Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    A gigantic waste of space
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    712
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Announcing the Next Version Update (19/05/2016)


    The next version update is scheduled for early June.

    Experience a new quest that delves deeper into the Seekers of Adoulin storyline as well as changes to the content and rewards of Ambuscade.

    Those who have not yet completed Rhapsodies of Vana'diel may wish to give the story another try with adjustments to its difficulty level, while battle-oriented players may wish to test their skills with the latest changes to Domain Invasion. There are also myriad quality of life improvement, so get ready for June!
    Spoiler: show
    Thanks Modoru

    Always nice to see more quests.

  2. #2
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,435
    BG Level
    8

    As expected next Intense Ambuscade will be about Yagudos. Hope the fight wont' be as annoying as Quadavs. (which still haven't been completely sorted out I think?)

  3. #3
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    650
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurauc View Post
    how do i img
    https links for images
    try reuploading to imgur or something.

  4. #4
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,761
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    As expected next Intense Ambuscade will be about Yagudos. Hope the fight wont' be as annoying as Quadavs. (which still haven't been completely sorted out I think?)
    Yagudos in general were always annoying when we had to deal with them (not terribly, but still annoying bastards) so I see them being just as if not more annoying, especially with summoners.

  5. #5
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    27,850
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I'd make jokes about how the Yag fight will present a 30 minute duration PD summoning, but I realized it will fall upon deaf ears because no one will do the Yagudo fight, like no one is doing Quadavs (has anyone figured out how to kill main boss?), like barely anyone did Orcs.

    SE hasnt fixed the main problem with Intense: when factoring time+difficulty:reward vs Regular, its just not worth it.

  6. #6
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    176
    BG Level
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I'd make jokes about how the Yag fight will present a 30 minute duration PD summoning, but I realized it will fall upon deaf ears because no one will do the Yagudo fight, like no one is doing Quadavs (has anyone figured out how to kill main boss?), like barely anyone did Orcs.

    SE hasnt fixed the main problem with Intense: when factoring time+difficulty:reward vs Regular, its just not worth it.
    yeah well that's SE's problem with SO much content, even as trivial as limbus farming back in the day, so were you expecting better? Just be glad at least one of the ambuscades is worth doing, if you want those gear

  7. #7
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,148
    BG Level
    8

    I killed the orcs easily with AOEs but I can't figure out Quadav and I've been asking around.

  8. #8
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    645
    BG Level
    5

    Don't kill the Bozzetto Elementalist but down it to 20~30% and keep it Silenced (casts powerful spells, Manafont Meteor spam and has a powerfull add poison), the boss becomes vulnerable when it heals add with Cure VI. There was a moment where the boss could be damaged with magical attacks only. Toward the end the boss can be damaged during Rage of Gu'Dah (powerful magic AoE inflicting gravity and knockback, 25~30' range, much worse than the petrified AoE). That's how we did VD but there are still things that elude me.

  9. #9
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18,146
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    That is way too convoluted and too much work to figure out for just for some more points especially when it will take longer to kill too kind of killing the point efficiency thing and with it changing each month anyways resetting the time and failures it took to figure out

  10. #10
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,761
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    That is way too convoluted and too much work to figure out for just for some more points especially when it will take longer to kill too kind of killing the point efficiency thing and with it changing each month anyways resetting the time and failures it took to figure out
    In that regard it's actually an interesting fight compared to just continually fuck smashing easy enemies. Not efficient, sure, but it's more designed to be something 'challenging' rather than farming it for points.

  11. #11
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    27,850
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Who does Ambuscade for anything other than farming points?

    Thats like saying the kid who works at McDonalds does it because he enjoys flipping burgers, not the money.

  12. #12
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    176
    BG Level
    3

    challenge is an acceptable reason until you've beaten it a few times, then like any game you may wish to try it again once in a couple years

    not 50 fucking times. In this way it's a waste of the little development resources they seem to have left. Problem is the devs don't play the game, so they have no concept of effort:reward

    If they ramped up points from intense ambuscade so you only have to beat it like 5x a month, then ok, you get both 'challenge' and worthwhile. Then you'd see parties made and a respectable # doing both types

    Knowing their fear of unsubs if ppl clear the month's content in 2 days, they're far more likely go the opposite direction and make regular ambuscade 5 points/win hoping ppl don't quit the whole thing altogether

  13. #13
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,435
    BG Level
    8

    ...but then you'd get no time consuming activity keeping players busy for a longer time. Players would get bored and start shouting at devs because they aren't working hard enough and start demanding for more content.
    Devs live under the illusion that if they keep the players busy long enough the majority of them won't be asking for new stuff for quite a while.

