+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

https://clips.twitch.tv/AdorableTenderCrowLitFam

Play arcade mode. Get no credits for unlocks. HAH what a joke.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The folks at (censored) did an article where they spent $100 on loot crates, and they got roughly half the credits needed to unlock Darth Vader or Luke. So roughly $200 if you wanted to buy your way to unlocking, fucking lol

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Games as a service. We're just providing the player options on how they want to play the game! Player choice is paramount at [insert greasy corporate overlord].

So glad I didn't go into PR after college like my professors wanted me to.

Getting paid to lie for a living every waking day of your life is a slimy way to pay your mortgage.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I just love how incredibly passive aggressive (and in some cases, outright aggressive) EA is being with all this and there's still white knights and corporate shills loving everything Battlefront. Fucking lmao tbh. These are the type of betas that natural selection would've taken care of by now if we weren't such a technologically advanced species

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

People will shill for anything that doesn't directly hurt them in the single way they can possibly be hurt by something. That sounds obtuse, but it is 100% correct. You hit a Star Wars nerd in one specific area in this game, and they'll stop shilling and pick up the pitchfork just as fast as anyone else.

EA just hasn't pushed everyone's particular button yet. No game does, unfortunately.

Everyone has a breaking point, though. Most humans simply lack empathy for other humans' suffering if it doesn't directly affect themselves in ways they consider important.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I just love how incredibly passive aggressive (and in some cases, outright aggressive) EA is being with all this and there's still white knights and corporate shills loving everything Battlefront. Fucking lmao tbh. These are the type of betas that natural selection would've taken care of by now if we weren't such a technologically advanced species
    TBF I've only read good things about the single player campaign. Nothing that'd make me want to drop $60 for it though.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/AdorableTenderCrowLitFam

Play arcade mode. Get no credits for unlocks. HAH what a joke.
    Damm so pretty much gotta spend money to get credits or rely on daily loot boxes...

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I don't know shit about Star Wars or know anything about this game series, so can I get a tl;dr version of all this shit storm? Micro-transactions on steroids?

I want in on the lulz.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The time and/or money investment to unlock stuff is to levels not seen in a paid AAA game (this kind of shit for sure exists in f2p mobile stuff tho)

In the neighborhood of 4000+ hours of gameplay or $2000 of loot crates to unlock everything for the multiplayer.

Then the entire situation was made exponentially worse with this comment from EA on Reddit, which is the aforementioned most down voted post in the history of the website.

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.
    So the short version, EA being EA to the nth degree

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

guess his secretary hasn't apprised him of current events

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The time and/or money investment to unlock stuff is to levels not seen in a paid AAA game (this kind of shit for sure exists in f2p mobile stuff tho)

In the neighborhood of 4000+ hours of gameplay or $2000 of loot crates to unlock everything for the multiplayer.

Then the entire situation was made exponentially worse with this comment from EA on Reddit, which is the aforementioned most down voted post in the history of the website.

So the short version, EA being EA to the nth degree
    Holy shit 4000+ hours lmao!? And here I thought me pumping 200+ hours into games like Xenoblade or FFXV was crazy lol.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

What are people's thoughts on the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer? I really enjoyed it and it seems the Battlefront 2 has a similar system of unlocks. Play multiplayer games for points to purchase loot crates in order to unlock weapons/characters etc. I don't remember being able to PAY for points, though. Although, I can see the issue being PvE vs. PvP gameplay.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I loved ME3 MP.

EDIT: To expand on this, I loved ME3 MP, and while loot crates were there, it never felt like I *had* to buy them with real world money to stand a chance at unlocking good stuff. And it was really fun, so I didn't mind grinding out stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Holy shit 4000+ hours lmao!? And here I thought me pumping 200+ hours into games like Xenoblade or FFXV was crazy lol.
    That's more hours than I have in Dota 2 in 6 years and I've played pretty much every single day since I got access to the beta. How the fuck is anyone actually supposed to unlock that.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

You don't.

Though on that note, I have spent more than $200 on DotA cosmetics/battle passes because Valve love their hats (2250+ hours played since Beta, doesn't count the 500+ hours I spent playing DotA on WC3). Now that's how you do microtransactions.

BG Level

Yeah that’s nuts. It’s pretty blatant they had no intention of letting anyone unlock said content without some dolla billz yo.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But even then, if someone wanted to go full whale and max out all the classes, that's a $2000+ investment.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/st...of-gaming.aspx

GI gave it a 6.5. Also, it mentions that there is a 14 hour cool down on Arcade Mode challenges (max 5 a period). Basically a F2P gating system.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/15/wall...urt-sales.html

Wall Street is ready to dump EA stock should the game falter in their GAS model.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Should short EA's stock right before release and watch it tank all the way to the bank.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast