+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

With the timeline and Pete's age, it kind of makes sense. By the time he comes to being experienced like the comics, she'll be aged and older. In the meantime, I think a bangin' Aunt May is a much welcomed deviation.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Just had a thought: Peter's induction to Team Stank is going to be interesting for his upcoming film depending on where in the timeline it occurs. Iirc, all of the MCU titles have been progressive, and if that's the case, he might be outed as Spidey unless the Sokovia Accords have special exemptions for minors or him in particular, especially in his high school years, which would be super interesting.

Also, I wasn't really able to catch what was blinking in his little watch hologram (web shooters?) at the post-credits scene. Did anyone catch what he was smiling about?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I loved the part where Ant-Man whips out the miniature truck, Cap throws the whatchamacallit that makes things normal sized again and it turns out to be a fuel truck.

"Yeah, I thought that was a water truck." lol

Also if there was any doubt Cap wasn't superhuman, I'll point people to the scene where Cap holds a helicopter from taking off while the camera soaks up his rippling biceps.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post

Also, I wasn't really able to catch what was blinking in his little watch hologram (web shooters?) at the post-credits scene. Did anyone catch what he was smiling about?
    It was the Spider-Man logo spotlight they used to use in the comics

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

2 words. Tony Stank.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yeah, there was something on the upper right of his emblem that was blinking as well though. I just couldn't make out if it was an Avengers signal or what.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

it's kinda funny that civil war comic is about registration and revealing identities and the movie everyone's identity is known worldwide. other than spidey and panther.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Yeah, there was something on the upper right of his emblem that was blinking as well though. I just couldn't make out if it was an Avengers signal or what.
    It looked like a sorta smartwatch setup, with the spiderman logo in the middle. Kind of like a PDA for web slingers lol.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Saw it tonight. I think it has edged out Winter Soldier as my favorite Marvel movie. I want to type out a longer critique of it but it's late and the movie is still swirling around in my head. A few things I want to say though.

The airport fight scene was worth double the price of the movie.

I guess I'm the only one who is glad Cap didn't die at the end. That was tramatic enough for me in the comic and I didn't want to see it again.

The actor who played Black Panther did a really good job and every scene he was in was great.

New Spiderman is best Spiderman.

After Tony found out the truth and went to meet up with Steve and Buckey I wondered what was going to make them fight again sinse they were all buddies again. When Zemo shows them the video and you realize it was Buckey who killed Tony's parents I nearly yelled out, "OH SHIT!!" in the theather.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fight between Cap and Iron Man after Buckey got taken out. It was very true to the comic.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

What I wrote in the other thread:

watching Tony see his parents being murdered was brutal. They'd hinted that Bucky was the perpetrator in Winter Soldier but I didn't think they'd actually show it.

I marvelled (heh) at young RDJ, and enjoyed the final showdown between Cap and IM. I was pretty much Team IM throughout the film.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

What an enjoyable movie. The Russo brothers know how to make some action scenes. I am soooooo happy with the portrayal of Black Panther. He kicked so much ass it wasn't even funny. Whenever he would land from a fall or something, the sound was so fucking light, if there was any sound at all! The scene where Panther was walking to the car and one of his royal guard was walking out in front of him was great. She looked fantastic really. Also Spidey was amazing in this movie, just all around fun and they showcased just how strong Spidey is which is also great. To me the real fucking villian of the film was fucking Thunderbolt Ross. He just gave me the vibe that he was letting all his past failures with the Hulk guide him.

Also, it looks like they are going down the Wanda+Vision road which could turn into something very interesting later if they play it right. A fucking fantastic start to the final phase of the first Marvel Saga. Bring on Dr. Strange!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fucking loved it. Everyone did great, even enjoyed Zemo as a villian. He's alive, so they can bring him back if they want, and all he did in this movie was push everyone into fighting eachother. Which was good, if they had him wake up the super soldiers and have this big fight in the end, it would have taken away from the Civil War aspect of the movie. Fucking Loved everything Spidey said. Especially his talks with Tony and Steve, where he's essentially saying everything Steve has been saying the whole time.

Also Loved that they addressed the terrible ending to Iron Man 3 where he blew up his suits, and then had a bunch more in his very next movie (ultron).

Questions

Where is Cap's team now? I thought when he was talking to BP, he said only Bucky was staying in Wakanda.

Who is left in the Tony's Avengers? Tony, Vision... Spiderman, and thats it?

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Loved it. Best Marvel movie yet. Amazing how they had so many characters and yet everyone got enough screen time. Christ, when Widow asked Tony where his back up was and it cut to Queens, I just about jumped out of my chair.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Movie was great. This thread however is fucking retarded. Move this shit to poopdeck. You guys suck.

#TeamIronman

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Movie was great. This thread however is fucking retarded. Move this shit to poopdeck. You guys suck.

#TeamIronman
    More like #teamcouldntbeatpeopledespitebeinginpowerarmor

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Spider-man was just fucking excellent because he's still green, only 6 months since the incident, and asking stark about what to do was great.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Spider-man was just fucking excellent because he's still green, only 6 months since the incident, and asking stark about what to do was great.
    "You have the right to remain silent... um..."

Falcon: You must be new at this. There isn't this much talking during a fight.
    Spider-Man: Oh, ok.
    *Proceeds to kick Falcon's ass*

Fucking best.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    "You have the right to remain silent... um..."

Falcon: You must be new at this. There isn't this much talking during a fight.
    Spider-Man: Oh, ok.
    *Proceeds to kick Falcon's ass*

Fucking best.
    Spidey jumping on the terminal and bucky saying "What the hell is that?" and falcon saying "everyone's got a gimmick" perfect

Man I really cannot wait for the solo movie now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Loved it. 5/7.

Spiderman and ant man were as funny as Deadpool. All the characters meshed so well and as far as I'm concerned the Russo brothers can direct every Marvel movie.

Question: Was the blue blood in Howard's trunk Kree? If it was, where did he get it from? My girlfriend asked and I don't have the answer. I thought it was maybe covered in agents of shield but I just can't recall.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nah, I think it was a derivative of super soldier serum, it was also blue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast