting lots of crashes while dual-boxing on my i5-4460 + GTX 760 with the 36x.xx drivers (can't remember which version exactly). Anyway, I updated to 372.70 and installed the Intel chipset drivers (here) and my crashes are way down, it will go days without crashing either instance. My CPU and GPU never get over 50c, so it's not heat-related. Anyway, if anyone is on Intel+nvidia, try the combo above, it might help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4