+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Baigon dropped a major dark orb for me. Also, either Baigon or the arms can inflict blind.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

His arms are also vulnerable to KO/Break.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Lesson learned... Don't have Blood of the Espers RM for Baigon. Fucking blasted P. Cecil's face for 9999 blizzaja one go around when it double casted.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Fucking Baigan.. I hated this fight on core, and now I have to relive it again for the event... this guy cheats like hell.. -_-;

And to add, Baigan with zero synergy sucks ass... -_-;;;;;;

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, so..... no synergy at all. I beat 110 Baigan with 6 medals lost. 2 on actions, 1 on damage taken, and 3 on the arms. One arm survived the AoE by like 1%, and the 2nd one was pretty low too, but I had like 2 more SB's going off right after the SB that killed the body and damaged both arms. So I figured I had enough time ti wipe them out before they get a turn an explode, NO, this version the arms explode INSTANTLY after the body dies if they even have 1 HP left, not on their next turn.

Than, I move on to 120 Odin, and comepletely assrape it, NO SYNERGY, what's wrong with this picture?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll explain, Odin was way easier.

I really hate the gimmicky fight in 4 in general and yeah I got hurt by the instant regen of the arms on this one too so had to really pay attention to what I was targeting and AOE SB.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Baigan gave me the most trouble too. Just setting up the arms to die and kill the torso in one turn is very much a headache.

Odin was a breeze, now just to prep for Cagnazzo and farm Palom's RM2 in the meantime.

Speaking of, I like how they've kind of gotten rid of the 2nd RM coming between 50->65 and just making it so each tier unlocks a new RM. Rydia's does suck though.

Just did Baigan, myself. While annoying, I also wasn't in any real immediate danger. Though, for any worried who haven't done it yet, I'd probably suggest the following:

2 spellblades with your best Blizz strikes. They'll focus on body.
    1 summoner with at least r3 Shiva and an r2 or better Meteor.
    1 character with Esuna and Full Break or Power Breakdown. Focus on body.
    And your healer with curaja and protectga.

I'd recommend Mighty Guard VIII for RW for both Haste and the regen when/if your allies get reflect bounced onto them.

Assuming a relative balance of power between your characters, you should be able to get the arms near death with Baigan hopefully getting under 30%. What dragged the fight along for me was my spellblades being paralyzed/blinded with me not having esuna. When it seemed like everything was a good AoE from the win, I then unloaded to kill everything at once. Frankly, I found the whole "arms wait a few rounds to regen" to be BS as they pretty much popped back instantly. If you don't have a wall, this could get dicey if Baigon favors his AoEs, but that's partially why you try to keep break on him, too. If your attackers don't have good offensive SBs, just put RM on them like Attunement II or Dragoon's Determination. If you have Agrias' Hallowed Bolt, you can silence everything with it. Though that'd only really shut down the counter reflect, which Shiva/Meteor goes through anyway.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Here's my Shout meta setup for Baigon. I have terrible physical synergy for IV, but I do have native wall and Agrias' Hallowed Bolt though, so that simplified things for me. AoE with Bartz and Greg until arms low health, bring Baigon to low health, then finish them off with Hallowed Bolt. Ramza's Tailwind was on standby for recovery, but I ended up not using it. Good thing SB can bypass blind, whew.

Spoiler: show

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Ya, I ate left arm's self-destruct when it had <1 hit worth of hp because of blind. Did 4500 damage to Squall but he had just enough hp to survive and lost no medals.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's everyone's issue with 110 Baigan? I beat him with no medals lost. I thought he was by far one of the easiest 110 fights. Nothing ever hit me for more than 300 damage.

Status effects in a game where you've generally got no room for the tools to remove them.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lifesiphon and most (all?) SB's are guaranteed to hit even with Blind on, there's not really any reason to remove it anyway. Lifesiphon + Ace Striker/Battleforged and SB's gets him down quick.

It's the same strategy I used for Hojo U+. All my characters had Blind on them, but it doesn't matter if you use abilities that are guaranteed to hit anyway. If you don't have 2+ Lifesiphons you can have a Knight with Saint Cross to self-remove the Blind. Or you can use Saint Cross on third melee character.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I didn't want to spend the stam to redo party setup. I also wasn't going with my full A team because shouting everything to death has gotten a tad bit dull. I just found it funny when P. Cecil was blown up by Rydia accidentally was all.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    What's everyone's issue with 110 Baigan? I beat him with no medals lost. I thought he was by far one of the easiest 110 fights. Nothing ever hit me for more than 300 damage.
    I think its more that they threw a fight at us that required some thought rather than the usual faceroll with level 80 party. Not very difficult if prepared properly for it, but blindly rushing the boss is a good way to cause you to fail mastery (trigger self destruct + fail the no-death condition)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

In my case, I didn't expect his arms to regenerate so quickly. I knew I had enough to take him down quickly but my first ssb that killed his arms wasn't enough and he regenerated fresh arms almost immediately which hurt lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

yeah i didn't find it particularly hard, just annoying because i was planning to kill with steiner's stock break but he got para'd early on in the fight so he sat there doing nothing for a good long while. by the time i was in kill range, all of my other AoE equipped characters were blinded so i had to wait for him to take a bunch of extra damage to get his SB charged

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Planned setups

Ultimate

Ultimate +

Kinda scared for Ultimate + but w/e

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Mine (haven't quite finished RMs):