    Funny thing is that's pretty true more often than not.

  14. #14
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    176
    BG Level
    3

    yeah just added this: "Knowing their fear of unsubs if ppl clear the month's content in 2 days, they're far more likely go the opposite direction and make regular ambuscade 5 points/win hoping ppl don't quit the whole thing altogether"

    but the fact remains even if they make no changes, they have half of a new battle system they heavily rely on for subs that no one ever bothers with. Unlike past content, they plan to repeat this fail every month. They may as well just get rid of Intense instead of waste the resources

  15. #15
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    27,850
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    ...but then you'd get no time consuming activity keeping players busy for a longer time. Players would get bored and start shouting at devs because they aren't working hard enough and start demanding for more content.
    Devs live under the illusion that if they keep the players busy long enough the majority of them won't be asking for new stuff for quite a while.

    Funny thing is that's pretty true more often than not.
    Look at Tachis post about quadavs and tell me if you think thats worth double points over demons?

    The effort:reward ratio is completely fucked.

  16. #16
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,055
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by steellord View Post
    yeah just added this: "Knowing their fear of unsubs if ppl clear the month's content in 2 days, they're far more likely go the opposite direction and make regular ambuscade 5 points/win hoping ppl don't quit the whole thing altogether"

    but the fact remains even if they make no changes, they have half of a new battle system they heavily rely on for subs that no one ever bothers with. Unlike past content, they plan to repeat this fail every month. They may as well just get rid of Intense instead of waste the resources
    In this regard Intense makes no sense whatsoever at all to deal with it atm. it would need to give like triple or quadrupel amount to be worth while for the hassle of doing it.
    In that regard they might maybe add crafting materials as a drop to it after the next ambuscade update? Haveing another source for staghorn corals, ethereal squama, southern pearls etc etc. as a direct drop from intense wouldnt be bad (into your personal pool that is).

  17. #17
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,435
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Look at Tachis post about quadavs and tell me if you think thats worth double points over demons?

    The effort:reward ratio is completely fucked.
    Nononono I wasn't trying to justify SE's balancing for this month's Ambuscade in any way. I haven't even bothered to TRY the Intense one this month, and I doubt I will.

    If we want to see the glass half full though, last month wasn't too bad at all. You had an easy dragon that you could do with any sort of pug for 300 points on VD, then you had D orcs that were pretty doable with a wide range of setups, even some PUGs, and then VD orcs that was efficiently doing with just a very specific setup (in a couple of mins) for 400 and 600 points respectively iir.
    So... it wasn't that bad?
    This month is completely fucked up but at the same time it's a bit early to say Ambuscade is gonna suck forever and ever. In a few weeks fights are gonna change again, let's see what comes our way! I sure hope it's gonna be something along the lines of the previous' months than the current one.

    Even if it clearly didn't work for this month, I think I apreciate the "creativity" the new devs are showing for these fights. 0 points for the actual result, some points for the effort?

  18. #18
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,127
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Even if it clearly didn't work for this month, I think I apreciate the "creativity" the new devs are showing for these fights. 0 points for the actual result, some points for the effort?
    I wouldn't even give 'em that. This month's Ambuscade fails on basically every level. Even the Normal fight is far more annoying to do, and the total reward set was poorly thought out as well. Anecdotally, far fewer people seem to be trying to do Ambuscade this month (timing with campaigns likely contributes a bit to that too). I mean, it's one way to "fix" congestion issues, I guess, but it seems like they forgot that it was supposed to be an event for everyone.

    I pretty well expect Yagudos to have knockback/Doom/amnesia/etc out in force, and then probably Astral Flow to wipe you anyway.

  19. #19
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,055
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    astral flow isnt that bad if you can predict it with a Run tank, but brd and smn work too.

  20. #20
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,127
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    True, it can be dealt with, but not by all jobs/groups, depending on how severe it is. How many people would seek out the specific jobs they need, versus simply not doing Intense (again)? That's before whatever gimmick they decide to implement.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Announcing the Next Version Update! (02/27/2015)
    By Ligray in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 206
    Last Post: 2015-03-12, 14:36
  2. Announcing the Next Version Update! (01/23/2015)
    By Ligray in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 2015-01-31, 12:17