Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Our only real hope is that Disney feels this is getting enough bad PR to damage the Star Wars name and dissolves their relationship with EA and gives it to a less shitty company. I personally wish EA would crash and die because of this but they won't, as loud and angry as the mob is most of them are still going to buy it and the other unaccounted for millions of people already own it and are whaling. Though if their projections for sales are fuckloads less than they expected I would enjoy the fireworks of their stocks.

Long term this Loot box shit needs regulations, its preys too much on the psychological effects gambling has on addicts. The ESRB or whoever may not consider loot boxes gambling, but its gambling, unregulated gambling loopholed with fake currency. The sooner this bubble is popped the better, and I can only pray a few of these shit show publishers pop with it.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The ESRB can't define it as gambling. Both them and PEGI have stated it's up to their respective governments to set the standards, but lol @ that happening anytime soon.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Not when those who back the ESRB itself have too many ties to the same companies raking in billions off of gambling addicts and whales. When half of Take-Two's entire yearly profits come from Microtransactions, there's no way lobbies and big corporations would allow the ESRB to cut off the golden goose.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ubisoft reported that they've made more profit from micro transactions last year than they did in software sales. I'm afraid this genie isn't going back into the bottle.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Micro-transactions turned off for release. They'll be looking into it later on.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm happy for once that the backlash is so severe they have to remove Microtransactions entirely(Temporarily) to save face. I mean, EA is no stranger to being shat on, this is nice.

I mean, but if all they did is turn off micro-transactions and it still takes insane time to earn stuff, all this means is no one will be able to get anything for like the first month the game is out right? I'm not say they're good, EA is devil incarnate, just that just turning of pay2play won't solve anything but make them look very slightly nicer. They'll turn them back on later with lower price by like 5% when the heat is off.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's a step in the right direction but I have a feeling they will turn micro transactions back on conveniently just in time for Christmas.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Apparently the Disney CEO called the EA CEO today, the a few hours later, microtransactions were turned off. HNIC Mickey was apparently not happy. I was gonna buy the game for my kids this week, but going to wait til closer to Xmas now to see how things shake out.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Vote with your wallet, people. Great news all around.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Apparently the Disney CEO called the EA CEO today, the a few hours later, microtransactions were turned off. HNIC Mickey was apparently not happy. I was gonna buy the game for my kids this week, but going to wait til closer to Xmas now to see how things shake out.

It'll be "fixed" by Christmas.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lol turning it off for release so they can sell as many copies as possible, then bring it back in a few months.
    Fuck you EA.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

By the time they bring it back most of the player base will probably have given up on the game because of how long it takes to unlock stuff without paying.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    By the time they bring it back most of the player base will probably have given up on the game because of how long it takes to unlock stuff without paying.
    They need to tap into the player base of people who made relics in old school FFXI those sadistic people will grind for anything.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Reviews starting to come in, consensus on this is to avoid. Game looks and sounds great, game play is bad to mediocre. Online play is hot garbage, single player campaign is just ok.

SP campaign spoiler:
    Spoiler: show
    Predictably so the super Imperial loyalist main character sees the error of her ways and joins the Rebellion, because God forbid we actually get a SW game where we can actually be the Empire. I miss TIE Fighter.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Reviews starting to come in, consensus on this is to avoid. Game looks and sounds great, game play is bad to mediocre. Online play is hot garbage, single player campaign is just ok.

SP campaign spoiler:
    Predictably so the super Imperial loyalist main character sees the error of her ways and joins the Rebellion, because God forbid we actually get a SW game where we can actually be the Empire. I miss TIE Fighter.
    The game is buggy as fuck.

This video focuses mainly on the bugs, he has two or three videos focusing on the micro transactions.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    According to one Jeff Gerstmann, Disney would have very likely OK'd the microtransaction nature of the game in the first place, and are just reacting to the backlash now as EA were.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

So, not done with the campaign yet, but I was looking forward to playing as the Empire in a campaign for once....god damn it...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    So, not done with the campaign yet, but I was looking forward to playing as the Empire in a campaign for once....god damn it...
    Sorry breh: corporate suits and ties followed the 12-year-old focus testers saying that all the money is in the same generic "good guy by the end" narrative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast