Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fallen Order is officially a Metroidvania.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Picked this up Thursday. Beat it today. Loved it!

91% with zero interest in going back for the rest of it but I was like wow that’s a lot of red doors and walls on my map surely I’m missing some type of droid upgrade I’ll get towards the end. Then the last planet is the imperial planet and I’m like oh this makes sense I’ll probably get some type of ability here that lets BD1 will be able to open the imperial doors.

Then the game ends and I’m like welp. That’s all she wrote I guess.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Most of the red doors and walls are from story upgrades from Your droid and force powers. There are some missable upgrades but nothing that prevents exploration

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you’re talking about slicing, its pretty easy to miss. I forgot which planet it was but I ended up having to go back and get it because they didn’t make it super obvious during the mission like some upgrades.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah slicing you get early but I can see someone missing it which wow that would suck lmao

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I thought you were required to get the ability to unlock a story door, close to where the upgrade is. Maybe I was wrong

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I dont recall ever using it for story progress, only for shortcuts back thru the levels.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Plenty of forgettable doors in that game tho lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Idk I looked the upgrades up and I had every possible BD1 and force upgrade you could get. Still lots of walls or doors in red.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

By the time you finish that sand planet you can visit every single location in the game, so you musta missed something.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I was just confused with how the map worked I guess. There were a lot of puzzles or doors that turned green as I encountered new abilities that were formerly red. When I looked back at a lot of the planets maps many doors were still red. So I figured maybe I don’t have all the abilities.

For example on Ilum right after you build your saber you end up in an imperial base area. There’s a red door there that I couldn’t open. I guess there must’ve been a way around to the other side of it that I didn’t explore hard enough. I just kept on moving. But on the map the door is red.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The holomap was the hardest thing for me to get down right. Especially when you’re deep into the zones but once you figure it out its easier to see the alternate pathways that exist to get around, there was only one door on Kashyyk I think with a massive elevator and a door at bottom I could never get to open. But it’s just a poncho skin I think so meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

https://www.pcgamer.com/lucasfilm-wa...-and-blasters/

Lucasfilm wanted Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order to be about bounty hunters and blasters

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order would have had a very different name and focus if Lucasfilm got its way when Respawn initially pitched the Force-powered action game. According to game director Stig Asmussen, the company had to be convinced to green-light a game about lightsabers and Jedi.

In a recent episode of the AIAS Game Maker's podcast, Asmussen chatted about the game's development and discussed the difficulties that stem from dealing with the people who control the universes' reins. Lucasfilm was protective, especially of the Jedi.

"I pitched, 'Hey what if we do a game about Jedi and Force powers,'" he recalled. "They were not super comfortable with that. They threw it back, 'What about blasters or bounty hunters?'"

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Then they can just throw whatever was built of Star Wars 1313 over to EA to finish up then.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Although I'm sure Respawn would've done a great job with their pitch, I'm really glad they stuck to their guns. Fallen Order is fantastic.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I could see a bounty hunter game being a lot of fun. Either a 1p/3p linear-ish type of game or a more open world game. That could have a lot of potential

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

No doubt were getting a mandalorian game in time for season 3 or 4.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    No doubt were getting a mandalorian game in time for season 3 or 4.

it'll probably be rushed and not great, unless it's an "EA" game thats tackled by another studio like fallen order is. Either way, i'm a sucker and will probably buy in.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

v1.07

Fixes & Improvements
    • We’ve fixed an issue where Bounty Hunters would sometimes get stuck in Zeffo.
    • Not only was the Photomode camera able to explode rockets, it could interact with trigger volumes within the levels that could potentially break the game. We’ve fixed this to ensure that you can continue playing the game after using Photomode. Unfortunately, this also means that rockets will be unaffected by the camera moving forward.
    • There was a bug that was causing one of the elevators in the last level to have a tendency of disappearing. It should now be present at all times.
    • We’ve improved collision on Ilum.
    • Our language translations have been updated.
    • There was an issue where some text was overlapping in Photomode for specific screen ratios. That has been fixed.
    • The Albino Wyyyschokk tactical guide entry wasn’t appearing for all users, this should now be fixed.
    • We’ve fixed Gorgara having a tendency to disappear at specific times on Dathomir.

Content
    • Pre-order content has now been unlocked for all players. This content includes:
      • Orange Lightsaber Blade Color
      • Mygeeto Campaign Lightsaber Hilt
      • Umbaran Campaign Lightsaber Hilt
      • Bee-D-1 Skin
      • Gold Squadron Stinger Mantis Skin

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server