+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

I think it's got more potential than civ 5. One thing that bothers me as I'm getting acclimatised is some key buildings being under the civics tree when I was looking for them in the science tree.

Thanks to some of the new systems like the tech boosts it feels a little more chaotic... which is a good thing because civ 5 could be too play-by-the-numbers.

Edit: Oh and the Renaissance era science tree is a bit weirdly empty...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

How is multiplayer in Civ 6?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Broken, from what I'm reading. You can play, but there's a few easily exploitable mechanics which make it possible to massively outpace anyone who isn't exploiting them.

For example, you can delete builders from anywhere in the map even if they only have 1 charge remaining, so people spam builders and scout with them and then if they're about to be captured just delete them for a sizeable refund.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The only thing I found was that units get exp for attacking a 0hp (or 1?) city with ranged attacks. That wasn't the case in civ 5 since... well, the exploit is obvious. Idk if cities can't attack after the walls get destroyed or what but at that point the AI that I farmed all my crossbow/catapults on was not using the city center to attack so it was just free levels.

And that chopping forests/otherresources is OP in the faster game modes (what multiplayer typically is).

After reading bane's post I googled civ 6 exploits and I wish I didn't. Seems there are some game breaking ones. The scythians can build double horse archers and sell them for 200 gold each - regular civs can build single horse units and sell for 100 each - other civs can still do this with regular horse units and still be worthwhile, just obviously slower than scythians. There's some glitch in tricking AI into giving you a bunch of resources in trade. Can chop forests outside of your border (I didn't even think to try this, add this with what bane said makes builders the obvious scout).

edit: oh, and roman legions can chop down forests outside of their own borders.

They need to reduce the gold on selling units, add a proportionate reduction to sell price based on their missing HP or build uses for builders, not allow clearing resources outside of city, and 0 exp on cities that have their HP reduced to their minimum. I think that'll fix basically everything? Oh and bugged AI trading you everything it has

ex. of scythia being OP as fuck

hmm, broken? https://gyazo.com/398d3bbb0ba619909a03baaed5511f72 is the link

unrelated, I'm having issues with this edition of the civilpedia being kind of sparse on information. And what's with not having it on the start menu and only in game (away from pc to double check but it's not there.. right?)

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Idk if cities can't attack after the walls get destroyed or what
    Correct.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Ah, makes sense. That's OP then, even if you have only PCs in a game there are districts you can be in perma war with for free exp farming

Oh and this made me lol irl.

observation balloons give +1 range to siege units and can stack

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I guess I was right to wait for a few patches and for it to come down in price then. Shame, but not unexpected

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    unrelated, I'm having issues with this edition of the civilpedia being kind of sparse on information. And what's with not having it on the start menu and only in game (away from pc to double check but it's not there.. right?)
    I've noticed this too. There's barely any info on religion or tourism to go off of.

Some more gripes I have are the lack of: population growth notifications, easy ways to send traders on previous routes, deal expiration notifications (this has to be somewhere, am I just dumb?)

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Yeah, biggest failing of the game in my experience so far is the UI. Just nowhere near as good at bringing you useful information as 5 was.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

having acclimated to the graphics, i'm having a good time. obfviously still some issues, but nothing that renders it unplayable or unfun.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

New Fall Patch is out! Tons of fixes in it. The update is 2.1 GB. Full list of changes here..

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comment...date_now_live/

I think this patch created a new bug.. city attack strength seems to be 3 till the information era making walls pretty much useless.grrrrr

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Definitely some interesting changes - wonder what they're holding team play ransom for. Guessing DLC.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I don't really like removing the ability to sell back units entirely, but other than that these seem like good changes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Got this for Christmas and am currently installing it. Anyone still play?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I've been busy with RL and kinda waiting on the SDK.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rise and Fall expansion coming February 8, 2018
    2K and Firaxis Games announced today that Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Rise and Fall , the expansion pack for the critically acclaimed and award-winning strategy title, will be available for Windows PC on February 8, 2018.

Civilization VI: Rise and Fall brings new choices, strategies, and challenges for players as they guide a civilization through the ages. The expansion introduces new Great Ages, a new city loyalty system, and Governors while expanding existing Diplomacy and Government systems; and adds nine new leaders and eight new civilizations, a variety of new units, districts, wonders, buildings, and more. Players can now lead their empire into a Golden Age of prosperity or emerge triumphantly from a Dark Age into a memorable Heroic Age.

“Sid Meier’s Civilization is 2K’s longest running franchise and we’re thrilled to reveal this exciting and dynamic expansion for fans to experience Civilization VI in all new ways,” said Matt Gorman, VP of Marketing at 2K. “The Civilization VI: Rise and Fall expansion comes after a year of content and updates to Civilization VI, and marks the perfect time for both veterans and newcomers to take one more turn at building their empire.”

“With the new Great Ages system in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Rise and Fall, players can experience the ebb and flow of building empires amidst the challenges of history, either to lasting greatness or the dust of antiquity,” added Anton Strenger, Lead Designer at Firaxis Games. “With this expansion’s new features, players will be both challenged and rewarded in ways never seen before in the 26 years of the Civilization franchise.”

Key features

• Great Ages: As your civilization ebbs and flows, and you reach milestone Historic Moments, you will experience Dark Ages or Golden Ages, each providing specific challenges or bonuses based on your actions in-game. Rise triumphantly from a Dark Age, and your next Golden Age will be even stronger – a Heroic Age.

• Loyalty: Cities now have individual Loyalty to your leadership – let it fall too low, and face the consequences of low yields, revolts, and the potential to lose your city to another civilization, or its own independence. But one civilization’s loss can be your gain as you inspire Loyalty among cities throughout the map and further expand your borders.

• Governors: Recruit, appoint, and upgrade powerful characters with unique specialization bonuses and promotion trees to customize your cities, and reinforce Loyalty.

• Enhanced Alliances: An enhanced alliances system allows players to form different types of alliances and build bonuses over time.

• Emergencies: When a civilization grows too powerful, other civilizations can join a pact against the threatening civilization and earn rewards, or penalties, when the Emergency ends.

• Timeline: Review your civilization’s history at any time with the new Timeline feature, a visual journey through the Historic Moments that you encountered on your path to victory.

• New Leaders: Nine leaders and eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of eight unique units, two unique buildings, four unique improvements, and two unique districts.

• New Global Content: Eight new world wonders, seven natural wonders, four new units, two new tile improvements, two new districts, fourteen new buildings, and three new resources have been added.

• Improved Gameplay Systems: The Government system has been enhanced with new Policies and additional improvements have been made to existing systems.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haven't enjoyed a CIV game since 4 sadly.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I liked 5 a lot, 4 was alright and 3 was trash to me.