Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Campaign
    BG Level

I apologize for the confusion but I never said I completed the fight?
    I just reported in this thread what has been translated from the JP dev post, confirming this sword is considered a "trophy" for those able to complete the battle (which by itself doesn't confirm nor rule out the possibility of other drops from the battle)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    someone finally beat it? or .dat mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Sechs did, he said so earlier in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    he did? if you're referring to the confirmation of the sword as a reward, that was from SE.

i can't find the post where he said he did
    .DAT mod by Funkworkz.
    Sechs relayed the confirmation by SE.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

That sword is really cool looking at least. Dunno why they couldn't put some stats on it though.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Did some VD Intense Ambuscade today (PLD BLM BLM GEO SCH WHM)

The boss (High Vicar Bozzetto) starts out alone. As others have said it has some kind of shell buff which reduces all damage done to it to either 0% or close to 1%. It takes a lot of damage when it doesn't have its shell buff, we were able to chunk it all the way to 1% HP with a single skillchain + Thunder magic burst. It won't die until you progress through a series of events though.

Phase I

It will summon Bozzetto Devout (PLD) and Bozzetto Berserker (WAR). HVB will not take any damage while either is alive and they will be resummoned after a brief period of time after they are killed. At below 50% HP (or some threshold) HVB will use Benediction and summon a Bozzetto Elementalist (BLM).

Phase II

There are two things that can happen now based on what you do.

Immediately killing the elementalist - HVB will use Sorrow of Gu'Dha. You will get pulled in and cursed. You can avoid this by standing far away before killing the elementalist. HVB will then use Torment of Gu'Dha every 15 seconds or so. Its damage shield drops while it's reading the move, you can very quickly take it down to 1% HP. We haven't been able to figure out how to kill it after this happens though, it seems like a dead end and you must start over or perhaps the BC is bugged.

Holding the elementalist - If you put a little bit of damage on the elementalist, it will use Manafont. You want to silence it because it has access to Meteor, Curse, and maybe some other nasty spells. After the elementalist uses Manafont, HVB gains the ability to cast spells. Its shield will drop while its casting. It's more difficult to time than when it's weaponskilling, but you can actually get a T6 in if you use Alacrity. When HVB's HP reaches 50%, it will Benediction again and summon a Bozzetto Disruptor (RDM) and a Bozzetto Defiler (DRK).

Phase III

HVB will use either Shell Guard or Imperfect Defense (I can't remember what it's called) repeatedly. When it does this, any Quadav that are near it will mimic it. I think the trick is to probably separate them although we didn't even need to do that. We were at times able to damage them (perhaps the buff just wears off with time) and killed them eventually. We whittled the NM down in the same fashion. It's not clear to me if there is a trick here to speed it up or if you just need to probe and be ready to unload when you know it can take damage. At around 50%, it uses Benediction yet again.

Phase IV

It uses Rage of Gu'Dah every 15 seconds or so, which will knock you back and gravity you. You can damage it when it readies this move. When it reaches 30%~, it will use Torment of Gu'Dah and basically enters the dead end behavior as before. I think you can actually kill it this time around though as it has progressed through its AI and won't have that unkillable property attached to it. We were unable to find out though as the Torment caught us off guard and we ran out of time.

We'll give it another shot soon,.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Alright so we went back today and tried this and were able to clear it. So I think the bug is in phase II. If you kill the elementalist before it does benediction then it enters the last part of its AI but cannot be killed because it has not entered phase IV. Some additional notes~

Sorrow of Gu'Dha can be used earlier than 30% in Phase IV. It used it as early as 60~70% for us. We used entrusted wilt + mana wall and had 1 BLM, the PLD and the WHM stay near it during this phase because it's pretty easy to damage using just 1 BLM. The other people should run far away to not get hit by Sorrow of Gu'Dha. When it does Sorrow of Gu'Dha, the WHM can immediately use Benediction on the 3 people who do get hit. It will run after the other 3 players and you can kite it until your PLD gets hate back (just run.)

I think it's worth doing this fight once per cycle. It took us about 15 minutes and it's not easy but if you use the seal for this you can get 1800 hm/1500 gl in a single run.

Edit: Changed Torment of Gu'Dah to Sorrow of Gu'Dha

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Also, lastly. If you wipe it resets back to phase I.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Gonna throw a crazy idea out there for the Master BCNM, but has anyone tried using FF14 play style mechanics? SE has been pushing its raging boner over FF14 onto FF11 for a little bit now, and if people have stated X mob uses X move/spell every X amount of time, maybe try running away, kiting, etc to avoid it? We've gotten so used to just playing FF11 as: stand at mob, auto-attack, WS @ 1000 TP, repeat. Mages: Stand out of AoE Range Cure/support repeat. The GEO/RUN/RDM Valk seems to be easily avoidable if PLD Super Tank starts running when spell is due to be casted vice versa other DD run away. Since -ra spells center from the caster with a relative smaller AoE range, it is possible to out run it. Also with -ra spells the correlation of direction from the mob (North, South, East, West, SW, NW etc etc) also plays a factor into what boost in damage the spell does do to enemies (in this case you/ or players). Although during Chainspell might prove more difficult for the Super Tank to escape in time, has anyone tried Sleeping it during chainspell? Moving the unslept hoard away from it has a precaution till it wears off? Also has anyone tried 'Ultimate Skillchains' on these mobs? iirc SE developers posted a video of them clearing the BCNM in ~45mins ish, so this isn't a stand at mob spam WS and easy victory in <5~10mins. Now saying that I'm sure the developers had the best of the best gear wise because they can give themselves anything they want, and further more they know the mechanics of the battle because you know they made it lol, but to me this fight seems you need to let go of the FFXI concept and think outside the box, where just auto attacking and WS'ing while WHM keeps you alive isn't the best strat. Further observation from what people have been posting, to me, looks like Ranger just made a HUGE come back lol. Shadowbind anyone? safely do dmg at range distance, and even if pull hate mob runs back to Odin's target seconds later regardless. When a mob 2-hours, Shadowbind and Super tank runs the hoard safely out of range.
    Just some thoughts, but for me seeing these posts this BCNM screams the usual PLD,WHM,GEO,BLU bandwagon setup up is complete shit. I think this is SE's way of giving other jobs some sort of purpose and usefulness again. Which in defense is almost always the case. Bandwagon jobs/setups come and go, and although the current PLD/SCH/BLM/WHM/GEO or PLD/WHM/GEO/BLU has endured, its been long over due to get pegged down in newer content to make the forgotten jobs more appealing to re-gear and cp. Perhaps its time to break out that job from retirement, dust off the gear, and get some CP. Either some group with the <1% who have Mastered Forgotten Jobs will succeed in clearing the BCNM, or like everyone did with Herald Gaiters and Ambuscades(for those wishing to play solo and "taking up space" for the more deserved entitled PT setups) SE will impliment a 'Crier's Difficulty' and or nerf it completely to where a sparks i117 Master job PT will have some difficulty clearing it. Only time will tell I suppose.
    Also just to throw it out there, SE has already stated the Master Trials BCNM is just like Ambuscades, with new rewards and/or battlefields coming often. (Each Month?) So these "Trophy Items" may seem like crap, but SE intended this to not be easily rewarded. i.e "Trophy Item".. Judgment Day Furnishing is a Trophy Item, does nothing for you, but its something only a select few have and can showcase to others saying "Look at me! I'm better/cooler than you!" You may have your Afterglow REMA, but how many people can say they have a Judgment Day or by the looks of it as of right now a Fermion Sword (I'd say <5 ppl, and 0 for the sword).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

you....................
    ..........what

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All I took away is crazy

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Helmwige : Chainspell and Elemental Sforzo multiple times, casts AoE Kaustra when low HP (1k dmg with Shell/EA), can be Silenced but requires a lot of tries with Bolster Languor, Larceny CS works wonders. -ra III spells are near instant cast and do high dmg no matter the player's position.
    Grimgerde : Benediction at 10~20%, Horde Lullaby II triggers a hate reset on all the valks.
    Schwertleite : Chainspell and Elemental Sforzo multiple times, still casts Graviga, Silencega, Paralyga, Blindga, Slowga.
    Ortlinde : Chainspell and Elemental Sforzo multiple times, still casts Protectra, Shellra, Hastega and Phalanx.
    Brunhilde : Mighty Strikes and Invincible multiple times.
    They all have around 350k hp. Odin could have 1m hp like Alex, a 30k~ Flaming Crush got it down to 97% before it regened to 100%.
    Random assumption : the valks armed with a sword have access to Chainspell / Elemental Sforzo, those armed with a spear have access to Mighty Strikes / Invincible and those armed with a scythe have access to Benediction.

We managed to defeat Helmwige, Grimgerde, Schwertleite and got Ortlinde to 47% in 30 min with PLD, WHM, GEO, THF, THF, SMN setup, we lost 10 min because of a semi-wipe on Helmwige and a super late Benediction. Tank got killed by a unexpected 2,5k Sanguine Blade from Ortlinde but it's not hard to survive once Helmwige is no more.
    Building TP on Alex for SA/TA WS valks seems to work pretty well but I'm not sure if we can do enough dmg in 60 min (if it's really necessary to kill the 9 valks). An issue I did not anticipate is the Darkness SCs getting heavily resisted.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Chipmunkys View Post
    Gonna throw a crazy idea out there for the Master BCNM, but has anyone tried using FF14 play style mechanics? SE has been pushing its raging boner over FF14 onto FF11 for a little bit now, and if people have stated X mob uses X move/spell every X amount of time, maybe try running away, kiting, etc to avoid it? We've gotten so used to just playing FF11 as: stand at mob, auto-attack, WS @ 1000 TP, repeat. Mages: Stand out of AoE Range Cure/support repeat. The GEO/RUN/RDM Valk seems to be easily avoidable if PLD Super Tank starts running when spell is due to be casted vice versa other DD run away. Since -ra spells center from the caster with a relative smaller AoE range, it is possible to out run it. Also with -ra spells the correlation of direction from the mob (North, South, East, West, SW, NW etc etc) also plays a factor into what boost in damage the spell does do to enemies (in this case you/ or players). Although during Chainspell might prove more difficult for the Super Tank to escape in time, has anyone tried Sleeping it during chainspell? Moving the unslept hoard away from it has a precaution till it wears off? Also has anyone tried 'Ultimate Skillchains' on these mobs? iirc SE developers posted a video of them clearing the BCNM in ~45mins ish, so this isn't a stand at mob spam WS and easy victory in <5~10mins. Now saying that I'm sure the developers had the best of the best gear wise because they can give themselves anything they want, and further more they know the mechanics of the battle because you know they made it lol, but to me this fight seems you need to let go of the FFXI concept and think outside the box, where just auto attacking and WS'ing while WHM keeps you alive isn't the best strat. Further observation from what people have been posting, to me, looks like Ranger just made a HUGE come back lol. Shadowbind anyone? safely do dmg at range distance, and even if pull hate mob runs back to Odin's target seconds later regardless. When a mob 2-hours, Shadowbind and Super tank runs the hoard safely out of range.
    Just some thoughts, but for me seeing these posts this BCNM screams the usual PLD,WHM,GEO,BLU bandwagon setup up is complete shit. I think this is SE's way of giving other jobs some sort of purpose and usefulness again. Which in defense is almost always the case. Bandwagon jobs/setups come and go, and although the current PLD/SCH/BLM/WHM/GEO or PLD/WHM/GEO/BLU has endured, its been long over due to get pegged down in newer content to make the forgotten jobs more appealing to re-gear and cp. Perhaps its time to break out that job from retirement, dust off the gear, and get some CP. Either some group with the <1% who have Mastered Forgotten Jobs will succeed in clearing the BCNM, or like everyone did with Herald Gaiters and Ambuscades(for those wishing to play solo and "taking up space" for the more deserved entitled PT setups) SE will impliment a 'Crier's Difficulty' and or nerf it completely to where a sparks i117 Master job PT will have some difficulty clearing it. Only time will tell I suppose.
    Also just to throw it out there, SE has already stated the Master Trials BCNM is just like Ambuscades, with new rewards and/or battlefields coming often. (Each Month?) So these "Trophy Items" may seem like crap, but SE intended this to not be easily rewarded. i.e "Trophy Item".. Judgment Day Furnishing is a Trophy Item, does nothing for you, but its something only a select few have and can showcase to others saying "Look at me! I'm better/cooler than you!" You may have your Afterglow REMA, but how many people can say they have a Judgment Day or by the looks of it as of right now a Fermion Sword (I'd say <5 ppl, and 0 for the sword).
    Iwasgoingtoreplytothisbuticouldn'tfindthespacebar

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Chipmunkys View Post
    Please for the love of fuck, space your paragraphs so people can fucking breath when they read your posts.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Phase III

HVB will use either Shell Guard or Imperfect Defense (I can't remember what it's called) repeatedly. When it does this, any Quadav that are near it will mimic it. I think the trick is to probably separate them although we didn't even need to do that. We were at times able to damage them (perhaps the buff just wears off with time) and killed them eventually. We whittled the NM down in the same fashion. It's not clear to me if there is a trick here to speed it up or if you just need to probe and be ready to unload when you know it can take damage. At around 50%, it uses Benediction yet again.
    They change their weakness/resistance to physical, magical or ranged attacks everytime Imperfect Defense Shell is used.
    Ecstacy of Gu'Dha, the improved version of Shell Guard, gives Defense Boost, Haste and Multi Strikes buffs.
    Galumph inflicts a -500 accuracy Blind.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
    They change their weakness/resistance to physical, magical or ranged attacks everytime Imperfect Defense Shell is used.
    Ecstacy of Gu'Dha, the improved version of Shell Guard, gives Defense Boost, Haste and Multi Strikes buffs.
    Galumph inflicts a -500 accuracy Blind.
    Ah, that makes sense. The fight that was once seemingly impossible is now fairly easy as long as the right steps are taken.