+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Everyone going nuts for the Airport fight and I'm over here thinking the Apartment fight and the Iron Man "I just learned Kung Fu" moment were just as dope. Every fight scene in this movie was fantastic to be honest.
    Which is kinda funny since he already knew a bit about his fighting abilities when he told Spidey to go for his legs. Should've replicated web shooters!

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I will say though, the one part of the movie that went over my head was how Cap knew about Stark's parents' murder. Where did he learn that from? It was Hydra that gave the order to Bucky, right?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

bucky might have told him. capt knew his father, bucky knows cap. bucky said he remembers all his victims

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I don't recall it being explicitly linked to Bucky, but during Winter Soldier, when Cap and Black Widow meet Zola, he says something about how they eliminated those who interfered with Hydra's plans and they show a scene about the Starks dying in a car crash.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

>We haven't met yet. I'm Clint.
    >I don't care.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hahaha. BP gave very little fucks at all. Very well done.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I don't know much about Black Panther other than the short animated mini-series, but his portrayal was ridiculously bad ass.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Me either but damn son he had some bombs to drop.

"We'll find the ones who did this."

"Do not bother. I will kill him myself."

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Oh man. I got chills with the first post-credit scene.

"You know they'll come if they knew we were here."

"Let them come." - Pan to confirm they're in Wakanda.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I don't know much about Black Panther other than the short animated mini-series, but his portrayal was ridiculously bad ass.
    Kind of a tl;dr version

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Saw it Friday. DC should just hang it up after this. Perfect mix of action, suspense, comedy, and feels. I liked how it seemed to be going the typical "we gotta stop the villain from getting the weapon and save da world" to "he just wants you all dead." Revenge motive is obviously nothing new, but I felt they pulled it off nicely.

-Black Panther was the shit

-Spidey was great. Marisa Tomei is still a fox.

-Awkward Vision was funny.

-Ant Man and Spiderman stole the airport scene.

-Mucho feels for Tony watching his parents get rekt.

-Those fight scenes tho

-"package for Tony Stank."

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Regarding Zemo's motivations, the man didn't just want no more avengers, he wanted no more supers. Why else would he spend so much time tracking down the other Winter Soldiers only to kill them. The dude wanted no more mutants. And I can respect that. He was the reaction of the world who watched it go insane after all these super powered freaks started popping up.

When everything clicked in my mind and they showed the car scene and iron man looking on, I hurt. I hurt a lot because I knew what a gut punch that was going to be, and I knew how the movie was going to play out. That was by far the best twist they could have done. All the character motivations made perfect sense to me.

EDIT: Also from what I understand from my comic friends, the light from the last post credits scene is Spidy's old flashlight he used to have in the comics. It was retarded and they eventually forgot about it.

E. Body
    BG Level

Surprised it didn't tie in the events of shield some how and lead into the (inhuman) registration act, but kinda glad they went a different route.
    Totally expected Ant-man to be the one to die, once he went giant-mode. Surprised nobody died. And surprised Vision didn't get any of the blame for hitting Rhody...
    Cap's argument was pretty thin at first (117 countries man....) , but then was justified (to me) when he found out Wanda was being detained.
    Spidey and Ant-man were fucking fantastic! Kinda sad Spidey didn't switch sides, but for the purposes of this movie, he didn't have any any real reason to.
    Could've used some Punisher...

Great movie overall.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Saw it Friday. DC should just hang it up after this. Perfect mix of action, suspense, comedy, and feels. I liked how it seemed to be going the typical "we gotta stop the villain from getting the weapon and save da world" to "he just wants you all dead." Revenge motive is obviously nothing new, but I felt they pulled it off nicely.

-Black Panther was the shit

-Spidey was great. Marisa Tomei is still a fox.

-Awkward Vision was funny.

-Ant Man and Spiderman stole the airport scene.

-Mucho feels for Tony watching his parents get rekt.

-Those fight scenes tho

-"package for Tony Stank."

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    100% agree with everything here.

Loved this movie so much. Its now #2 after Avengers for me. BP was amazing, and the new kid Spidey is also my favorite. He was better than all the previous Spidermans combined. Ant man was great too.

Just watched the movie. I particularly liked the scenes involving Wanda and Vision.

Wish there was more Carter though. For a CA movie she was in very few scenes.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Just watched the movie. I particularly liked the scenes involving Wanda and Vision.

Wish there was more Carter though. For a CA movie she was in very few scenes.
    If you didn't watch Winter Soldier, that whole kiss scene would seem hella outta place especially with the whole framing of Cap having feels for Peggy, who kinda died. lol

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

As a non comic reader/follower, how are the movies going to patch up to the next Avengers? Assuming everyone becomes friends again; do they just drop their differences and team up to fight the inter-galactic threat coming at them? Looking at the timeline there are no further Cap/Iron Man movies and instead they focus on other things until Avengers 3.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Probably the fallout from Thor: Ragnarok (which is rumored to have Hulk involvement), Doctor Strange, GotG 2, and Spider-man (which will feature Iron Man) will move all the pieces together to set up Infinity War.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I can see them having to team up to stop the big threat then working out their differences in those battles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I can see the end of avengers 3 being a bigger version of the assemble scene from the first one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast