Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't want to read too much into my own anecdotal evidence but I did a couple D Promathias this morning and yeah, all of my Trusts felt waaay more durable than I'm accustomed to. I barely had to Divine Waltz at all.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Both the Taurus and the Demon become significantly stronger when the other one dies, so if on VD or playing with weaker players, you'll want to weaken the Demon some before you kill the Taurus.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Has anyone done the Quadav fight yet?

Is either fight soloable?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    I don't want to read too much into my own anecdotal evidence but I did a couple D Promathias this morning and yeah, all of my Trusts felt waaay more durable than I'm accustomed to. I barely had to Divine Waltz at all.
    Well, the Adventurer Appreciation campaign has this going on right now:

Alter egos will receive the following improvements for the duration of the campaign.
    - Alter egos' Maximum HP and MP are increased by 50%.
    - Alter egos have stronger resistance to status ailments.

Nothing about their nukes doing more damage, though.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That hasn't started yet.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh. I dunno then.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post

I tried quadavs on normal, it starts with a shield up like in the past zone quadav BCNM fight i cant remember the name of, where its shell glows, and it takes very reduced damage. It immediatly spawns adds, killing all adds seems to drop his shield and make him take normal damage (ionohelix with shield on did like 142, blizzard 1 with shield off did 3400), but it appears it can use Imperfect Defense Shell as a normal tp move to regain its shield and resummon adds whenever it wants, i got it to all of 96% before it resummoned adds. I was unable to sleep the adds even on normal, albeit i didnt try that many times before i just bound one and nuked the other down. I died when he resummoned adds and i wasnt expecting it, i can see it being fairly annoying on higher difficulties, but maybe if a helix is landed when shield is down and just let that win it for you, its possible.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post

Someone on ffxiah was saying that the Quadav seems to negate all damage at 1% and they havent figured out how to bypass it as of last night.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So tried killing tarus first this time and it definitely seemed easier but the other demon went kind of crazy. 1800 soul drains that looked like they ignored dt

Tried intense on normal with 3 people which still gives twice the gallantry of VD normal. Anyways pretty rough even on normal. Main nm had some kind of ridiculous pdt or something. Would do unleashed tp moves that would hit the adds for around 8k and main for 0-300 dmg. Yes some of the moves actually did 0. Then I randomly managed to do 32k right after the 2nd add died. Continued to do great dmg like that and got it to like 30% until it spawned another add (blm this time) then back to shit. Also it full healed when 3rd add came. Some point later while blm add was still alive the main went to taking a ton of dmg again for a few hits then back to crap. Got the blm add down and dmg was still crap but now main was spamming 1600 dmg aoe move with annoying status effects which quickly killed me...

So yeah intense is still bullshit

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ya tried normal quadavs again, its awful lol. I got it to like 50~60% just doing SC+MB when his shield is down and constantly rekilling adds as he spawned them. Around 50~60 he used benediction, shield, and resummoned adds but it was just 1 add, a BLM, who casts meteor and impact, but silenced easily, honestly prefer him to the other two. However at this point it seems the main NM gains access to new TP moves, including "Sorrow of Gu'Dha" which seems to be like party draw in > strong curse and strong plague, it brought my mp and trust mp down to 0 very quickly and i had no holy waters to see if the curse could even be removed. The curse also brought my HP down to like <200 i think, things went bad quickly with 200 hp and 0 mp. During this chaotic period i noticed i had killed the BLM and his shield stayed up, i had no MP to nuke but i noticed trusts hitting for 2 damage crits and then out of nowhere gessho scored a crit for 508 and valaineral scored a normal hit for 320, a couple more hits for 250~320 and then they went back to hitting for 1~2 damage. I suspect its when hes readying TP moves he takes enhanced damage at this point, perhaps Torment of Gu'Dha specifically. Scrolling through the log this appears it may be accurate.

Edit: He also appears to erase helix somehow, either when putting shield up or through some other mechanic, his HP did not continue to tick down while he had shield up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Are we back to abyssea level mechanics? Eugh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fival View Post
    Something strange that i dont remember ever being quite as strong, the trusts with elemental attacks, ie shantotto 2, balamor, arciela 2; there hitting for like 1500+ damage, even on t1 reisen NMs, and 4k on fodder in ceizak with malaise. Is this potentially a speghetti code issue from the update or has this always been a thing?
    Hmmm doing it for me too this is definitely a rather big increase. Like double. Must investigate further

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Done VD Quadavs twice, got the boss to 1% after Benediction and the BLM Quadav spawn both times. No luck on killing the boss. It sits there at 1% regening 1 or 2 hp/tic. If anyone works out what you need to do to get that last bit of damage in, it'd be appreciated!

We tried:
    Nukes of the day/opposing/strong to
    Light nukes
    Dark nukes
    Aspir for thousands of MP
    Melee WS
    Elemental WS
    Spike damage
    Curing it
    Luopan damage
    Taru sacrifice

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Are the HP/MP values the same? Maybe they fucked something up and campaigns started early. And with boosted values.

A man can dream.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tried again on VE. After killing the pld add zerged it hard (72k tegmina buffets and shit) and yet it just got to 1% benedictioned and put shield back up. Went and killed the blm then it did the super curse on me putting me to 300-400 hp and everyone to 0 mp and followed it up with the 1600 aoe dmg move. But while it was readying the move got off some 40-50k buffets so that does seem like the thing... but not sure it's worth it considering the level of wreckage you get from allowing it to use moves even on "very easy". Almost think you are supposed to keep the blm one alive or something

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    Done VD Quadavs twice, got the boss to 1% after Benediction and the BLM Quadav spawn both times. No luck on killing the boss. It sits there at 1% regening 1 or 2 hp/tic. If anyone works out what you need to do to get that last bit of damage in, it'd be appreciated!

We tried:
    Nukes of the day/opposing/strong to
    Light nukes
    Dark nukes
    Aspir for thousands of MP
    Melee WS
    Elemental WS
    Spike damage
    Curing it
    Luopan damage
    Taru sacrifice
    Have you tried SC that aren't dependant on SC properties? Sanguine, spirits within, etc? Maybe that gk from vw. Lol.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Tried again on VE. After killing the pld add zerged it hard (72k tegmina buffets and shit) and yet it just got to 1% benedictioned and put shield back up. Went and killed the blm then it did the super curse on me putting me to 300-400 hp and everyone to 0 mp and followed it up with the 1600 aoe dmg move. But while it was readying the move got off some 40-50k buffets so that does seem like the thing... but not sure it's worth it considering the level of wreckage you get from allowing it to use moves even on "very easy". Almost think you are supposed to keep the blm one alive or something
    The issue with keeping the BLM mob alive is that when the boss does TP moves, its' shield doesn't drop. The shield only drops on TP move after the BLM dies and it does its draw-in/curse move.
    Didn't try Spirits Within, but it just seems so specific that I doubt it. My ridiculous theory right now is Shellbuster from the Demons in Castle Zvahl...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    Are the HP/MP values the same? Maybe they fucked something up and campaigns started early. And with boosted values.

A man can dream.
    http://i.imgur.com/8CWYoyA.png

Maint inc

EDIT: I guess this means August's attacks are occasionally magical? You can see he hits for 260ish just before the 1566 hit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes, August's bow animation physical does magic damage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post

A man can dream.
    yeah hp/mp are the same. checked my pet stats they the same too. Shantotos nukes were doing about teh same so probably not int or mab. kind of curious because I don't remember seeing anything battle related being adjusted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast