+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Been playing multiplayer and have been experiencing these lag spikes/ stuttering issues. I was worried that my PS4 is taking a dump, but maybe its server side?

Also, I find the game to be fun, but the progression system is pure garbage. I don't understand the point of the rank system if the only way we can level our classes is through loot boxes and cards... just dumb

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    I don't understand the point of the rank system if the only way we can level our classes is through loot boxes and cards... just dumb
    Yeah, I'd hazard a guess that's likely the whole point haha.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Been playing multiplayer and have been experiencing these lag spikes/ stuttering issues. I was worried that my PS4 is taking a dump, but maybe its server side?

Also, I find the game to be fun, but the progression system is pure garbage. I don't understand the point of the rank system if the only way we can level our classes is through loot boxes and cards... just dumb
    Bruh, we tried sending out the warning earlier in this thread. It was all over reddit too. This game is a microtransaction money grab, avoid it at all costs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm having fun playing it for the most part. Starfighters are always the best

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Bruh, we tried sending out the warning earlier in this thread. It was all over reddit too. This game is a microtransaction money grab, avoid it at all costs.

I know. I knew it going in, just didn't think/believe it would be this bad.

It's a fun game to have just to play 2-3 rounds in between studying... other than that, meh

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Looks like there has been such a backlash, that governments are starting to get involved.

Belgium says lootboxes are gambling and want the EU to ban them.

http://www.pcgamer.com/belgium-says-...ned-in-europe/

Also US representatives are wanting a ban on lootboxes.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Please god yes. Please. Please yes.

I'm not a fan of government poking their heads in a lot of places, and I'm not saying ban it entirely but it needs to be regulated or at the very least given some boundaries. These companies are going unchecked and pushing the envelope far enough its beginning to ruin these games. Star Wars is just the latest fuckery.

Edit: But I do wonder how it will effect stuff like TCG's. No easy answers, and if theres a loophole EA will go for it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yooo the entire industry is going after EA if their flagrant cash scheme is what finally caused governments to regulate microtransaction and lootboxes. Unbelievable, even in fucking scandal this game truly is a goat. I can't even...

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    I'm having fun playing it for the most part. Starfighters are always the best
    Rogue Squadron is still far superior, and that game is 20 years old. Once you have audio quality down pat (which the gamecube had in spades), there's only so much prettier you can make space combat, and the actual COMBAT side of space combat in this game is lackluster. No evasive manuevers whatsoever and little weapon or attack variety. Where are the nimble A-wings or bulky Y-Wing bombers (with subsequent large targets to bombard through narrow choke points)?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Edit: But I do wonder how it will effect stuff like TCG's. No easy answers, and if theres a loophole EA will go for it.
    Paper TGCs have tangible value that can be exchanged/sold for cash. At least in Magic: The Gathering you know rarity plays a role on how many of each card is printed. If you could somehow sell your MTX based upon rarity, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. (See Valve with their rare hats, example: https://steamcommunity.com/market/li...0Baby%20Roshan )

The digital items from loot boxes have no monetary value. You can't sell your fully unlocked account since that's probably against TOS.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Paper TGCs have tangible value that can be exchanged/sold for cash. At least in Magic: The Gathering you know rarity plays a role on how many of each card is printed. If you could somehow sell your MTX based upon rarity, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. (See Valve with their rare hats, example: https://steamcommunity.com/market/li...0Baby%20Roshan )

The digital items from loot boxes have no monetary value. You can't sell your fully unlocked account since that's probably against TOS.
    I meant more like... Heroes of the Storm, or Online TCG games like the YuGiOh or Pokemon TCG games. But I didn't specify that so its my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Rogue Squadron is still far superior, and that game is 20 years old. Once you have audio quality down pat (which the gamecube had in spades), there's only so much prettier you can make space combat, and the actual COMBAT side of space combat in this game is lackluster. No evasive manuevers whatsoever and little weapon or attack variety. Where are the nimble A-wings or bulky Y-Wing bombers (with subsequent large targets to bombard through narrow choke points)?
    Both A-wings and Y-wings are in the game... I'm confused.

I gotta agree, the Starfighter Assault is the best part of the game

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I guess with online TGC yea. I know Magic Online does have a market for buying/selling their cards. Not sure about the others.

Now the thing about Hearthstone/Heroes of the Storm is apples and oranges compared to Battlefront. The former are free to play games where the monetization is built around accessing cards/cosmetics/heroes. But the games are free to access and it's possible to "go infinite" in Hearthstone. It's also not unreasonable to grind a bunch of currency to unlock new heroes in Heroes. MTX does accelerate access, but it is by no means pay-to-win

The latter is a AAA game where you paid $60+ to have content gated by additional MTX. That's the outcry. If Battlefront was Free to Play and had MTX, EA wouldn't be traversing this shit storm. But alas, their monetization gave them a PR nightmare when the iconic franchise characters are such a grind to unlock.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    That makes them more easily classified as gambling, not less lol. The most common defense that loot boxes aren't gambling has been that the prizes had no monetary value.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    That makes them more easily classified as gambling, not less lol. The most common defense that loot boxes aren't gambling has been that the prizes had no monetary value.
    That and I'm pretty sure MTG official stance is that they value every single card at the same monetary value and have no input on what people pay after-market for them. Can't blame a company for what people are willing to pay for a product after retail price.

Wouldn't a government ruling also start to apply to games like overwatch, League of Legends, Guild Wars, and etc? Like what's going to happen to the freemium market if this passes?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I can't imagine that they would make an exclusion for F2P games. Whatever legislation is created(probably none) is likely to affect the entire industry.

I just had a 30 kill, 11k round and earned 250 credits.

Later played one of the multi-leveled conquest maps where you have to retreat to the next part of the map... You're given 30 seconds to run across the whole fucking map. Got a hero, began to run back... died just as I hit the area I was supposed to retreat to

Fuck this game

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server