+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crab battle     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Crab battle

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...91/detail.html

So this anniversary event is cccrab battle! For the red crab mount or something blah blah. But the real prize is in the chest next to the moogle is a bunch of free stuff like previous anniversary prizes... including vana clock and kupofried.

Pretty easy minigame. Use emotes to change the emotion bar of the crabs that you approach to match yours closely. Gotta be fast as they run away after about 3 tries. You earn grind and boy is it as it's 500 points for the mount and winning most of them looks like about 2 points each and I was getting around 30 a run

Some of the things you can buy with "grind" the currency you earn from this are of course the mount, SP keys, AMAN vouchers, ambuscade KIs and stupid fireworks

Campaign
    BG Level

With 30 points a battle and 500 for the mount I'm not sure I wanna bother. With the currently ongoing campaigns and limited playtime I think I'd rather spend my hour of gameplay doing other activities.
    How long do you think it's gonna take (on average, not with the super besterest player omg insane efficiency etc) to farm those 500 grind?
    Fitting name btw.

I guess the chest has no reward for players who got all the rewards the previous years?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    With 30 points a battle and 500 for the mount I'm not sure I wanna bother. With the currently ongoing campaigns and limited playtime I think I'd rather spend my hour of gameplay doing other activities.
    How long do you think it's gonna take (on average, not with the super besterest player omg insane efficiency etc) to farm those 500 grind?
    Fitting name btw.

I guess the chest has no reward for players who got all the rewards the previous years?
    Finished it in about 1h could probably get it down to 30 mins if you are really good/lucky with what crabs you get. Also if you get the King you will receive double the points for each crab. But i would say 1h for someone who just starts out. And no new rewards from the mini game. Ambuscade primer are to expensive (100 each) to be any useful.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Once you know how it works, it's not bad to do the event. I was consistently getting 100+ points a battle at the end.
    Tricks to know:
    You and the crab each have X*10% of health. As an example, the crab has 40% and you have 70%. A wave and a point increase/decrease their health by 20%, and a cheer/poke increase/decrease by 30%.
    So for situations where you're really close to each other in terms of health, you have to do a large jump past them, then a small jump toward them to match.

Chain bonuses are incredible, and aren't time based, just whether you can get the crab synchronised with you.

Matching with the Crab King gets everyone in the area 30 seconds of double points off of the large crabs. Matching with the Crab Czar gets everyone in the area 30 seconds of double points off of the small crabs. Messing up on the Czar turns you into a crab and gives you a small speed boost (You can still match with the crabs whilst in costume). Messing up on the King gives you gravity, which sucks. The King and Czar tend to spawn in the same location each time, so knowing where they are is a great boon.

Lastly, you match with crabs via sound aggro. Clearing a crab successfully means you can match with a new one immediately. Messing a crab up incurs a 2 or 3 second delay before you can match another.

Knowing all this, it's not too tough to get chain 20, with the double bonus giving you 8-12 points a match, allowing you to get above 100 a run easily.

Campaign
    BG Level

I've been told that you also get FACILITY RING from the chest. Is that true? If so that's cool because it's a "new" reward, and being it a consumable ring you can never have too many, especially during a double CP campaign.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not from the chest, but from the Moogles in the towns that tell you your game stats (kills, deaths, messages, alliances, etc). They allow you to take two items from their reserve (including the same item twice). These items are (to my recollection):
    Trizek Ring, Echad Ring, Caliber Ring, Facility Ring, Astral Cube, Leaf Bench, (and two(?) other items I've forgotten).

Campaign
    BG Level

Oh cool, guess I'll get 2x Facility Rings then. Thanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh yeah and red crab mount is broken right now. Can only access it via text command menu doesn't work

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Where are these moogles, exactly? The ones that let you get items?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    Where are these moogles, exactly? The ones that let you get items?
    Click the link in the OP

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Click the link in the OP
    Not the moogles I meant -- but I found them anyway! It's the one by the gates.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Oh yeah and red crab mount is broken right now. Can only access it via text command menu doesn't work
    use /mount "Red Crab" should work

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ragna Bahamut View Post
    use /mount "Red Crab" should work
    Yeah like I said the text command...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Yeah like I said the text command...