Cerberus

They did pretty good there.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I am still not entirely sold on the art style, but who the hell am I kidding. Take my money!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

http://www.twitch.tv/2k

They are starting a stream of an 8-way AI match in 5 minutes.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

nice thx. should make a good way to kill the rest of the day at the office

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They said tomorrow they are doing a multiplayer stream as well.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    no hot seat option
    UGH

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Is that info all from twitch chat commens? Not a really credible source, lol. Unless you mean there was a Q&A. Going to watch the stream now-ish and immediately I caught that the stream is using a "special build" of the game, so getting a peak at menus and stuff isn't totally indicative of what's going to be in the full release

but it's up in approx 24 hours so we'll all know soon enough. Really hoping for LAN

BG Level

So... wasn't really happy with the AI showcased. Best case is that they didn't do war well because other civs didn't want to go to war and they didn't want to go war because other civs didn't... ad infinitum. Worst case is the AI is trash at war and garbage at using military units (apparently people think the AI literally cannot move and shoot? not gonna watch through that to verify)

Probably leaning on the worst case though. We saw aztecs take russia's first city (it was the one russians settled on the other side of the continent in between two civs) and IMMEDIATELY give it back and declare peace. Whole thing seemed brutally passive to me :\

Some notes, most from reddit
    -Greece had an optimal science district placement for their second city... and it took them 1500+ years to build it.
    -Greece was in the industrial age by 950 ad. Lead science at that point afaik
    -Space station at 1826 ad
    -Tech in general goes uber fast and the mid game doesn't really exist (ex. some streamer got 2 samurai before he already had musket upgrades)
    -Lead AI dev never saw AI win by domination and never saw more than 3 capitals change hands in a single game
    -Rome had a carpet of legions, declared war on a weak japan, ???, declared peace on japan. Never entered their territory afaik
    -Very few unit upgrades. Could be because they determined there was no need for it, though, and favored trying to win by culture/science
    -Idle settlers while there's land to be claimed.
    -Sick settlement at turn 472
    -Mass producing the same unit
    -No repairing pillaged districts all the way through the game

Last two things were talked about by the lead dev, indirectly. He was telling funny stories of what issues he was able to spot by watching many AI games unfold and mentioned "AI favored catapults and everyone had huge catapult armies" and "saw the entire map on fire blah blah ai wasn't repairing the districts" so maybe we saw an old build

Oh well, if they let modders access whatever they need to for AI reprogramming it'll be pretty good pretty soon after release (I hope)

BG Level

LAN/Hotseat is in the game, 100%

it's out already in AUS

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Nice, glad twitch chat was wrong!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

for those who were on the fence about this still and want to try the "demo version", Civ 6 doesn't wear a condom

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Based on a few hours of gameplay, it feels like the art style makes things blend together a bit too much, and some of the resources are visually really small. Hard to tell where hills are in some locations.

One good thing about a new Civ game or an expansion is it's nice not knowing how to meta every single damn thing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've only played about 40 turns so far, but selecting your cities and not having the whole city interface come up blocking the rest of the game is really nice. I do have a tough time spotting the tribal villages though.

edit:

I'm Aztec, so I guess my delegate was a sharp enough individual to realize he was my delegate to Russia.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I find myself really, really disappointed. I got pretty excited looking at the civs, because they have so many bonuses and it will be fun to build my own when the SDK comes out.

And then I started playing.

In order for Civ to be fun, for me, I have to feel like I'm actually building an empire. Like I'm guiding my people through the ages. In short, I need immersion. And in 6... I don't get that. I feel like I'm min/maxing a boardgame. And I hate to say it, but it's the cartoon graphics and, especially, the fog of war. Don't get me wrong, I think they're pretty. And maybe eventually I'll come around. But right now, I just feel like I'm exploring a piece of paper, not a world.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    I find myself really, really disappointed. I got pretty excited looking at the civs, because they have so many bonuses and it will be fun to build my own when the SDK comes out.

And then I started playing.

In order for Civ to be fun, for me, I have to feel like I'm actually building an empire. Like I'm guiding my people through the ages. In short, I need immersion. And in 6... I don't get that. I feel like I'm min/maxing a boardgame. And I hate to say it, but it's the cartoon graphics and, especially, the fog of war. Don't get me wrong, I think they're pretty. And maybe eventually I'll come around. But right now, I just feel like I'm exploring a piece of paper, not a world.
    I love it, but the last civ game i played was years ago and that was 3. So I am not much biased due to older versions.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

yeah, I played it more last night and I think much of my annoyance is coming from things like no restart button on turn 0, max of 10 autosaves max interval of 10 turns, and the generally choppy performance of my PC cos my graphics card is in the process of being RMA'd so im using a borrowed 750.

Mind you, I still found immersion more challenging than 5, but as I acclimated to the graphics it was getting easier. I think it'll also help once they release the SDK and I can start changing things I don't like.

BG Level

i'm enjoying it a lot. not in love with the graphics but they look a lot better in motion and i think the age of exploration fog-of-war aesthetic is loads better than the boring old greyed out map.

gameplay wise the decision to unpack cities is a brilliant improvement. cuts down on the tedium of tile management while encouraging longterm planning and elevates the importance of second cities. combat is also greatly improved with support units and corps formations, lends a good bit of utility to the standard unit set and likewise cuts way down on micromanagement late game. actively meeting conditions for civic/tech advancement makes that system a lot more engaging + diplomacy is greatly upgraded with leader agendas and the casus bellis system.

religion is kinda shit so far and i'm losing hours of my life because i enjoy Sean Bean's voice too much to skip the civi/tech quotations, but once modders and expacs land on this baby think it's a shoe-in for best Civ to date.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

After 3-4 hours, I had to turn on quick movement and combat because I was sick and tired of foreign missionaries/apostles spamming their religious zealotry and fighting with divine lightning bolts outside my cities. I went 100% secular in my first game to get the feel of things.

A lot to grow on so far. I can see how the devs wanted more outside-city interactions as well as making specialization decisions. Probably going to do an epic speed run and do the culture or domination victory.

BG Level

Game's pretty awesome. Every time I play I learn something new about city planning. But that's mostly because you can't raze/move districts once you've built them. Hell, you can't even change their location as soon as you started building them. I'm hoping modders or the next expansion do something about that (or am I a monkey and you can destroy districts?)

No teams in multiplayer was kinda shocking. And I think certain things are clunky. Whenever someone else does any sort of deal with you, embassy, trade, denounce, etc there are two consecutive cut scenes of that civ's leader twirling around? Playing multiplayer with turn timer on and I've been fucked out of actions because I'm spending too much time spamming esc through all the civ's BS. And sometimes the little action bar on the right side bugs and/or takes a while to start the redundant cutscenes, and that's annoying.

And religions are shit. I preferred civ 5's religion to this one, but meh - maybe it'll grow on me once I explore it a bit more

But other than all that, I'm really impressed. I like the science tree a lot and think the changes they made with regards to units and what upgrades into what was done nicely. Don't have a lot of experience in the civics tree yet... but I think atm that governments could have been done better. The transitions between them don't feel smooth and I dislike having the T3 ones all require the same exact tech. Wonders are great - there's no 'required' wonders like in civ 5 afaik and I like that you can't (reliably) just build them all in your capital with massive industry. Also, feels like it could be possible that you'd want to forgo all wonders for the sake of districts and other city improvements. I like that

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i also like that wonders never expire their use. So giving up a part of your city ground for a wonder isnt bad since their effects never stop working, and it also gives a strategic move on which wonder to pick. Some complement your nation attributes better others make your surrounding terrain you find yourself in more usefull

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast