BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Honestly one of the biggest issues I had was getting a clean start where I got wall/shell up before he could act. Otherwise you're starting with 1+ characters already down 2k HP.

Past that, 1 aoe heal should be enough to get you through, though if you have 2 or more you can use cure spells as nukes instead of healing. Photon spray will give you tons of SB guage (plus hitting holy weakness gives you more). And I'll stress that point: you will have more than enough SB gauges. Use them as soon as they're up if you can (esuna/poisona duty aside) Other than that, don't forget to reapply pro/shell and take down mirrors 3/4 asap.
    Thanks. I eventually got into the flow of things, and despite bad luck on the last phase my first time around (Decided to Photon me a million times), I got him down the like... 9th attempt or so. Getting up Buffs at the beginning was very luck based for me, as he liked to sweep tail me for like 2k~2.5k per person, and If I didn't have my Waller/Protectga person at near full gauge, there are times he'd of gotten 2 attacks off and just killed 2-4 people...

Either way, a success is a success... Mastered it, losing 1 Turn and 2 Damage... but mastered it non-the-less.

Really awful fight that one, and now I have a bunch of useless WHM abilities and wasted wind orbs I could have put toward Thief's Raid... but I can always blow them up later if needed.

4 of my 5 chars had a cure equipped with Tyro being Esuna/Dispel. So, had Curaja, 2 Curagas, and a Renewing Cure. I made a 2nd 4* Dia just cuz and put my 2-3* on others. Though I did have Yuna's Sending SB to help with the mirror phase and in 3rd when able. Either way, my starts were basically: Yuna > Dia, Porom > MG (RW), Tyro > SG, Rosa > Dia, and Lenna held a likely cure needed for Porom. Lenna also had the FF7 wand for some spot AoE cures. Either way, she and Porom got the weaker Dias since I anticipated them curing more, but they were still useful. Second round was usually 3-4 cures specifically since initial damage is inevitable. From there, my biggest enemy was just hoping Tyro got hit enough with Photon Spray to fuel SG. Having him otherwise defend helped.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5