+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm thinking my setup will involve Luneth (at 80) with spellblade and tempo, Agrias, Ramza, Lightning, and Y'shtola or Yuna. Haven't quite decided who will be my healer just yet. Probably depends on the RW.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Setups
    Ultimate
    Spoiler: show

Ultimate +

Due to my low AOE heal, i'm not sure to use AOE heal RW for Megaflare or Squall BSB (wind element)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    Someone posted a rather interesting idea on reddit to cheese this fight and other 1 stam fights that don't use damaging attacks on turn 1:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...ther_u_fights/

Basically, enter fight, everyone attack the boss then flee before it has the chance to damage you, repeat about 30 times until everyone has full SB bars then wreck the boss with full sb bars. Works on this one since its first 2 turns are always haste > slow unless it decides to charge tsunami, and if you do take damage you can s/l.

This sort of tactic has always been possible with mithril revive, but being able to do it for about 30 stam instead of 1-2 mithril is a much better deal.
    Copying this over from the other ultimate thread since I think this will probably be more relevant with less synergy. Depending on what the boss does for this one, might be useful?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Copying this over from the other ultimate thread since I think this will probably be more relevant with less synergy. Depending on what the boss does for this one, might be useful?
    This one opens with an auto attack, so i dont think it would help in this instance.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Garuda was a rough start. I mastered 1/1 with only 1 medal lost, but I think that was only due to having Relm's medica. Once I had mitigation up and full break/power breakdown his physical attacks were only hitting for about 250 and lightning for about 550.

BG Level

So trying again FF3 DS, and i was wondering, is it better to have multiple jobs level at different levels, or is it because to focus on 4 jobs?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

From what I remember in the DS version, it's better to stay along one line of jobs instead of hopping back and forth.

Evoker -> Summoner
    White Mage -> Devout
    Warrior -> Knight

Because then your HP or MP bonuses will carry over and be relevant, instead of being stuck as a Warrior with really good MP.

Job lvl gains are easy up until around 20, and then its a bit of a grind. Each action gains some static JP and you gain a JP level every 100 JP.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So trying again FF3 DS, and i was wondering, is it better to have multiple jobs level at different levels, or is it because to focus on 4 jobs?
    Personally I feel focusing on a well rounded party of whm, blm, and 2 other damage dealers at the start, then upgrading to advanced jobs in the later game for better mp/stat growth when they become available is plenty enough.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Uhhh, there are also some jobs that you NEED to stay in for specific amount of levels to get max stats... I vaguely remember Onion Knight being one of them.

BG Level

Yeah but max stats usually is too much work for not that much results

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Uhhh, there are also some jobs that you NEED to stay in for specific amount of levels to get max stats... I vaguely remember Onion Knight being one of them.
    Thats Black Belt for max HP I think. Stats themselves are based on character level.

Like two different Black Mage Luneths at level 20 will have the same stats, but the one at job lvl 50 will easily outdamage the one at job lvl 10.

BG Level

0 medals lost on leviathan time for the fun

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Ultimate+ is a bitch. Between him one shorting someone before mitigation begins or dropping an aoe less than 2 seconds after mega flare goes off. I haven't been able to get past the first mega flare due to that

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

From what you guys said, I was expecting Bahamut to open with an aoe group attack. Besides his really high defense, he really wasn't that bad. I had more issues with Levi opening with a double attack on one character for 6k+ a couple times in a row.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Bahamut used third Megaflare at 5% with this setup but cleared anyway. Thing holding me back from mastery was weak equip and maybe played a bit too defensive.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

1/1 Master on both with my only Synergy, weapon or armor, being the Lust Dagger I pulled for my 100. But that Lust dagger + Siphon + Knight's Charge(RM) was fucking MVP of the year Bahamut+.

(The numbers are uses not hones) Set up for U. Hindsight, Aerith didn't do much attacking, coulda brought protect but didn't realize Levi hit so hard, though he was more magic.

Ramza 76 - Banishing Strike (6), Full Break (4), Mako
    Tyro 80- Defense BreakD (8), Magic BreakD (6), Mogs
    Squall 71 - Thundara Strike, Tempo Flurry, Attunement II
    Luneth 65 - Siphon (6), Power Break (10), Knight's Charge
    Aerith 71 - Diaga(12), Curaja (10), CetraHealing

RW: Mighty Guard (8)

U+. Easier than I thought but still hard... Luneth carried the FUCK outta this fight with SwordShower

Ramza - Power BD (6), Full Break (4), Mako
    Tyro - Magic BD (6), Defense BD (8), Mog
    Squall - Aera Strike (4lol), Tempo Flurry (10), Attune II
    Luneth - Siphon(6), Siphon(6), Knights Charge
    Aerith - Protect(2), Curaja(10), CetraHeal

RW: Divine Guardian (9)

Luneth was doing about 7k/hit on his SSB with Defense BD, Full Break, and Shout... thats a lot of damage on an U+ for my synergy... plus most of Bahamut's attacks were AoE... I used 5 of the 12Siphon charges I brought with me and the rest of his attacks were SwordShower (used it 4 times). It was a hard carry by Luneth but my god I love that SSB... and I love that it deals Wind damage. The bonus was it raised my DEF too which really helped. so I had Wall, DEF+, RES+, and Protectga up. There were still a few worrying moments but my Aerith has her Healing Wind SB so it wasn't any trouble.

my Soul Breaks of note for both fights were... Shout, Sentinel's, Swordshower, Healing Wind.

For Bahamut, I'd really recommend Aero Strike (Aera?), while my Tempo Flurry's were doing about 2k/swing(4k total) with Defense BD/FB/Shout, Aero Strike (3*) was doing 9800~9999... I just didn't have it high honed (or multiple copies) because of lack of orbs at the moment... so its quite valuable.

BG Level

Took me 3 tries cuz i suck with buffs and ebuffs

Squall BSB RW

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

lost one medal for damage taken with this setup. took a second try due to instakill on tyro

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ult was a joke.

Ult+ was fairly straightforward after the shit that was Cagnazzo. Had to S/L a couple times because of badly timed Wall wearing off, but not too bad.

My setup

RW SG

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Forgot Banishing Strike on first run with Levi. Oops. Mastered 2nd try.

Thinking with Saint's Cross neutered for Bahamut, I might need to craft a 2nd Aero Strike or use Wind Jump on a drg.

Edit: Changed Balthier up for Greg and didn't really have any issues with the 2nd wind ability. Megaflare was doing like 500 dmg. Nice to have a bit of a breather after Turtle-bitch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast