+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

All ff3 dungeons are done for me so this is just a Luneth event unless I get someone's relic.

BG Level

Genji Gloves. Think I'm good.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by hyoton View Post
    I guess I should play FF3 at some point. Maybe by the time the next FF3 event comes around after this.
    The DS version wasn't a bad game at all. Certainly if you've suffered through FFII then you can do just about anything.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

For FF3 (DS) I would say, if you like Bravely Default it's basically its precursor.

BG Level

There is something really awesome about stacking Basch, Ramza, and Luneth together and hitting +++ boss for 9000 a hit using Tempo.

Whoever approved of Garuda here is everything that's the wrong with the game. Basically RNG-fest hoping you get mitigation and debuffs up before it does 4 attacks that easily wipe out at least one person, if not your whole party.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Whoever approved of Garuda here is everything that's the wrong with the game. Basically RNG-fest hoping you get mitigation and debuffs up before it does 4 attacks that easily wipe out at least one person, if not your whole party.
    Right? I fucking hated that fight so hard. It took me about 8~9 resets before I got up enough of my buffs that it wasn't fucking flooring people before I could toss a cure. After I got my buffs up it was fine... but that fight was absolutely stupid in the beginning... I had one instant where it literally attacked within the first 1~2 seconds of the fight and killed someone.

I thank my stars I got Luneth's dagger though, as I had no idea it was wind damage until I hit that stupid bird with 9999 x8. Magical

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'll try ultimate + tomorrow but if I fail due to low synergy I'll retry Monday with tornado strike

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Right? I fucking hated that fight so hard. It took me about 8~9 resets before I got up enough of my buffs that it wasn't fucking flooring people before I could toss a cure. After I got my buffs up it was fine... but that fight was absolutely stupid in the beginning... I had one instant where it literally attacked within the first 1~2 seconds of the fight and killed someone.

I thank my stars I got Luneth's dagger though, as I had no idea it was wind damage until I hit that stupid bird with 9999 x8. Magical
    Yeah, I basically had to hope I got MG8 up, Slow, and Full break before its second round. I had to forego casting protect on my healer initially just to have her AoE heal because it was pretty much guaranteed I'd get hit by at least one Lightning. Would strongly recommend people bring 80s to this fight simply for the higher HP pool.

BG Level

Garuda pissed me the fuck off.

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I Join the Garuda Fuck you party.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

#fuckFF3Garuda

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Glad to know I wasn't the only one Garuda pissed off... took like 9-10 S/L's just to get mitigiation up fast enough that I could actually start the fight... once that happened she got plowed.... but Jesus.. -_-;

Then I turned around and 1-shot Odin, I was wondering what was wrong with that picture, lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Good to see they made the boss just as infuriating in FFRK as it was in FF3 lol. It was one of the most rage inducing bosses in that game imo, basically having to pray it didnt spam lightning or grind your ass off to beat it

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Maybe I was lucky, but I found Garuda easy. I beat her first try. Sure, she did a fuckload of damage and brought several characters down to an inch of death, but once you got mitigation on she was easy. I basically just did Magic Breakdown + Wall + AoE heal, and then Shell + Shout second round.

Well, my first attempt went something like this...

Battle loads > First party member is about 3/4 ATB > Garuda immediately Lightnings and normal Attacks > Queue up first party member's ability > Garuda attacks again before said person's ability triggers, killing 3 people.

While true it's not a bad fight once you do get mitigations up, I basically criticize it because it demands constantly resetting until you do get that lucky start. This is one of the reasons why I hate the one round boss fights, especially if they put no kind of lock on what abilities the boss can use at the start. I'd be more than okay with the debuffed Garuda actually being more difficult than it was if it meant avoiding the hassle of just trying to get to that point. I'm of the mind that these kinds of fights should otherwise have the bosses idle for 2 rounds worth of attacks or until you act on them. That way you're not caught with your pants down.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Garuda was pretty easy for me, on to odin in 2h!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Garuda gave me a couple issues that required S/L... just bad starts before i could get any mitigation up and not having much synergy for FF3. But after getting up shell, MBDN she went down pretty quick. Odin was similarly a fast clear, PBDN, Prot + RW SG and he was easy peasy.

now the question is do i spend any more time trying to clear Ult+ on FF4 before it goes away today :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

As much a pain as Garuda is, just be glad they didn't choose it for the U or U+ fight.

Dear god, the low synergy aggravation.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Goldor was more difficult than Garuda for me... only because I had to S/L a ton to get mitigation up.