+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    They just announced they're cutting the cost to get those heroes by like 75%. lol
    Also noted from GameInformer, they also slashed the reward for completing the single player campaign from 20k to 5k. They are withholding their review until they get a grasp on the in game currency gain in relation to the previous builds.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

-587k, gilded 59 times as of now. Epic.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Also noted from GameInformer, they also slashed the reward for completing the single player campaign from 20k to 5k. They are withholding their review until they get a grasp on the in game currency gain in relation to the previous builds.
    Pretty sure that's standard pre-release procedure to let reviewers mess around with things and see what all the different currencies do.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Even decreasing the cost of stuff it's still apparently 40 plus hours of playtime to unlock the hero classes, to say nothing of the roughly 4000 hours needed to level up all the base classes to the max level.

Or you can just spend $2000.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBat...e_required_to/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Also, found the spot where someone saved the archive of the tweet someone at EA put up in response to the complaints:

http://archive.is/DenaU

The arm chair developers on this internet.
    ...which was then taken down after the backlash to that comment.

And the mods on reddit changed it so their subscriber count is listed in "armchair developers".

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The whole thing is absolutely hilarious to watch the interwebs outrage about the two most iconic SW characters taking about 40 hours each to unlock, and they are completely cosmetic as is, if they really are balanced around the other hero powerups. God forbid people play the damn game to get them, and if they don't want to speed it up, via loot boxes, they don't have to; they're meant to be a prestige item. I don't much care about the other stuff, as I was never a collect them all type, and I doubt that most people will ever collect everything in any game like this, let alone most types of games. How many people have cooked every recipe in Breath of the Wild, or collected every hero on League of Legends? Betcha won't collect them all in another popular game.

The bitching at EA is the best though; got a bunch of people talking out of their asses about EA being in charge of this type of decision, when what they do are set the global parameters (we want a sequel, with long-term revenue to support X game shelf-life, and the license holder has Y requirements too) around what type of game is being developed and by which one of their studios, and make sure it gets released on time, with the given requirements, and that it will make a profit. People don't have to like the original decision being made, but at least bitch at DICE, as they are the ones responsible for developing the game system being bitched at. It really shows exactly how little people know about how games are developed, and published.

Da mob be out in force on dis one, mon.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Spoiler: show

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Too many people were cancelling their pre-orders so EA has removed the button to do so, forcing people into calling customer service and potentially waiting for hours if they want to cancel now.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So they slashed the price of the unlockable characters by 75% but also slashed the solo story campaign reward by 75% as well so the ratio remains the same. You get 5000 Credits for completing single player mode, and Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker are 15,000 credits. At face value it looks bad, but considering that you get a daily loot crate with 1000 credits in it along with the tested baseline for an average player to get roughly 1500-2000 credits an hour doing multiplayer battles (unless they also nerfed earned credits as well), it really isn't so bad.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Too many people were cancelling their pre-orders so EA has removed the button to do so, forcing people into calling customer service and potentially waiting for hours if they want to cancel now.
    Can't use a refund button if there never was one.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/11/14/n...battlefront-ii
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/star-wars-b...front-2-refund

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I got bamboozled?! I know you can't believe everything you come across on Reddit, but there are at least 3 front page posts on it being a thing. Well shit.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

so i know everyone's on the hate train but if I purchase the deluxe edition now can I still get it or was that a pre order deluxe edition only thing?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Imagine seeing this shitstorm and wanting to buy deluxe version of the game

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

There's a sucker born every day homey. I saw the hate on Reddit and after reading into it no way in hell am I picking this up. The first one was eh at best, and corporate is trying real hard to fuck this one up. Nothx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Everyone was on a shit storm for the first one then everyone ended up giving in anywho. My understanding is game's fine and better but just has microtransactions. I don't really care about that crap I just want to play with my friends who are getting it lol.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Needing to spend 40 hours playing a game to unlock one hero if you don't pay extra seems fine. Yup.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i see my page one take hasn't held up quite as well as i'd hoped; they changed the model from selling a season pass to turning the game into a real money slot machine

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't give in to shit. Even ignoring all the stuff the games are lacking compared to the old titles, the first one was just an overwhelmingly dumbed down Battlefield with a Star Wars coat of paint.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I didn't give in to shit. Even ignoring all the stuff the games are lacking compared to the old titles, the first one was just an overwhelmingly dumbed down Battlefield with a Star Wars coat of paint.
    Yeah that's how I felt from playing it at the in laws over the holidays. It's pretty forgettable, especially with the added microtransaction shenanigans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast