BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RUN Rune Values     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

RUN Rune Values

Hey there, folks. Was doing a bit of testing on my RUN sets, popping runes and such to check values, and one thing that I noticed was that the formula on the wiki is either wrong or I'm doing something horribly wrong (which is possible, as I've never been good at these formulas). According to the wiki, the formula for a single rune is (floor(Level/10)*3)+5. So, at level 99, the formula should come out to (floor(99/10)*3)+5, or 32 per rune. However, I am getting 71 per rune. I have no merits in Rune Enhancement, and 17 JP in Rune Enhancement Effect. However, with perceived difference in expected and actual (71 as compared to 32, or a difference of 39), I can't think of a proper correlation between the two.

So is there a portion of the formula I'm missing/messing up, or do those JPs in Rune Enhancement do something funky? I'm at just about enough JP to get another rank to see if that changes it unusually, but I can't figure out what's going on here.

And while I was writing this, I added that extra JP, bumping me up to 72 actual. So, assuming that they're all properly at 1 each, that means that before JP I should be around 54. So did they stealth buff runes up, increase runes and wiki wasn't updated, or is my math just horribly wrong?

Note that I tested all of this in no gear at all, so this is purely runes and any bonuses from JPs/merits.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The formula was definitely correct when it was done but looks like there might have been some kind of stealth buff as I'm getting 64 with only merits. Well they might have made some little note somewhere but it got missed. So both of ours look like the base before merits/jp is 54.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I might be remembering wrong but they doubled the amount of elemental resistance you get per rune a while ago. I think it was the same update that removed enmity from runes and lowered recast.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well if they did they messed up cause 54 isn't double 32

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Holy crap it took forever but I found it. It was April 30th 2013 update. So basically right after SoA came out. Only said "increased" not doubled so I just remembered wrong and didn't notice you said "with merits" when you said 64.

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well I feel better knowing that. XD It didn't really change anything in my gearing or whatnot, it was just a curiosity that came up. Thanks!