BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    "Treatise on Monochromacy" is NOT a KI. It's R EX. Making me believe you only need 1 per group of 6 per entry.
    Yeah, the patch notes made it sound like you trade it to the Runic Seal to enter, so it's just 500 merits on one person to enter.
    And if you farm the exp as a group (made even easier with the upcoming triple exp), you'll get 6 entrance items. That's pretty nice.
    Does it sound better if you say it's 83 merits to enter instead?

just did normal ambuscade on very difficult as pup/dnc. by myself. and won. <_<;

Very easy fight, but with my subpar tp gear for both me and my pet, was rather long. my automaton has better accuracy than me so i went with pet boost set and he went to town with overdrive at start. that got taurus down to 53% before it ran out (i know, i know, my pet DD set SUCKS.) then it was a matter of whittling it down, trying and failing miserably to keep steps on it, and ignoring its pet demon running around all over the place and being a minor nuisance. mow did fairly decent damage, usually 700-900 to everyone in range. used amchuchu, kupipi, joachim, koru-moru, and yoran-oran. mainly went for cursna chances because if amchuchu went down it was pretty much over, since you can't spam cursna on an automaton. (thanks SE. i can't tank this shit on pup with multiple mobs that aggro you from outside deploy range, ignore ventriloquy, and spam doom. very cute.)

once taurus went down it was a slugfest with the demon, who grew a pair of (tiny) balls and spammed mostly nuisance attacks...and the occasional 2500+ soul drain. amchuchu didnt stand a chance, so i swapped to tankbot and let him handle it. unfortunatly, since he was my main source of damage, it consisted of an 8 minute tug of war on the demons hp, smacking it down, then having it heal up a bit. last 3 minutes of the fight consisted of him going between 1% and 10% hp. >_<

Won with about 7 minutes remaining, 300 points, no gallantry, two usukane revamps were had, etc etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    just did normal ambuscade on very difficult as pup/dnc. by myself. and won. <_<;

Very easy fight, but with my subpar tp gear for both me and my pet, was rather long. my automaton has better accuracy than me so i went with pet boost set and he went to town with overdrive at start. that got taurus down to 53% before it ran out (i know, i know, my pet DD set SUCKS.) then it was a matter of whittling it down, trying and failing miserably to keep steps on it, and ignoring its pet demon running around all over the place and being a minor nuisance. mow did fairly decent damage, usually 700-900 to everyone in range. used amchuchu, kupipi, joachim, koru-moru, and yoran-oran. mainly went for cursna chances because if amchuchu went down it was pretty much over, since you can't spam cursna on an automaton. (thanks SE. i can't tank this shit on pup with multiple mobs that aggro you from outside deploy range, ignore ventriloquy, and spam doom. very cute.)

once taurus went down it was a slugfest with the demon, who grew a pair of (tiny) balls and spammed mostly nuisance attacks...and the occasional 2500+ soul drain. amchuchu didnt stand a chance, so i swapped to tankbot and let him handle it. unfortunatly, since he was my main source of damage, it consisted of an 8 minute tug of war on the demons hp, smacking it down, then having it heal up a bit. last 3 minutes of the fight consisted of him going between 1% and 10% hp. >_<

Won with about 7 minutes remaining, 300 points, no gallantry, two usukane revamps were had, etc etc.
    Congrats, now stop fucking soloing hours after patch is up.

now why would i stop when id be breaking ffxi players long standing tradition of fucking over others in this game?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Did try the Master Trial.

Opening moves
    Schwertleite > Paralyga
    Helmwige > Watera III
    Ortlinde > Phalanx
    Grimgerde > Light Threnody II
    Waltraute > Valor Minuet V

Siegrune, Gerhilde, Brunhilde > Nothing?

Helmwige > Fira III, Stonera III
    Ortlinde > Protectra V
    Grimgerde > Massacre Elegy
    Waltraute > Valor Minuet IV

We dead. We only went in with four people on non specific jobs to check it out though.

Some more when tank standing.
    Schwertleite > Graviga
    Helmwige > Stonera III
    Ortlinde > Hastega
    Grimgerde > Horde Lullaby II

Full wipe.

Campaign
    BG Level

Can you pull them one by one? Sleep them? Where are Odin and Alexander?
    What difficulty did you enter? Is there a difficulty setting actually?
    Can you confirm 6 people entered with a single item?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

We flashed one, all came. Didn't get to try sleep. Odin and Alexander didn't use any moves but pummeled us good.
    No difficulty settings.
    One item, enters all, destroys on entry.

Campaign
    BG Level

Ouchie.
    Wonder if you can carby-pull them then, but I doubt, likely zone-hate or something.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Double checked now and we body pulled at 20 yalms. So might be able to single pull them. But it looked like they linked.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

In Einherjar, I think the valkyries are in parties of 3 (each group contains a mage). Carby pulling might work, but you would probably need a real SMN with a DT set.

I'd probably try a PLD+WHM supertanking team with melee to burn down individuals.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

looking at the new gear set... i don't see this event useful for those of us who finished escha content, except for capes which ppl with 2-3 jobs will finish before long. Seems just for those who are struggling to jump into escha

on asura, the new entry is definitely slower. You get 3 mins to enter and tons of ppl reserve and go afk. Not many shouts for group either. Gallantry doesn't offer enough that's unique and there's the usual problem of trusts > gimps

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I really hope the strat for this job master fight isn't PLD SCH SCH BLM BLM GEO

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

So. 119 REMA kupons. Half a year before next bonanza.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    So. 119 REMA kupons. Half a year before next bonanza.
    Nope. Bonanza this month, for adventurer appreciation.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Must've missed that.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well the master trial says theres a max of 6 people, so if you went with 4 and got curbstomped immediately, its possible you missed something.

Either that or SE fucked up and its a max of 18...patch notes also say everyone needs to have the KI to enter, which isnt the case.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Something strange that i dont remember ever being quite as strong, the trusts with elemental attacks, ie shantotto 2, balamor, arciela 2; there hitting for like 1500+ damage, even on t1 reisen NMs, and 4k on fodder in ceizak with malaise. Is this potentially a speghetti code issue from the update or has this always been a thing?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Somebody on AH was also reporting that Trusts were weirdly stronger and couldn't place why.

He floated the idea that all his Cheers were active at once, though obviously that'd make players noticeably stronger (and result in yuuuuge XP/CP), too.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well i don't have any cheers on either character i seen this damage with so can probably rule that out.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Wow they actually fixed the movement speed on those items, so we can run faster!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast